By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I love classic Sega

Leynos said:
GoOnKid said:

How would you best describe this game? I never heard of it before.

Darwinianevolution said:

I've played a decent amount of Sega games throughout the years, though I've never had that much nostalgia for them, most of their classics were before my time (I really should finish Shinobi one of this days, never could beat the arcade version as a child). Also, for the life of me I don't get Nights into Dreams, what's going on in that game?.

Honestly, I don't get it either. Also, every gameplay footage I see looks clumsy, as if it was very difficult to control properly.

What would be your top 3 Mega Drive games?

Well Rent a Hero you start off beat up your dad in a Godzilla costume. If you play either the Genesis original or Dreamcast remake. You order a Pizza but get some power suit by mistake. You become a Hero by hired to pay for it. Go about the city saving people but your costume runs on batteries. It was also ported to Xbox in Japan. DC version in a small way is a pre-cursor to Yakuza in a small focused open town area and has a silly side to the side quests. In the DC version, you train with Segata Sanshiro.

Jeez, I loled so hard when I read that description! This is just amazing!

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
GoOnKid said:

Even 3 lives won't help me!

Yeah, it's still really hard even with 3 lives. But, I personally found Revenge of Shinobi harder than Hard Corps. Or it's just false memories. But it seemed this way when I played Revenge of Shinobi recently.

The Shinobi games are definitely very difficult. I've only ever beaten any of them by relying on emulator saves, furthest I remember making it on original hardware was I think the 4th or 5th level of Shinobi 3/The Super Shinobi II.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 07 December 2020

So, I did it. I got myself the Sega Mega Drive Mini as a christmas gift and played it every now and then during this last month, and I love it so much!

Of course I instantly jumped straight to my childhood games like Sonic 1 and 2, Castlevania Bloodlines and World of Illusion, but I also checked out many others. I already finished Altered Beast and Streets of Rage 2 as well as all the ones that I've already mentioned before.

Damn, I am happy that save states are featured! I suck so hard in comparison to when I was a kid. I am currenty making steady progress in Ecco the Dolphin, Strider and Gunstar Heroes. Oh, and Phantay Star IV has me hooked right from the start! I wonder if I'll ever be able to finish it, though, because I believe it is pretty large and epic. We'll see.

Wish a Sega Saturn mini even with 20 of his best games

Ryotsu said:
Wish a Sega Saturn mini even with 20 of his best games

That would be amazing!

Around the Network

Classic Sega were pretty meh to me. I'm definitely a fan of modern Sega though!