By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia's Foundation to Buy 51% Stake in SNK

CaptainExplosion said:
B6a6es said:

Fighting Games are so big in Saudi/Gulf Countries (especially Tekken)

Unless Saudi’s force some kind of Censorship then I wouldn’t worry much about it

if your worried about shady investments from countries with Human-Rights concerns then you might wanna check out Tencent as well.

I don't buy from Tencent anyway.

Knowing what a dystopian hellhole Saudi Arabia is we can not only see Mai Shiranui in a burka, but SNK games are bound to be filled with propaganda against non-Muslims and Holocaust denial.

Fuck Saudi Arabia.

Those are quite big leaps there. I'm gonna assume you also stay clear from any US made games then. Games made in dystopian hellholes just aren't worth it.

And no, you're not gonna weasel yourself out with "But but but I totally only meant the Saudi elites." Your violent reaction to it makes it pretty apparent what your issue is. Not to mention that a lot of "non-elite" Saudi Arabians follow and embrace their leaders' human rights abuses. As do plenty of Americans.

Last edited by vivster - on 28 November 2020

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Yeah, we knew 2 days ago.
https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/243887/the-crown-prince-of-saudi-arabia-is-now-snks-largest-shareholder/1/

Oil barons like to diversify their investments, and considering how wildly the oil price has varied this year, I can see why they could invest in safer bussinesses.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

vivster said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I don't buy from Tencent anyway.

Knowing what a dystopian hellhole Saudi Arabia is we can not only see Mai Shiranui in a burka, but SNK games are bound to be filled with propaganda against non-Muslims and Holocaust denial.

Fuck Saudi Arabia.

Those are quite big leaps there. I'm gonna assume you also stay clear from any US made games then. Games made in dystopian hellholes just aren't worth it.

And no, you're not gonna weasel yourself out with "But but but I totally only meant the Saudi elites." Your violent reaction to it makes it pretty apparent what your issue is. Not to mention that a lot of "non-elite" Saudi Arabians follow and embrace their leaders' human rights abuses. As do plenty of Americans.

Well then you just made it worse by inferring that the majority of Saudi Arabia is filled with misogynist terrorism lovers, so now we both look racist.

Chances are that SNK got pulled in as part of a bigger purchase and the owner probably doesnt know much or care for the developing team/publisher - likely things will stay the same as they are.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Chances are that SNK got pulled in as part of a bigger purchase and the owner probably doesnt know much or care for the developing team/publisher - likely things will stay the same as they are.

I sincerely doubt it, considering how scummy the Saudi royal family are, and I can't bring myself to buy anymore SNK games when I'd be indirectly financing a war criminal.

Look at what Salman did to Yemeni civilians, AND the very likely chance that the Saudi government financed the perpetrators of 9/11.

This is like Capcom being partly bought out by North Korea.