By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - The Discussion Thread

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:

#48: This game is extremely obscure, but is, unknown to me at the time, a clone of an NES game where a sorcerer, the player, creates blocks to solve puzzles. I'll take the NES game as an answer.

I take a guess at this one. In Trine you have a sorcerer that creates blocks to solve puzzles. That game apparently takes inspiration from the Lost Vikings.

Nah that's an SNES game.

Around the Network

@s.peelman 47 : SWE1: jedi power battles ?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Hint #50: V not for Vendetta.

Signature goes here!

S.Peelman said:

Okay so I'll be doing blocks of five, because last year I was struggling to keep up. Maybe if we're at the top 10 I'll do it daily, or whenever, we'll see. The first batch isn't very interesting anyway. These are games that don't necessarily belong on this list, but they were extremely important to my development in the world of gaming. Needless to say, I wouldn't have been here without any of these five. There's two more, but they actually do belong on this list and they come later.

#50: Due to the graphics being up to anyone's imagination with these old games, the European box art made it as if we'd be in the Wild West, while the American thought it was the start of the next century. If you're Veknoid, you've guessed this plenty of years already.

#49: Something happens during half time in this old sports game that doesn't happen in real life on the continent where this sport is most popular. I guess Nintendo didn't know.

#48: This game is extremely obscure, but is, unknown to me at the time, a clone of an NES game where a sorcerer, the player, creates blocks to solve puzzles. I'll take the NES game as an answer.

#47: Features a character you just want to shoot.

#46: You are called a rookie because you're a new pilot, which strangely is also your name, even though you've already had an adventure.

#48 Not sure what the clone is, the NES game is probably Solomon's Key.

#47 Duck Hunt?

More hints:

Play the cards and roll the dice!
The dev is now owned by Microsoft.

Sally looks for Emily.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
@s.peelman 47 : SWE1: jedi power battles ?

That is a fun game, and every once in a while I feel like I should include that on my list. But it's not. The hint was more literal; Darashiva had it right.

Darashiva said:

#48 Not sure what the clone is, the NES game is probably Solomon's Key.

#47 Duck Hunt?

Both correct!

The clone is a game called Step-On-It, where the sorcerer is replaced by a robot and the enemies replaced by puppets and the like. It was made by a company that used to only make productivity apps for Mac. It's important to me because it was one of the first computer games I played, and my introduction to the puzzle/platform genre.

I think Duck Hunt speaks for itself.

I'll add another hint for these games.

-Court Jester turns a kingdom to stone and curses its royalty

-This was the first game in the series that was officially released in Europe

-Potato

-There's science to be done, again

-The main characters last name is the first word in the game's title.

-The second word in the title is what the Milky Way is.

Darashiva said:

Oh wait, is this Legend of Kyrandia?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
Darashiva said:

Oh wait, is this Legend of Kyrandia?

No, I've never actually played that. The first hint does fit quite well there though.

More hints:

Play the cards and roll the dice!
The dev is now owned by Microsoft.
A pen&paper RPG converted to a card game as a video game.

Sally looks for Emily.
A nightmare.

Beat that dragon with the help of your circular companion.