By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Update: Spider-Man No Way Home trailer released | Original: MCU Spider-Man 3 rumors- Tobey, Andrew, Miles Morales, and more

shikamaru317 said:

Going to try to see it sometime this week. Been hearing alot of people say that it's even better than Spider-Man 2 (2004), but I'll need to see it to believe it because Spider-Man 2 is the best superhero movie ever made imo. 

You can believe bro, its good its very good and i bet you will be smiling.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Going to try to see it sometime this week. Been hearing alot of people say that it's even better than Spider-Man 2 (2004), but I'll need to see it to believe it because Spider-Man 2 is the best superhero movie ever made imo. 

I enjoyed it, but not significantly more than the other Holland movies and I wouldn't put it above SM2 or Spider-Verse. Spider-Verse and The Dark Knight are tied for my top superhero movies (if TDK counts).

Runa216 said:

Oh, and in addition to being an amazingly fun and well-made movie...it's also the 3rd highest grossing opening weekend after only the Avengers movies (Both domestic and worldwide). Endgame, Infinity War, No Way Home, The Force Awakens, and The Last Jedi are the top 5 in that order.

Damn. Super duper damn.

It's actually 2nd highest domestically. Just edging out Infinity War by a few millions.

But Holy Shit! I knew it was going to do big numbers and make a lot of money because it's Spider-Man. But WOW! 

But it makes sense because this is basically Spider-Man: Endgame.

PAOerfulone said:
Runa216 said:

Oh, and in addition to being an amazingly fun and well-made movie...it's also the 3rd highest grossing opening weekend after only the Avengers movies (Both domestic and worldwide). Endgame, Infinity War, No Way Home, The Force Awakens, and The Last Jedi are the top 5 in that order.

Damn. Super duper damn.

It's actually 2nd highest domestically. Just edging out Infinity War by a few millions.

But Holy Shit! I knew it was going to do big numbers and make a lot of money because it's Spider-Man. But WOW! 

But it makes sense because this is basically Spider-Man: Endgame.

I was about to doubly correct you, because the numbers I saw were early Estimates that put it at 253 million.....but the updated estimates have it at 260 million which does in fact best Infinity War. 

Hot damn! good stuff! Super happy to see when movies I love do well. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II, Rock Band 4

This movie just felt like a giant love letter to all the Spider-Man fans who followed him and grew up with him since the original Raimi trilogy, through the Amazing films, and now the MCU.
Fury said it best: The film's writing, presentation, and tone made it feel like one of the old-school Spider-Man movies instead of just another MCU film. Not to say I didn't like Homecoming and Far From Home, I did.  But my main issue with those movies is that they lean too much on the trademark comedy that MCU films are known for. That's still here, but it's definitely toned down a notch or two. Another issue I had, more recently as I rewatch them, is they portray Peter more as Tony Stark Jr. than the actual Peter Parker we know him as. In this film, they went back to the roots. They went back to what makes Spider-Man, well... Spider-Man!

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 20 December 2021

Around the Network

Its a super well made movie but internet ruined it for me, not a single thing surprised me , ( only the saddest scene ...) and the ending. If i didnt knew all the "surprises" this could have been the third best mcu movie and a 10 / 10 movie like the last 2 avenger movies.

The acting is fucking amazing in this movie.

I am so happy with that ending and what it means for spiderman going foward.

post credit scene , the first one was funny and oh yes baby, i hope that is the next villain and i am excited for it, i seriously hope we get a new tom holland triology.

Saw it tonight. It was great, but it still doesn't top Spider-Man 2 in my eyes. My ranking for the Spider-Man movies I have seen:

1. Spider-Man 2
  2. No Way Home
  3. Spider-Man 1
  4. Into the Spider Verse
  5. Spider-Man 3
  6. The Amazing Spider-Man 1

What's good about it are the action scenes, the nostalgia, the characters, and the story. What drags it down a bit is that it feels a bit like too many cooks at times, and the humor is hit and miss, sometimes it lands, other times the jokes are a bit cringe.

Spoiler!

I was also a bit sad that MJ and Gwen don't appear when there were earlier rumors that Kirsten Dunst and Emma Stone had been in negotiations to appear alongside Tobey and Andrew. Also would have been cool if Harry Osborne showed up, he knew Peter's identity afterall so he should have been sucked in by the spell, and it would have made for some cool scenes between him and his dad.

Also that Venom cameo was super lame after they teased a proper Venom appearance at the end of Let There Be Carnage. Why go to all that effort for that Let There Be Carnage scene where he gets sucked into the MCU, only for him to almost immediately get sucked back? All that just to leave behind some Venom symbiote so that MCU can get it's own Venom, when MCU could have got it's own Venom from a simple meteor crash Spider-Man 3 style.

Spoiler!
I really hope that Sony does something with Tobey Spider-Man in the future, would love a 4th movie focused on an older version of him who is married to MJ and maybe even has a kid, would be really cool. Don't waste this opportunity Sony. The groundwork is laid, now do it.
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 22 December 2021

I don't like this kind of movie. Unlike most of people I'm unable to feel nostalgia

I'm always indifferent to bringing in past characters and references, but I'm outright against a movie that the main selling point is to bring in older characters and events

To make thing worst, Spiderman is far and away the least interesting thing in MCU, the hero is overused and so is his plot and villains, it also lacks a nice lore and world building like Guardians of Galaxy or Eternals, so yeah...

With that in mind, this had a good enough story to keep me entertained. Tom Holland is as always both cute and charismatic and the final decision was the bravest decision I've saw in a hero movie since The Dark Knight. So I'm giving this a 8/10 because the positive things about it offset the awful premise 

I wonder when we'll see the Spider-Man films on Disney Plus from that agreement that Sony and Disney made few months ago.

Basil's YouTube Channel

BasilZero said:

I wonder when we'll see the Spider-Man films on Disney Plus from that agreement that Sony and Disney made few months ago.

I think it is 1 year after the netflix release. So that would probably mean about 1.5 to 2 years after premiere.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0