By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year Tracker 2020 - The Last Of Us Part II / Sony Dominating!

The game is at 180 now, only 14 away from Breath of the Wild but too far from games like part I and the Witcher 3.

The game was so “hated” by “gamers” and still managed to win most of Readers choice awards.

So much paradox!



Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:

The game is at 180 now, only 14 away from Breath of the Wild but too far from games like part I and the Witcher 3.

The game was so “hated” by “gamers” and still managed to win most of Readers choice awards.

So much paradox!

There's no paradox about it. An overwhelming majority of gamers and outlets loved it...but it has a masculine woman in it, a lesbian romance, and a director that likes 'social justice'. The Anti-SJW's descended upon that virtue signalling game like it was...I dunno anymore. Anti-SJW's are the laughingstock of people who actually get laid and have successful lives. 



My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

Surpassed BOTW and GOW already!



Updated totals - The Last of Us Part II now with over 200 awards!

It is currently the 4th highest awarded game of all time - passing Breath of the Wild and God of War.

Award Totals

The Last of Us Part II - 203
Media Outlets: 142 | Readers' Choice: 61
Hades - 45
Media Outlets: 42 | Readers' Choice: 3
Ghost of Tsushima - 34
Media Outlets: 26 | Readers' Choice: 8
Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 19
Media Outlets: 19 | Readers' Choice: 0
Cyberpunk 2077 - 19
Media Outlets: 8 | Readers' Choice: 11
Final Fantasy VII Remake - 15
Media Outlets: 14 | Readers' Choice: 1
Doom Eternal - 10
Media Outlets: 10 | Readers' Choice: 0
Half Life: Alyx - 9
Microsoft Flight Simulator - 4
Yakuza: Like a Dragon - 3
Assassin's Creed Valhalla - 2
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 2
Demon's Souls - 1
Immortals Fenyx Rising - 1
Kentucky Route Zero - 1
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales - 1
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin - 1
Spiritfarer - 1
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 - 1



Zombie9ers said:

Updated totals - The Last of Us Part II now with over 200 awards!

It is currently the 4th highest awarded game of all time - passing Breath of the Wild and God of War.

Award Totals

The Last of Us Part II - 203
Ghost of Tsushima - 34

(....)

I'm very happy for both. Thank you for the update!

Very interesting :)



Game Awards 2020: Millions of Gamers have decided, "The Last of Us 2" is Game of the Year and has received the most Awards :) And my respect for Ghost of Tsushima!!

Around the Network

Part II won Metacritic’s Reader’s Choice after being review bombed on release!!

I love happy endings!



Zelda was a great game, but i still feel like they could have made the game much better. Combat could have been explanded on, bit more diversity in dungeons, atleast 2 or 3 more boss battles, and a better castle design to explore . It almost felt like it;s incomplete and the devs ran out of time. As fot tlou2, amazing game. I will be playing again on ps5 with 60fps once released.



KratosLives said:

Zelda was a great game, but i still feel like they could have made the game much better. Combat could have been explanded on, bit more diversity in dungeons, atleast 2 or 3 more boss battles, and a better castle design to explore . It almost felt like it;s incomplete and the devs ran out of time. As fot tlou2, amazing game. I will be playing again on ps5 with 60fps once released.

First reaction: lol wrong thread

After reading the whole post: ????????



kazuyamishima said:

Part II won Metacritic’s Reader’s Choice after being review bombed on release!!

I love happy endings!

It was an amazing game. I did believe there were some pacing / storytelling issues due to the story not being told chronologically and from multiple perspectives but that is when I comparing it with TLOUr or Uncharted 2 and 4. If I set it against most games that did release this year few dit better on that regard. As for almost everything else TLOU2 did the best ever. Sound stage and sound design in gunfights was amazing, animations were the best I've ever seen, graphics and attention for detail on a crazy level, gameplay was smooth and rewarding, AI was superb.... That it wins so many reader's choice rewards was understandable.

I only wish they'd add a 60fps patch to PS5 which would be a good incentive to replay the whole game. And where is Factions? I need an intense multiplayer game that is not an esports game or yearly CoD. 



Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Runa216 said:

Nope! If so....AStro's Playroom would be GOTY everywhere. Its user score is the highest I've seen all year. 

I'm not even talking about reviews though.  I am talking about popularity.  If you look at sales or social media/google mentions, twitch streams, etc..., the games that dominated this year were Animal Crossing and Among Us.  When I think of games from 2020, these are the first two that come to mind.  These were the games that people were actually playing.  None of the others are even close.

These GOTY picks are biased because they are so heavily based on reviews.  The critics' tastes are not the same as the average gamer's tastes.

But...this thread is about reviews and review outlets. We have plenty of threads that cover popularity/sales figures.

"These GOTY picks are biased because they are so heavily based on reviews" - There is literally nothing else they should be based on. While I don't assign any more importance to the opinion of a professional game critic than I do to any other gamer with a decent amount of experience, I give more credence to their opinion than I do for the throngs of casuals that can make any given low-wattage game popular.

 



YOU WILL SERVE THE BRIGHT LORD!