By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Redesign Update

On the front page hardware chart, the numbers are too close to each other to be able to tell the actual figures. Is that meant to be this way or is it my browser? I'm using safari and chrome on a Mac.
Thank you for your hard work!

*Edit: It actually happens only in full screen mode. In window mode it displays properly.

Last edited by djs - on 27 November 2020

Around the Network

Now that the PS5 and the XSX have released, they also show up in the platform totals list... just not quite the way they should yet:



Bofferbrauer2 said:

Now that the PS5 and the XSX have released, they also show up in the platform totals list... just not quite the way they should yet:

Thanks. We'll get their names added.



Two quick updates:

  • Weekly Hardware Comparisons graph page (https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php) is now taller and displays ALL current consoles when you hover over them.
  • TalonMan is working on completely overhauling the article comment section, but he made a quick change where replies are shifted over to make them stand out more and make them easier to see.


VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

Two quick updates:

  • Weekly Hardware Comparisons graph page (https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php) is now taller and displays ALL current consoles when you hover over them.
  • TalonMan is working on completely overhauling the article comment section, but he made a quick change where replies are shifted over to make them stand out more and make them easier to see.

The closing parenthesis is messing a little with the link. I changed it above using the option to insert link.



I have periods of social disconnection, it's a part of me that I need and keenly embrace. I'll still log in and read news and threads during those times, but I won't be (very) active on the site, so I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause (late answers, bumps or the like).

Also...

Please, feel free to correct my English.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
TomaTito said:

Looks like this url is broken: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/gamrRewards/

Also every time you log-in it takes you to https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/ instead of refreshing the page you are at. Is this by choice?

I'm not familiar with https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/gamrRewards/ - what are you expecting to see there?

Login isn't supposed to take you to gamrconnect - it's supposed to drop you on whatever page you were on, when you logged in. I did make some recent changes to the login because it was vulnerable to SQL injections (and recently, somebody had been intentionally pounding at it for that very purpose!) - but nothing I changed should have broken the drop-off page. I'll have to take another look at that code...

I think that page is supposed to be the Points Leaderboard page showing the gamrRewards Leaderboard of the month.

I never visit it either, after the site taking me all these times to the Gamrconnect homepage... on mine I have the Leaderboard Points pinned and decided to clic on the view all link that sends you to this gamrRewards url.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Another thing, seems like the country category in the profile is different that what is used elsewhere in the forum.

For example, I updated my profile with the new profile options and as my country I can pick "Spain (España)". But when you go to search and try to filter by countries, only the old "Spain" category is there and you cannot find my profile when using the country filter.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

Another thing, seems like the country category in the profile is different that what is used elsewhere in the forum.

For example, I updated my profile with the new profile options and as my country I can pick "Spain (España)". But when you go to search and try to filter by countries, only the old "Spain" category is there and you cannot find my profile when using the country filter.

The Members page wasn't finished when we rolled out (in fact, that page wasn't even looked at until the very day we were doing the update!) - it was only given a total rush, layout adjustment at the 11th hour just so it didn't look like complete crap after all the other pages had been updated.

Thanks for pointing this out, though - I'll be sure to incude the updated "country select" utility when we do get to this page!!!