By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

 

How do you like the new look and functionality of VGChartz?

It's notably better than before 98 11.06%
 
It's slightly better than before 237 26.75%
 
It's about the same as before 80 9.03%
 
It's slightly worse than before 192 21.67%
 
It's notably worse than before 257 29.01%
 
Didn't even notice a change 22 2.48%
 
Total:886
Dulfite said:
TalonMan said:
Dulfite said:

Regarding my point (since I don't know how to eliminate the other responses in this one message lol), couldn't we add some feature to the main page that is like "rate games here" button? Could be "What are you playing? Rate here!"

When people have to dig into their profile page to find this, that is probably why we don't have many using it or maybe even knowing it exists, you know?

Now this is an excellent idea! Maybe not exactly as you've described it, but very close - need a way to bring attention and draw people directly to the functionality, rather than "dig" around aimlessly...   I will think on this some more - thank you!

Glad you liked it! I really would enjoy this community giving more input on games liked so we could kind of get a feel for what types of games are well respected out of this sites users and which games aren't and seeing how that compares with places like Opencritic.

This is also the kind of stuff that I can envision @Ryuu96 to come up with more of his pie chart ideas - showing community breakdowns for games, genres, etc. Right, Ryuu?



Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Dulfite said:
TalonMan said:
Dulfite said:

Regarding my point (since I don't know how to eliminate the other responses in this one message lol), couldn't we add some feature to the main page that is like "rate games here" button? Could be "What are you playing? Rate here!"

When people have to dig into their profile page to find this, that is probably why we don't have many using it or maybe even knowing it exists, you know?

Now this is an excellent idea! Maybe not exactly as you've described it, but very close - need a way to bring attention and draw people directly to the functionality, rather than "dig" around aimlessly...   I will think on this some more - thank you!

Glad you liked it! I really would enjoy this community giving more input on games liked so we could kind of get a feel for what types of games are well respected out of this sites users and which games aren't and seeing how that compares with places like Opencritic.

This is also the kind of stuff that I can envision @Ryuu96 to come up with more of his pie chart ideas - showing community breakdowns for games, genres, etc. Right, Ryuu?

Yeah, I'm sure we can do community breakdown stats too for those things alongside individual breakdowns, I imagine the only issue is thinking of a place where to put them? The data would be easy enough to pull?

Community Stats or something, only complication is where to place it so it's noticeable, VGChartz has a lot of stuff which leads some stuff being unnoticed.



TalonMan said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
TalonMan said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I find the new forum index worse than the old one (and dunno if it's due to my browser, but I can't even reach all the tabs - most notably not the sales tab) and it looks a bit like everything and the kitchen sink got cramped into it, but apart from that I like the design.

 a) Screenshot of forum index?

a) Probably explained myself badly. So here:

It jumps directly from the above to the below with one click on the arrow, leaving out all the possible choices in between

 - To be honest, I don't think I've ever used those arrows to scroll the tabs - I haven't owned a mouse without a scrollwheel since the 90s, and so by instinct and habit, I have always scrolled that area with my wheel (and when I visit on mobile it's even easier to work with, as you can slide it with your finger. I'm sure I can adjust the sensitibity of those arrows so they don't scroll so far - maybe even change it to a hover so that it scrolls only while you are mousing over the arrow.

Huh, didn't know you could hover over it and then use the mousewheel to move it around. Well, that certainly helps a lot already, just needed to know about this functionality.

On the old design, you had a couple more choices available, like sales discussion or PC discussion, and I used those all the time. While I can understand not to include the subforums as a standard, would it be possible to add a possibility to personalize the tabs with the addition of those subforums if one prefers to?



I’m a little surprised about people being confused. I’m not saying they’re lying, only that to me it looks very straight forward and well organized. Charts are on the left, featured stories in the top middle, and other stories are down below clearly marked with badges. And on the right you have the forum, polls, and such.The site works WAY better on mobile and seems to load way faster. The previous issue with stuff randomly jumping around is gone. It’s a giant improvement IMO. I haven’t even tested dark mode yet.

If I had one request, it would be a delete post button. Once in a while I hit this strange lag (my VPN, not this site) and it’ll post multiple times.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 17 November 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Delete post, triple post



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Ran into lag (need a new VPN). Delete this post.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
TalonMan said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
TalonMan said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I find the new forum index worse than the old one (and dunno if it's due to my browser, but I can't even reach all the tabs - most notably not the sales tab) and it looks a bit like everything and the kitchen sink got cramped into it, but apart from that I like the design.

 a) Screenshot of forum index?

a) Probably explained myself badly. So here:

It jumps directly from the above to the below with one click on the arrow, leaving out all the possible choices in between

 - To be honest, I don't think I've ever used those arrows to scroll the tabs - I haven't owned a mouse without a scrollwheel since the 90s, and so by instinct and habit, I have always scrolled that area with my wheel (and when I visit on mobile it's even easier to work with, as you can slide it with your finger. I'm sure I can adjust the sensitibity of those arrows so they don't scroll so far - maybe even change it to a hover so that it scrolls only while you are mousing over the arrow.

Huh, didn't know you could hover over it and then use the mousewheel to move it around. Well, that certainly helps a lot already, just needed to know about this functionality.

On the old design, you had a couple more choices available, like sales discussion or PC discussion, and I used those all the time. While I can understand not to include the subforums as a standard, would it be possible to add a possibility to personalize the tabs with the addition of those subforums if one prefers to?

This is the stuff that, as a developer, it almost impossible to resolve - for me, it was second nature to simply scroll with the mouse wheel - for others, they have no idea it's possible until you tell them. And that's not meant as an "I'm smarter than you" comment - it comes from the fact that I built the darn thing, so of COURSE I knew the mouse wheel works!!!! I just don't know of an easy way to make it obvious to everyone else... 

...making that customizable, shouldn't be too hard - I'll have to think on it a bit. Perhaps @Ryuu96 can add it to the list!



I've been quoted here by don't know by who and whenI guess it would be tempting to add it as an issue :p



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

I'm shocked it has 883 votesHow many lurkers we have on this forum



IcaroRibeiro said:
I'm shocked it has 883 votesHow many lurkers we have on this forum

People could vote in this poll from the frontpage.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments