By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

Jpcc86 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

More hints:

25. a) This MMO from a well known franchise managed to pass Everquest in total number of subscribers.  Of course, about a year after the game's North American launch World of Warcraft was released and completely dwarfed it in popularity.
b) Originally, combat in this game revolved around parties performing skillchains together.  After the success of WoW, this game changed a lot of it's mechanics and skillchains became less important.

24.  In this 80's arcade game you can shoot monsters or drop apples on them.

25 - RuneScape? 

24 - Gauntlet?

No to both.

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
Mnementh said:

Eat PCB (printed curcuit board).
You play a round red/orange (not yellow!) blob.
111 levels in this puzzle game.
You need to collect Infotrons and reach the exit without dying.
This game from the 90s is now freeware and an open source reimplementation for modern platforms exists since this year.

I suppose this is Supaplex?

I'll admit I had to google this one, Im personally not familiar with this game. 

Yes, it is.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Crash N.Sane Trilogy is not eligible, right?

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

The_Liquid_Laser said:

More hints:

25. a) This MMO from a well known franchise managed to pass Everquest in total number of subscribers.  Of course, about a year after the game's North American launch World of Warcraft was released and completely dwarfed it in popularity.
b) Originally, combat in this game revolved around parties performing skillchains together.  After the success of WoW, this game changed a lot of it's mechanics and skillchains became less important.

Star Wars Galaxies?

AlbiNecroxz said:

Crash N.Sane Trilogy is not eligible, right?

No, because it's not a game in itself; it's a collection of three games. Every one of the three Crash games obviously are eligible, so hypothetically you could include all three Crash games instead.

Around the Network

I can't edit posts, whenever I click Submit it seems to refresh the page with nothing edits saved... Anyone having this problem? It seems only for the post on the Official Thread, weird

AlbiNecroxz said:

I can't edit posts, whenever I click Submit it seems to refresh the page with nothing edits saved... Anyone having this problem? It seems only for the post on the Official Thread, weird

Same here, and only since today, I edited my post yesterday.

EDIT: And here it works, also only my official post.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 04 December 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

For me it's still blocked ):

AlbiNecroxz said:
Mnementh said:

For me it's still blocked ):

Yeah, I meant I cannot edit my official post, but can edit here.

S.Peelman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

More hints:

Star Wars Galaxies?

nope.

Here are some more hints:

c) Races in this game include Elvaan, Mithra, Galka, Tarutaru, and Hume.

24.  a) In this 80's arcade game you can shoot monsters or drop apples on them.
b) This is the first of several arcade games developed by Universal using this same character.  You dig through dirt like Dig Dug, but you drop apples on the enemies instead of rocks.

23. This is the first of several games in a series where you develop your own theme park.