By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

Darashiva said:

I have four new games on my list this year, which also means that four games fell out of it. So, before I start with the hints for my first few games, here are the games that:didn't quite make it in this year.

-Assassin's Creed II (Still the best game I've played in the series, though to be fair ACIII is the last one I've played.)

-Soul Calibur 2 (My favourite game in my second favourite fighting game series)

-To the Moon (One of my favourite video game stories of all time)

-Nier (Dropped off because of its sequel, which I suppose is quite fitting. Still love it due to its amazing story, wonderful characters, and exceptional soundtrack.)

Anyway, here are the first hints for the bottom five games on my top 50:

#50-Court Jester turns a kingdom to stone and curses its royalty

#49-Potato

#48-Kirov Reporting

#47-Introducing the Mega Buster

#46-The main characters last name is the first word in the game's titleAnyway, here

#47: Mega Man 4

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Darashiva said:

I have four new games on my list this year, which also means that four games fell out of it. So, before I start with the hints for my first few games, here are the games that:didn't quite make it in this year.

-Assassin's Creed II (Still the best game I've played in the series, though to be fair ACIII is the last one I've played.)

-Soul Calibur 2 (My favourite game in my second favourite fighting game series)

-To the Moon (One of my favourite video game stories of all time)

-Nier (Dropped off because of its sequel, which I suppose is quite fitting. Still love it due to its amazing story, wonderful characters, and exceptional soundtrack.)

Anyway, here are the first hints for the bottom five games on my top 50:

#50-Court Jester turns a kingdom to stone and curses its royalty

#49-Potato

#48-Kirov Reporting

#47-Introducing the Mega Buster

#46-The main characters last name is the first word in the game's titleAnyway, here

#47: Mega Man 4

Correct.

I feel like I need to redo my whole list from scratch.

Need...to find...the...time....

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 11 November 2020

mZuzek said:

Gonna drop my first hint, making it kinda obscure because I don't want this guessed too soon. It's still not November 12th.

#50 - It has sandworms.

Dune (1992)

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

i wonder if the movie is pushing people towards other media in/of that universe

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Gonna drop my first hint, making it kinda obscure because I don't want this guessed too soon. It's still not November 12th.

#50 - It has sandworms.

Many Final Fantasy games. So maybe Final Fantasy X.

Signature goes here!

Darashiva said:

#48-Kirov Reporting

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2

S.Peelman said:
Darashiva said:

#48-Kirov Reporting

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2

That's the one.

Okay so I'll be doing blocks of five, because last year I was struggling to keep up. Maybe if we're at the top 10 I'll do it daily, or whenever, we'll see. The first batch isn't very interesting anyway. These are games that don't necessarily belong on this list, but they were extremely important to my development in the world of gaming. Needless to say, I wouldn't have been here without any of these five. There's two more, but they actually do belong on this list and they come later.

#50: Due to the graphics being up to anyone's imagination with these old games, the European box art made it as if we'd be in the Wild West, while the American thought it was the start of the next century. If you're Veknoid, you've guessed this plenty of years already.

#49: Something happens during half time in this old sports game that doesn't happen in real life on the continent where this sport is most popular. I guess Nintendo didn't know.

#48: This game is extremely obscure, but is, unknown to me at the time, a clone of an NES game where a sorcerer, the player, creates blocks to solve puzzles. I'll take the NES game as an answer.

#47: Features a character you just want to shoot.

#46: You are called a rookie because you're a new pilot, which strangely is also your name, even though you've already had an adventure.

S.Peelman said:

#48: This game is extremely obscure, but is, unknown to me at the time, a clone of an NES game where a sorcerer, the player, creates blocks to solve puzzles. I'll take the NES game as an answer.

I take a guess at this one. In Trine you have a sorcerer that creates blocks to solve puzzles. That game apparently takes inspiration from the Lost Vikings.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]