By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cloud gaming on the Switch is amazing

EDIT: Control Ultimate Edition is available on the Nintendo Switch through cloud.

Best cloud experience I ever had so far. I believe this is the new future for Nintendo.

EDIT (2): Okay so far, these are the games I've tried so far:

- Control

- Hitman 3

- The Forgotten City

- Guardians of the Galaxy

And besides Hitman 3 would be sometimes quite buggy, the other games ran and played just fine.

Control remains the best of all games I've tried, the Forgotten City and Guardians of Galaxy being a close second.

Last edited by AJNShelton - on 19 December 2021

Around the Network

Yeah, its pretty impressive. Its pretty much the only way the Switch can get next gen AAA games, so hopefully its at least profitable for developers who make the effort.

Mar1217 said:
My medium internet doesn't worth such hassle I think, even then I heard mixed-up experiences with how the game runs on cloud so far.

It's good to see that you've got a pretty neat experience though.

I have a low-end internet connection and ran just fine. You should def give it a try (it's free)

Nice that you had a nice experience, people here are overly pessimistic about cloud gaming

IcaroRibeiro said:
Nice that you had a nice experience, people here are overly pessimistic about cloud gaming

Well based on my previous experiences, I was too. And wasn't expecting to have my best cloud gaming experience on the Switch with a game full of ray tracing

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
SKMBlake said:

I have a low-end internet connection and ran just fine. You should def give it a try (it's free)

Too ocupied with Age of Calamity, even then, it's just a 10 min. demo ... There really isn't much you can do to get a feel for the game with such a short amount of time.

If you skip all the cutscenes, you can play freely until 25min of this video https://youtu.be/1f04lNyn4y0

I took the plunge and I am so impressed. Its been very smooth so far with only one minor stutter in 4 hours of gameplay. Controls are tight and responsive, 60fps and Ray tracing thrown in for good measure is the icing on the cake. Performance mode is the way to go, I tried the graphics mode too but found it heavy on the motion blur. Also it looks superb in both docked and handheld. I know some will scoff at cloud gaming, but it's saved me a good chunk of memory on my SD card as the application to run it is only about 80mb

I had a different experience. For me it ran pretty well, but there was definitely some stuttering here and there. It didn't run quite as well as games run on a PS4 or XBone.

It was still perfectly playable, and I'm interested in how this works out, since I'm not planning on buying a next gen console right away, and this could be a good solution until I do.

JWeinCom said:
I had a different experience. For me it ran pretty well, but there was definitely some stuttering here and there. It didn't run quite as well as games run on a PS4 or XBone.

It was still perfectly playable, and I'm interested in how this works out, since I'm not planning on buying a next gen console right away, and this could be a good solution until I do.

Which mode did you play ? Cause mostly people want to play graphics mode first, which is not a good choice

SKMBlake said:

Best cloud experience I ever had so far. I believe this is the new future for Nintendo.

The future of nintendo is to not own your games, physically or digitally, but to stream them to your device?

You sure about that?