By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 11th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

Jaicee said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

That's pretty similar to my list, though I do have a lot of retrogames in my list to spice it up a bit.

It's just taking more and more over time not to displace older games beyond the rank of #50. Only my absolute favorites from the old days survive the culling at this point. However, one game from 1995 still ranks among my top 10 favorites, although it's a pretty obscure title with a lot of personal value attached that influences its ability to stay there. Namely, it was a birthday gift from my first girlfriend, who's family moved away shortly thereafter. We played it together a lot during the brief interval in-between and it always reminds me of her. ...I get sentimental that way.

I got a tear in my eye when reading that. Never was in a relationship with somebody who was playing any videogames, and I got really happy for you to have been able to bond like that even though you only had little time for it.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
I'm in.
Feels like it was 4-5 months ago that I posted in the previous one.

There are gone 3 months since - and a pandemic.

Anyways, last year we had 82 participants, and we are a long way away. Next year games from PS5 and XBSX will fill the lists, so this year is your last chance to present the current gems!

And so I call onto some of last years participants, that aren't here yet: @Scoobes @outlawauron @Kresnik @green_sky @Iveyboi @NobleTeam360 @Moren @sethnintendo 

OK, enough shoutouts for this moment.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Jaicee said:

It's just taking more and more over time not to displace older games beyond the rank of #50. Only my absolute favorites from the old days survive the culling at this point. However, one game from 1995 still ranks among my top 10 favorites, although it's a pretty obscure title with a lot of personal value attached that influences its ability to stay there. Namely, it was a birthday gift from my first girlfriend, who's family moved away shortly thereafter. We played it together a lot during the brief interval in-between and it always reminds me of her. ...I get sentimental that way.

I got a tear in my eye when reading that. Never was in a relationship with somebody who was playing any videogames, and I got really happy for you to have been able to bond like that even though you only had little time for it.

She was the only other girl I had met up to that point who wanted to play video games when guys weren't around, so I think I kinda get what you mean. Anyway, it definitely wasn't the only game we played together by a long shot, but it was the one that she gave me and she said it reminded her of us, so for me it's like a capsule version of her take on our relationship on a certain level. (It's also a clever and pretty unique game in its own right.)

I'm in.

Hiku said:
I'm in.
Feels like it was 4-5 months ago that I posted in the previous one.

Last year feels like a decade ago to me!

Around the Network

I am in. Join join join.

I completely missed this. I'm in for this year as well.

Hi, I'm in. Got my list already done.

I’ll take part

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Count me in!