By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

Dark Souls?

Dark Souls is a thrd-party title inspired by a first party exclusive. So wrong way around.

That's right.

Around the Network

OK, new hints are needed apparently.

Cast spells at your servants to make them fall down.
Giant monsters vs. giant aliens!

Eat PCB (printed curcuit board).
You play a round red/orange (not yellow!) blob.

This game had for the last three years exactly the same position in my list, now it changed.
This first game in it's series is based on the gameplay of a previous series from the same dev.

#27: Resident Evil: Revelations by S.Peelman
Lost on a creepy ship.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 01 December 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

It's kinda sad (but not surprising) to realize that I own a lot of the games you guys mention but I've never even tried them.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Entering the top 30:

30) The final boss fight in this game is LONG and if you're unlucky (like yours truly) it can heal itself to full health.

29) The offspring of freedom.

28) The MC of this game is many people's favorite in the franchise, but no one would deny that he starts out as a jerk.

Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2021 predictions:

• Switch - 27m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Entering the top 30:

30) The final boss fight in this game is LONG and if you're unlucky (like yours truly) it can heal itself to full health.

28) The MC of this game is many people's favorite in the franchise, but no one would deny that he starts out as a jerk.

#29: Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty

#28: Final Fantasy VII

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 01 December 2020

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Lost on a creepy ship.

Resident Evil Revelations

S.Peelman said:
Mnementh said:

Lost on a creepy ship.

Resident Evil Revelations

Correct!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

S.Peelman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Here are some more clues:

30.  There is a PS4 first party exclusive that is strongly inspired by this third party entry, the first time this franchise went open world.

Dark Souls?

nope.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Here are some more clues:

32.  This game is the first time that this series had a female as the main protagonist.  However, some fans consider this game to have no "main" protagonist since several characters get a lot of attention from the story.

31.  In this entry you have amazing control over the character's main weapon as you fight your way through the home of the greatest villain ever.

30.  There is a PS4 first party exclusive that is strongly inspired by this third party entry, the first time this franchise went open world.

29.  This first entry in the series is based on a classic piece of literature.

30: Bloodborne?

31: God of War?

both incorrect.

Mnementh said:

This game had for the last three years exactly the same position in my list, now it changed.
This first game in it's series is based on the gameplay of a previous series from the same dev.

Lost on a creepy ship.

28.  Demon's Souls?

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Entering the top 30:

30. Final Fantasy 10?
29. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty?
28. Final Fantasy 8?

More Hints:

31. a. In this entry you have amazing control over the character's main weapon as you fight your way through the home of the greatest villain ever.
b. In the NES and SNES entries of this series the character uses an iconic main weapon.  In later entries other weapons are sometimes used.

30. a.  There is a PS4 first party exclusive that is strongly inspired by this third party entry, the first time this franchise went open world.
b. The game I'm looking for originally appeared on the PS2.

29. a. This first entry in the series is based on a classic piece of literature.
b. There is a character in this game that is over three hundred years old and only ever had one true friend.

28. The arcade version of this game is known for it's 2-player co-op, but when it was ported to the NES, it was a single player game.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 01 December 2020

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

Lost on a creepy ship.

28.  Demon's Souls?

Demon Souls doesn't fit my second hint, that would Dark Souls fit (with Demon being the first series from the same dev the gameplay is based on). But either way, it is wrong.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

More Hints:

31. a. In this entry you have amazing control over the character's main weapon as you fight your way through the home of the greatest villain ever.
b. In the NES and SNES entries of this series the character uses an iconic main weapon.  In later entries other weapons are sometimes used.

30. a.  There is a PS4 first party exclusive that is strongly inspired by this third party entry, the first time this franchise went open world.
b. The game I'm looking for originally appeared on the PS2.

29. a. This first entry in the series is based on a classic piece of literature.
b. There is a character in this game that is over three hundred years old and only ever had one true friend.

28. The arcade version of this game is known for it's 2-player co-op, but when it was ported to the NES, it was a single player game.

#30 Tomb Raider Legends (inspiring Uncharted)

#29 Castlevania

#28 I don't know too much about arcade games, but Gauntlet is known for it's multiplayer as I remember