By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cloud gaming on the Switch is amazing

SKMBlake said:
JWeinCom said:

Not really weird. That's just how streaming is. Results will vary. And even speed isn't the end all be all. Some networks play nicer with streaming services for some reason. 

I was using PSNow at my uncle's house (he let me stay there when the pandemic was at its worst in NY) and it was unplayably laggy. At my house, where the internet is way slower, it ran better. Just how it is sometimes.

I couldn't play PS Now either, it was way too terrible in my new appartment, and was using it through my PS4 on wifi. And GeForce Now was meh-ish. I won't even bother mentioning Stadia.

So I said weird cause the solution offered by Nintendo seems pretty different from what I saw with other streaming services.

But other people have told me that their experience with PSNow is virtually lagless. 

Streaming is just kind of inconsistent. Not weird imo.

Around the Network

Glad to know it's amazing on Switch. I bought it for XBO X and it was just okay.

My opinion, of course. It won goty in a couple places.

What's your speed? I wonder if my 90mbps are enough to handle it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

You can actually try it for yourself for free. I think there's a small download and it it works well, you can buy it.

d21lewis said:
Metallox said:

You can actually try it for yourself for free. I think there's a small download and it it works well, you can buy it.

Is it possible to play multiple times? Or is it just the 10 minutes and is it over?

Around the Network

Cloud gaming will definitely increase the life span of the Switch. Nice feature to have.

d21lewis said:
Metallox said:

I could do so but I'm lazy. Maybe one day. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

10-15mbps

Hiku said:
SKMBlake said:

The Cloud is handled by Ubitus, a Taiwanese (?) company - https://www.ubitus.net/en/ugamecloud.html

I was curious about this, and especially which company handled the cloud streaming, so it's nice to hear impressions on this.

This Ubitus company built its cloud tech on Nvidia's Geforce cloud tech many years ago and it's pretty full circle right now...

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2013/07/12/ubitus/

SKMBlake said:
Metallox said:

10-15mbps

I know I get like 30-40Mbps and it ran great for me as well!

It may not be a consistent for everyone, but it's been one of the better cloud experiences that I've had and it was really unexpected.