By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To celebrate Xbox Series X, I am going to play through the entire GoW franchise for the first time, and in chronological order (Current Game: Gears 5)

I’m on the last checkpoint of the last mission. The game is quite good, but this play through was much more of a chore than when I beat it on PC. Jack does make fights easier since at higher levels he can just spawn you a Boomshot or whatever and a Torque Bow. But it seems all that a higher difficulty setting does is send more waves of enemies at you and make you miss more shots. I don’t mind the increased waves, the gameplay is fun, but when I flank an enemy to setup perfect shots and two or three straight shots with 80%+ hit chance all miss, that’s some bullshit. The side quests get real boring, too.

Game looks and loads amazing on SX, better than my pretty good gaming PC. The last software update seemed to fix Quick Resume, so that helps too. And I’ve been experimenting with different skill builds for the characters, it really changes the battles. I’ll be glad to be done with the Tactics campaign though.

Around the Network

Recently beat Tactics. By far the longest Gears game. A bit padded out but gameplay was solid. Enjoy

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The 1st one will always be the best for me, 2 was good but 3 was meh, never played post 3

I plan on doing the same thing. The only ones I played was 2 and 3 on the 360, but I remember enjoying them a lot. Gamepass has allowed me to catch up on a lot that I missed out on for XBox.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Finished Tactics. RAAM’s Shadow is still $10 lol. Bought it, will play it next as it is set between Tactics and Gears 1.

Around the Network

Finished RAAM’s Shadow. Narrative was decent. Was bad ass playing as RAAM, his krill power was cool. Pretty lame boss fight at the end. I played a bit of Gears UE, it looks great on the SX.

I finished Gears of War 1 last night. Man that game was superb. I liked it a lot more than 4 (which I played and beat last year, was my first GoW game) 1 had such a fantastic atmosphere, that game, has to be one of my favorite games from the 360/PS3/Wii era.

I started Gears of War 2 tonight. Noticed the graphics are a lot more colorful and the music is different, it's not..... horrorish? It's got a lot of orchestra star warsish style music. Seems really cool so far, but I am noot sure it will beat out 1 for me.

我是广州人

Ashadelo said:

I finished Gears of War 1 last night. Man that game was superb. I liked it a lot more than 4 (which I played and beat last year, was my first GoW game) 1 had such a fantastic atmosphere, that game, has to be one of my favorite games from the 360/PS3/Wii era.

I started Gears of War 2 tonight. Noticed the graphics are a lot more colorful and the music is different, it's not..... horrorish? It's got a lot of orchestra star warsish style music. Seems really cool so far, but I am noot sure it will beat out 1 for me.

Yeah it is has a bit of a horrorish theme but before GOW2 everyone was complaining about how dark next gen games were , especially in the Unreal engine so the colour theme (and a ton of characters on screen) were because they wanted to show off the engine.  

BasilZero said:
konnichiwa said:

Yeah it is has a bit of a horrorish theme but before GOW2 everyone was complaining about how dark next gen games were , especially in the Unreal engine so the colour theme (and a ton of characters on screen) were because they wanted to show off the engine.  

Heh, I thought the same too even though I played the Ultimate Edition of 1 - compared to 4 which I played it was dark.

I actually like GOW1 but 4 I liked it for the visuals more than 1 though that isnt a surprise since one is a remaster while the other one came out recently.

Yeah they become more colourfull with each sequel, 5 is the best because you can choose to play it with Gow I-3 filters colour sheme aswell :).

BasilZero said:
konnichiwa said:

Yeah they become more colourfull with each sequel, 5 is the best because you can choose to play it with Gow I-3 filters colour sheme aswell :).

Oh snap, didnt know that. I bought GOW5 recently, planning to play it sometime in the future.

Wish 2, 3 and Judgment were on Windows Store/Xbox Game Pass PC if not the whole series on Steam.

(Bought 5 on Steam).

Played 1 and 4 for the first time earlier this year and enjoyed it.

Yeah you just have to start a New game + (dont need to finish the game before) and you can have insane funny options.

My favourite is replacing gun sounds with voiced gun sounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J__FgNS6wr8&t=44s