By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sign-up for the 11th Annual Greatest Games Event here!

Click here for the Official Thread
Click here for the Discussion Thread

Hello good folks of VGChartz! We're nearing the end of the year... crazy, isn't it? Despite all the bad stuff 2020 brought upon us, it feels like the year has flown by faster than any other - well, to me at least it does, I still feel like it's March. It's been crazy times, quite negatively so for a lot of us, but the last couple months of a year are always a good time here at VGC and this year will be no different.

Most of you know the drill. Starting on November 12th, there are 50 days left in the calendar year, and we all gather to count down our 50 favorite ever games! For the new people here, yes, that means making a ranking of 50 games, which can be daunting at first, but believe me, it's worth the effort - and when you've been at it for a few years, you'll notice how you're no longer struggling to find 50 games to list, but rather struggling to fit only 50!

As always, I gotta give the shout-outs to @Smeags for creating this wonderful tradition, and to @Leadified, who was our previous host. This event wouldn't be here today without them, and we'll be having a special celebration this year in commemoration of the event's 10 year anniversary (!!). More on that later, however, because this here thread is all about the 2020 event!

So, here we are - sign-ups are live! All you gotta do is post here saying you want to enter, and you're in. I'll be accepting sign-ups until sometime in December, but you'll experience the event at its best if you join before November 12th and participate regularly - those 50 festive days are what make this event special, after all!

Last edited by mZuzek - on 10 November 2020

Around the Network

I've streamlined the rules a bit this year, but if you've participated in this before, it's still mostly the same as it's been in the past. If this is your first time, though, please do give them a read!

Basic rules:

The Official thread and the Discussion thread were posted on November 10th.

• In the Official thread, you will ONLY POST ONCE. All other posts should be in the Discussion thread, and your ONE post in the Official thread shall be edited to update your list accordingly.

• Starting on November 12th, you will begin to post your top 50 ever games, one each day:
       • On November 12th, you will post your 50th favorite game.
       • On November 13th, you will post your 49th favorite game.
       • This will continue until December 31st, when you will post your #1 game of all time.

• If this sounds a bit too daunting, you don't need to come here every day, of course! It's totally fine if you have to miss out on a few days. If that happens, just do some catching up and update your list up to the point everyone else's gotten to.

• If you just want to post your top 50 straight away without taking part in the daily interactions, that's okay too, but only if you post the list on the Official thread or message it to me directly. If you post it anywhere else, it won't be accepted.

What games can you pick?

• You can pick any game for any system. It doesn't matter if it's a mobile game, single-player or multiplayer, free-to-play, everything is allowed! ...With a few exceptions, explained below:

• Games that release after October 31st, 2020 will not be allowed.
       • This means no Cyberpunk 2077, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Demon's Souls remake, and so on.
       • This also means you're not allowed to list any game exclusively for PS5 and/or Xbox Series X/S. However, you can list a game for these platforms if you've also played it on a different system before (just don't lie!).

• Game collections/compilations are also not allowed.
       • This means you can't list something like Super Mario 3D All-Stars, and instead should list each of the games in it separately.

• Fanmade games are allowed, but mods aren't.

• Expansions, DLCs, or anything of the sort will be included with their base game, so you can't list those separately.

• Remakes, remasters, definitive editions, or anything of the sort should also not be listed separately from their original release.
       • However, certain remakes that differ from the original considerably are allowed. This includes, for example, Final Fantasy VII Remake, the Resident Evil remakes and the Metroid remakes. Meanwhile, the Pokémon remakes, Zelda remakes and many more, aren't considered separate games. This works on a game-by-game basis - if you're unsure about a specific title, ask me!

Things you should do:

• Please include the platforms you've played each game on (and only those you've played on!). Even if it is an exclusive, list the platform, it helps me out a lot!

• Reboots often have the same names as their originals. If you have one such game on your list, please specify whether it is the reboot or the original, or add information on the release year.

• For your ONE POST in the Official thread, please don't include images or descriptions. Keep your list clean and to the point - if you want to show images or talk about your favorite games at length, the Discussion thread is the place for that.

• Whenever you finish your list, please send it to me via PM as soon as possible! The earlier I have it, the earlier I can start working on the results thread.

• If you change your mind halfway through, it's okay to make alterations to your list, as long as you make them BEFORE December 31st.
       • However, if you sent me your list via PM, please message me again with the new alterations, otherwise I'll be using the outdated list.

If you have any additional questions, send me a message, post on my wall, or mention me in a post. I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

Links to the past:

2010: Sign-Ups / Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2011: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2012: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2013: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2014: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2015: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2016: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2017: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2018: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2019: Sign-Ups | Official Thread | Discussion Thread | Results Thread
2010-2019 Decade Celebration!!

Last edited by mZuzek - on 10 November 2020

Here's the list of our entrants so far:

1. TruckOSaurus
  2. mZuzek
  3. ARamdomGamer
  4. Veknoid_Outcast
  5. Raven
  6. axumblade
  7. Flilix
  8. forest-spirit
  9. The_Liquid_Laser
  10. Jpcc86
  11. Darashiva
  12. Machina
  13. super_etecoon
  14. Platina
  15. Bofferbrauer2
  16. Ultrashroomz
  17. Jaicee
  18. S.Peelman
  19. Darwinianevolution
  20. Cerebralbore101
  21. UnderwaterFunktown
  22. Mnementh
  23. Shadow1980
  24. Hiku
  25. NobleTeam360
  26. OTBWY
  27. Moren
  28. GoOnKid
  29. sales2099
  30. Link_Nines.XBC
  31. derpysquirtle64
  32. IcaroRibeiro
  33. Kjartan
  34. Eric2048
  35. BraLoD
  36. FarleyMcFirefly
  37. shikamaru317
  38. DroidKnight
  39. KiigelHeart
  40. YukikoAmagi
  41. curl-6
  42. DonFerrari
  43. Iveyboi
  44. Angelus
  45. rapsuperstar31
  46. Link_knight30
  47. AlbiNecroxz
  48. gooch_destroyer
  49. Salnax
  50. Summerset
  51. kirby007
  52. Pajderman
  53. dane007
  54. theRepublic
  55. MTZehvor
  56. Eagle367
  57. Vinther1991
  58. d21lewis
  59. PAOerfulone
  60. LimaBean01
  61. Agente42
  62. Hynad
  63. CGI-Quality
  64. Fei-Hung
  65. Kantor
  66. Mar1217
  67. RedInker
  68. cosmic_drift
  69. Landale_Star
  70. RingoGaSuki
  71. Kresnik
  72. Fuchigole
  73. StarDoor
  74. Runa216
  75. drbunnig
  76. kopstudent89
  77. killeryoshis
  78. Supermario28
  79. AkimboCurly
  80. green_sky
  81. RolStoppable
  82. Immersiveunreality
  83. peachbuggy
  84. Yassgragra
  85. Farsala
  86. chakkra
  87. JWeinCom
  88. Snesboy
  89. Ka-pi96

(People who have completed and submitted their list are crossed out and in bold.)

And with all that said, our 11th Annual Greatest Games Event is live!!

Last edited by mZuzek - 2 days ago

I'm in!

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
I'm in!

Hey, no fair! You got in before I did!

Okay, I'm signing up too.

Around the Network

Me in.

Sign me up!

mZuzek said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I'm in!

Okay, I'm signing up too.

You had to pay for my services some way or another. I choose to accept payment in the form of signing up first.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
mZuzek said:

You had to pay for my services some way or another. I choose to accept payment in the form of signing up first.

grrr

After making a list in 2014 I was surprised to find I never participated in the event since then. I actually already have a 2020 list made up, so I'll definitely be participating.