By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity UPDATE: 3.5M in the first quarter

Tagged games:

Deserving. Now if we can convince them to bring Persona 5 Scramble to the US. That game just felt like a Persona game with ARPG combat.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Wow, that's nuts. I knew it was going to be big but damn. This game is going to outsell a lot of mainline Zeldas.

My sister messaged me about this game, they are for sure going to have a lot of people looking at this who legit think its the next main Zelda entry (as my sister did)

Poor souls... Had no appreciation for the demo unfortunately and I kinda prefer the way that the old HR was distinctly none cannon and just fan service,

Insane numbers, Breath of the Wild really did wonders for the Zelda IP, even a spin-off sells like this.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 24 November 2020

If Nintendo was in the business of acquisitions, I'd say Koei Tecmo would be a pretty decent one, their multi-platform games do pretty well on Switch (when they are on Switch) and Fire Emblem and Age of Calamity and the first Hyrule Warriors (especially when including all three versions) are now going to be some of the companies best selling products ever, by a big margin.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

If Nintendo was in the business of acquisitions, I'd say Koei Tecmo would be a pretty decent one, their multi-platform games do pretty well on Switch (when they are on Switch) and Fire Emblem and Age of Calamity and the first Hyrule Warriors (especially when including all three versions) are now going to be some of the companies best selling products ever, by a big margin.

Nintendo would get the Atelier series, so I understand your reasoning.

That was unironically one of my reasons  

The Switch effect and being tied to Breath of the Wild have certainly done wonders for it. That's an incredible launch for a musou game, but we'll see how the legs hold up.

Wow, they already broke their series record in just 4 days.  They still have the whole holiday season left and this is the main holiday title in a year where the Switch is going to sell around 30m systems.  The guys at Koei Tecmo must be making their "it prints money" memes as we speak.

Seems like the Warriors franchise is still going strong. Quite silly for Atlus to not release P5 Scramble worldwide and use the P5 popularity at their advantage. Im expecting a demon slayer warriors game soon sonce the anime and manga is really popular in Japan.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

This just shows how strong Breath of the Wild is as a brand.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life