By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Johnny Depp asked to resign from Fantastic Beasts series after court loss, #3 delayed

KManX89 said:

Kotaku now simping for Amber:

They mimmicked in no uncertain terms Amber's words of the US verdict setting back women and scaring victims from coming forward with abuse claims (whatever the hell that means, many male victims have since come forward since they no longer have to fear doing so). 

They even brought up the UK verdict, ugh. Almost like there's a massive difference between a sane jury of your peers unanimously finding for you as opposed to this:

Kotaku has been awful for a very long time. 

Around the Network

Well, that's just not true, Kotaku. I assure you, we learned quite clearly not to trust the media.

Just goes to show you that the abuser isn't always a man. Women can be just as awful.

Kotaku will write any garbage just for the clicks. All morals and common sense go out of the window there.

Kakadu18 said:

Kotaku will write any garbage just for the clicks. All morals and common sense go out of the window there.

You say as if they had any for a start....

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Kakadu18 said:

You say as if they had any for a start....

They don't even know what morals or common sense are.

People are beginning to learn that harassment and abuse aren't primarily driven by gender, sexuality, or political inclination. The key factor is power and the confidence that the abuser is in a secure position.

For instance, this interesting case: "IGDA Women in Games Special Interest Group chair and IGDA Foundation Next Gen Leaders alumna Jennifer Scheurle stepped down from her position at the IGDA of her own accord following accusations of manipulation, harassment and emotional abuse."

What makes his case stand out isn't just that the accused is female or that she is an activist who supports the "believe all women" mantra, it's also important because the IGDA attempted to completely bury the allegations.  In short, some of the loudest critics of toxic behavior in the gaming community are now accused of the very same things.

This is what happens when people reach a position where they are confident they can do what they want without meaningful repercussions.

What we are starting to see now, with regards to the MeToo movement, is that some women believe that simply being female gives them that power--and in some cases, they're right.  One of the co-workers that harassed me actually said, "we're female, all we have to do is cry and they'll believe us."  She was secure in the power she held so she felt free to act on it.

The media is also an important factor in all this, as they clearly pick who they target and who they support based on their own agenda.  Individuals as prominent as Jennifer Scheurle being accused, along with the subsequent allegations of a cover-up, should probably equate to a big deal but it doesn't look like the publications who make the most noise about "cleaning up the industry" have given this the coverage you might imagine.  I think it's obvious that sites like Kotaku and Polygon believe the continuation of their agenda is more important than the truth.  They will knowingly enable abuse and harassment in situations where fighting against it compromises their political position.  For all their smug righteousness, they're no better than the people they claim to work against.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason this came to light at all was that her accuser was female.  Otherwise, she'd still be untouchable.  Not that all that much damage has been done--she doesn't seem to have been "Cancelled" or especially hurt by the allegations, amazingly enough.

ANYONE can be a victim, ANYONE can be an abuser.  Those who claim to be on the side of the victim but are ONLY on the side of the victim when it's politically convenient are complete hypocrites.  

pokoko said:

People are beginning to learn that harassment and abuse aren't primarily driven by gender, sexuality, or political inclination. The key factor is power and the confidence that the abuser is in a secure position.

For instance, this interesting case: "IGDA Women in Games Special Interest Group chair and IGDA Foundation Next Gen Leaders alumna Jennifer Scheurle stepped down from her position at the IGDA of her own accord following accusations of manipulation, harassment and emotional abuse."

What makes his case stand out isn't just that the accused is female or that she is an activist who supports the "believe all women" mantra, it's also important because the IGDA attempted to completely bury the allegations.  In short, some of the loudest critics of toxic behavior in the gaming community are now accused of the very same things.

This is what happens when people reach a position where they are confident they can do what they want without meaningful repercussions.

What we are starting to see now, with regards to the MeToo movement, is that some women believe that simply being female gives them that power--and in some cases, they're right.  One of the co-workers that harassed me actually said, "we're female, all we have to do is cry and they'll believe us."  She was secure in the power she held so she felt free to act on it.

The media is also an important factor in all this, as they clearly pick who they target and who they support based on their own agenda.  Individuals as prominent as Jennifer Scheurle being accused, along with the subsequent allegations of a cover-up, should probably equate to a big deal but it doesn't look like the publications who make the most noise about "cleaning up the industry" have given this the coverage you might imagine.  I think it's obvious that sites like Kotaku and Polygon believe the continuation of their agenda is more important than the truth.  They will knowingly enable abuse and harassment in situations where fighting against it compromises their political position.  For all their smug righteousness, they're no better than the people they claim to work against.

I'm pretty sure that the only reason this came to light at all was that her accuser was female.  Otherwise, she'd still be untouchable.  Not that all that much damage has been done--she doesn't seem to have been "Cancelled" or especially hurt by the allegations, amazingly enough.

ANYONE can be a victim, ANYONE can be an abuser.  Those who claim to be on the side of the victim but are ONLY on the side of the victim when it's politically convenient are complete hypocrites.  

I would say that the people with the smug righteousness is actually worse than the imaginary people they are fighting against. Because first there isn't actually that much that still think like these groups try to portray, and the ones that think are actually ostracized and viewed as wrong almost universally, second these groups have support and power plus control of media to push their narrative. To make it all worse they are so extreme and biased that it is cracking out their shinning armor and more and more people are starting to negate what they say or the cases involving this type of talk even when it is actually right.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

pokoko said:

The media is also an important factor in all this, as they clearly pick who they target and who they support based on their own agenda.  Individuals as prominent as Jennifer Scheurle being accused, along with the subsequent allegations of a cover-up, should probably equate to a big deal but it doesn't look like the publications who make the most noise about "cleaning up the industry" have given this the coverage you might imagine.  I think it's obvious that sites like Kotaku and Polygohttps://thedirect.com/article/marvel-christian-bale-joiningn believe the continuation of their agenda is more important than the truth.  They will knowingly enable abuse and harassment in situations where fighting against it compromises their political position.  For all their smug righteousness, they're no better than the people they claim to work against.

There really isn't anything political about this, or at least there shouldn't be. If anything, those claiming to be fighting for equality should be siding with Johnny because, as I, his lawyers and so many others have said, imagine if Johnny were the one saying "I didn't punch you, I was hitting you, grow up you fucking baby". Oh God, could you imagine the vitriol if it were JD saying that shit to Amber? Virtually everyone who still believes a word Amber says would be foaming at the mouth shouting all kinds of obscenities at JD, yet we have that and plenty more from Amber, including her doctoring photos, faking bruises, admitting to cutting his finger off and lying about donating to two charities with a story that doesn't remotely add up to boot and some people still want to take her side simply because she's a woman, unreal.

And no, I don't hate women (I've got one in my sig and avatar), I hate narcissists, and that's exactly what she is.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 02 July 2022

KManX89 said:
pokoko said:

The media is also an important factor in all this, as they clearly pick who they target and who they support based on their own agenda.  Individuals as prominent as Jennifer Scheurle being accused, along with the subsequent allegations of a cover-up, should probably equate to a big deal but it doesn't look like the publications who make the most noise about "cleaning up the industry" have given this the coverage you might imagine.  I think it's obvious that sites like Kotaku and Polygohttps://thedirect.com/article/marvel-christian-bale-joiningn believe the continuation of their agenda is more important than the truth.  They will knowingly enable abuse and harassment in situations where fighting against it compromises their political position.  For all their smug righteousness, they're no better than the people they claim to work against.

There really isn't anything political about this, or at least there shouldn't be. If anything, those claiming to be fighting for equality should be siding with Johnny because, as I, his lawyers and so many others have said, imagine if Johnny were the one saying "I didn't punch you, I was hitting you, grow up you fucking baby". Oh God, could you imagine the vitriol if it were JD saying that shit to Amber? Virtually everyone who still believes a word Amber says would be foaming at the mouth shouting all kinds of obscenities at JD, yet we have that and plenty more from Amber, including her doctoring photos, faking bruises, admitting to cutting his finger off and lying about donating to two charities with a story that doesn't remotely add up to boot and some people still want to take her side simply because she's a woman, unreal.

And no, I don't hate women (I've got one in my sig and avatar), I hate narcissists, and that's exactly what she is.

One thing that I hadn't seem in any comments or videos summary... have you seem the rebult of her claim of JD not being able to look her in the eye (alluding for his guilty over abusing her), then lawyer put record from the conversation that she is asking him to look at her, embrace her, etc and he replying that they won't ever see one another in the eye because she put the difamatory lies on paper?