By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega Sammy asks 650 employees to voluntarily resign by February 2021, expecting huge financial losses

(Insert Xbox fan request that MS look down upon a weakened Sega and pounce on the opportunity)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Leynos said:
shikamaru317 said:

If ever Microsoft was going to make an actual play for success in Japan, now would be the time to do it. Sega stock is about to be much cheaper, and a Sega acquisition would be perfect for them, not only giving them Japanese IP's and developers to release on Xbox Series/PC/xCloud, but Sega also owns several western PC developers whose games could be used to push Gamepass PC.

No, and stop asking for this. It's not going to happen nor should it.

Why not? It could very well happen if MS was determined enough, Sega is hurting enough, and if the price is right.

As for the bold I’m curious what the emotional reasoning behind your post is. Surely any real Sega fan back in the day would be happy they get a second chance to take down the company that ran them out of the console business. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Signalstar said:
d21lewis said:
In the 2000s, rapper Nas (whom I love) battled his rival, Jay Z for the crown of best rapper. At one point, Nas wound up working with Jay Z after their rivalry ended. Eventually, Jay Z became a billionaire and married Beyonce. Meanwhile Nas (despite a net worth of $80m) is often in great debt. At one point, they were considered equals.

Nintendo is Jay Z meanwhile Sega is Nas.

This is the blackest thing you have ever posted on this site.

As a fellow black man I fully get it.

Fo shizzle.

Well, I DID vote for Biden. Imagine the consequences if I didn't!

Twitter: @d21lewis