By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I've got all 4 FIFA games for Switch, am I a bad person? EDIT: now 5

Am I?

Absolutely 43 78.18%

Nay 9 16.36%

FIFA is god-tier 3 5.45%

Total:55
Metallox said:
SecondWar said:

I think you can just about excuse having FIFA 19 due to the addition of the Champions League.

Why you decided to waste your money on 20 and 21, which are not only the same but the subpar so called legacy versions, is beyond me.

For the reasons I stated. Ratings, age of players and kits, plus the introduction of a few players that weren't available in the previous versions. I'm okay with paying 20 dollars for those updates. 

Well, you do you. For me that’s not worth it. I’m surprised you’ve found somewhere where the games are only $20, but if you have at least they’re not charging you full price

Around the Network

EDIT: Ok, God knows what happened. VGChartz's image uploader also hates that I have all FIFA games for Switch. So, yeah, I got FIFA 22 for Switch, and now I have all 5 games.

Last edited by Metallox - on 12 October 2021

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

It seems this year's price cut went directly to the back of the box. The guys at EA only put a super cropped image and the game's characteristics in the most inappropriate fonts possible. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

EDIT: Ok, God knows what happened. VGChartz's image uploader also hates that I have all FIFA games for Switch. So, yeah, I got FIFA 22 for Switch, and now I have all 5 games.

But why? For shits an' giggles?

Are you a bad person? Not on the basis of this. I’d just say you have been royally conned.

I refer you to the Nintendo Life review that points out how the recent releases are all the same bar roster updates, with FIFA 18 essentially being a port of the 7th Gen version of FIFA 17. So you’ve basically bought the Xbox 360 version of FIFA 17 four times.

Last edited by SecondWar - on 13 October 2021

Around the Network

Playing a game and enjoying it doesn't make you a bad person. Also you are not alone, judging by the Fifa 22 switch sales. For a legacy version its still selling OK.

SecondWar said:

with FIFA 18 essentially being a port of the 7th Gen version of FIFA 17. So you’ve basically bought the Xbox 360 version of FIFA 17 four times.

Nope.

SKMBlake said:
SecondWar said:

with FIFA 18 essentially being a port of the 7th Gen version of FIFA 17. So you’ve basically bought the Xbox 360 version of FIFA 17 four times.

Nope.

I’m quoting the Nintendo Life review. I’ve played neither the Xbox 360 version of Fifa 17 or the Switch version of Fifa 22 (although I did briefly play Fifa 19 on Switch) so I can say it from experience but it certainly sounds like an EA thing to do.

Ok, so with all that being said, am I wrong by owning these four games? Should I burn them? Let me know and I'll consider it. 

I just noticed as well that you got the Champions Edition of Fifa 19. ?

Also curious, are you intending to continue this practice and buy FIFA 22 on Switch?