This is how I imagine the game will be. I have no proof for half the stuff I'm going to say but this is how I would design the game:
Last edited by Elputoxd - on 29 December 2020
- The game is divided in missions like Alpha Protocol or Hitman and you have a central hub (like the Normandy in Mass Effect), in this hub you can upgrade Joanna's gadgets and abilities (think of DMC V) and maybe talk to other characters that are in that base with you (people who help you, etc).
- The missions take you to a great variety of places all around the world (I really doubt the entire game will be set in Egypt), one of those missions takes place in Egypt, as shown in the trailer.
- The gameplay is similar to that of an immersive sim, once you start a mission you have an objective (steal an object, kill someone, whatever) and you have a variety of ways to interact with the environment and with the characters around you. Think of a mix of Hitman and Deus Ex and Dishonored. You might be able to be stealthy or go guns blazing. You can also use gadgets like drones (shown in the trailer), hack devices and talk to people (I do think the game will have some kind of dialogue system, even if it's simple).
- The game is fully first person (this is confirmed) and has a parkour movement system similar to that of Mirror's Edge or Dying Light (this is confirmed as well).
- The combat revolves around light guns (pistols, revolvers, submachine guns, tasers, shown in the concept art) and small melee weapons like knifes. Why? Because these kinds of weapons 1) Can be easily hid and Joanna needs to infiltrate a lot of places without getting attention and 2) Do not intrude with this parkour movement the game has, for example you can easily jump over a fence and shoot an enemy while doing so, you cannot do that with large weapons. The game has larger weapons like sniper rifles but are rarely used (I can see missions that revolves around escorting someone with a sniper rifle or something like that).
- You can interrogate enemies (like in MGS) and you can also use enemies as human shields (Gears already does that and it's shown in concept art so I don't think it would be hard to implement). You can drag bodies and hide them.
- In general, the game takes elements and mechanics from Hitman, Dishonored, Deus Ex and Watch Dogs.
- The game is around 10-12 hours long. There could also be side quests you can launch from your central hub to gain extra experience points or money or whatever.
- I personally wouldn't add a multiplayer mode of any kind, but if they do I imagine The Coalition or another studio that is not The Initiative will handle it.