By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Nov 15 to 21 - PS5 Launches in Europe to Record Sales

China Is Nintendo’s Secret Weapon in War With PlayStation, Xbox

Switch China sales analysis/report.

Around the Network

So two days til NPD numbers right, does VGChartz get those on the day and so is a Friday update on the cards?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

mk7sx said:

That's a good article.  I didn't realize that RFA is now available in China along with the 3 original launch games.  I can see RFA really taking off there.

mk7sx said:

Are there any credible numbers from China that can be added to the Globals? More a question directed at @trunkswd 

OTBWY said:
mk7sx said:

Are there any credible numbers from China that can be added to the Globals? More a question directed at @trunkswd 

Not really. The way ioi set up the hardware figures years ago he lumped all of Asia together (minus Japan).

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Wyrdness said:

That helps us a lot. It looks like we are slightly overtracking the Switch in Europe for November (when you add in Black Friday week figures), while we are likely slightly undertracking the PS5. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
OTBWY said:

Not really. The way ioi set up the hardware figures years ago he lumped all of Asia together (minus Japan).

Ah, yes. Russians, Indians, Chinese, Southwest Asians (formerly called Middle Easterners). They have such a unified culture, way of life, religion, and language.

/sarcasm

Dulfite said:
trunkswd said:

Ah, yes. Russians, Indians, Chinese, Southwest Asians (formerly called Middle Easterners). They have such a unified culture, way of life, religion, and language.

/sarcasm

Russia would be part of our "Other Europe" and we have "MEA" for Middle East and Africa. But yeah the rest of Asia is altogether. 

trunkswd said:
Dulfite said:

/sarcasm

Russia would be part of our "Other Europe" and we have "MEA" for Middle East and Africa. But yeah the rest of Asia is altogether. 

I was more speaking about how people lump continents together, not necessarily this game's videogame chart tracking. Russians are part of Asia, as Saudi Arabians, Indians, Chinese, etc. Unlike the other continents which are mostly ethnocentric, Asia is full of variety.