By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - MCU Spider-Man 3 rumors- Tobey, Andrew, Miles Morales, and more | Edit: Some Rumors confirmed

PAOerfulone said:
JWeinCom said:

"What characters should we put in the new movie?"

"Yes"

Hard not to be excited despite the cluserfuck potential here. After Endgame 

Spoiler!
I sort of wondered how they'd do an MCU without Captain America or Iron Man. I think this is their plan, to have a multiverse so they can have alternate reality Steve Rogers or Tony Stark replace them. Dunno how I'd feel about that route.

That's going to be really weird to watch if they go through that route. Because after Endgame:

Spoiler!
I can sort of see Captain America being played by different people, not just Chris Evans. But for me, there is no Iron Man without Robert Downey Jr.

Even though I do like Tom Holland and his portrayal. THE version of Spider-Man for me will always be Tobey Maguire, so I am VERY pleased by this!!!

I dunno. Because they try that a lot in the comic books where one character is replaced by the next character taking up the mantle, and I can't really think of a time where it rarely works. Marvel thinks that they can just make someone else Spider-man and people will follow that character, but turns out people care about Peter Parker. I thought that they might try a different strategy in the MCU, since actors get older, but this seems like a way to work around that a bit.  



Around the Network

Wow, this is going to be crazy. Last time they had this many main characters in a Spiderman film, it didn't really work. To be fair, Venom was kind of just shoehorned in but still...

Maybe it should be a 2 parter or a trilogy. Thor is great and all but The Avengers need a new top guy to share the load. Looked like they were going to try and make it Bree Larson/Captain Marvel for a little while but perhaps not. Spiderman could be the one.



ironmanDX said:

Wow, this is going to be crazy. Last time they had this many main characters in a Spiderman film, it didn't really work. To be fair, Venom was kind of just shoehorned in but still...

Maybe it should be a 2 parter or a trilogy. Thor is great and all but The Avengers need a new top guy to share the load. Looked like they were going to try and make it Bree Larson/Captain Marvel for a little while but perhaps not. Spiderman could be the one.

For the Avengers? Not a chance  - unfortunately Sony owns full rights and I doubt Disney will cough up any more $$$$ for more usage than what they have already planned for which was to include Spiderman's story into the MCU as it is now.

Captain Marvel will be leading the Avengers (I think they said she is confirmed to have 2 more movies) and they'll likely introduce a replacement for Captain America or Iron Man (or use a different hero in their spot).



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

BasilZero said:
ironmanDX said:

Wow, this is going to be crazy. Last time they had this many main characters in a Spiderman film, it didn't really work. To be fair, Venom was kind of just shoehorned in but still...

Maybe it should be a 2 parter or a trilogy. Thor is great and all but The Avengers need a new top guy to share the load. Looked like they were going to try and make it Bree Larson/Captain Marvel for a little while but perhaps not. Spiderman could be the one.

For the Avengers? Not a chance  - unfortunately Sony owns full rights and I doubt Disney will cough up any more $$$$ for more usage than what they have already planned for which was to include Spiderman's story into the MCU as it is now.

Captain Marvel will be leading the Avengers (I think they said she is confirmed to have 2 more movies) and they'll likely introduce a replacement for Captain America or Iron Man (or use a different hero in their spot).

The Spiderman and Avengers stories are simply too intertwined now. He basically became the IronMan heir apparent in the last standalone spiderman film.

Would make less than no sense if he wasn't involved on some level. He'll be there.



ironmanDX said:

The Spiderman and Avengers stories are simply too intertwined now. He basically became the IronMan heir apparent in the last standalone spiderman film.

Would make less than no sense if he wasn't involved on some level. He'll be there.

I hope so, considering that this movie deal almost didnt happen a year ago makes me think otherwise but hopefully it'll go well.



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

Around the Network



BasilZero said:
ironmanDX said:

Wow, this is going to be crazy. Last time they had this many main characters in a Spiderman film, it didn't really work. To be fair, Venom was kind of just shoehorned in but still...

Maybe it should be a 2 parter or a trilogy. Thor is great and all but The Avengers need a new top guy to share the load. Looked like they were going to try and make it Bree Larson/Captain Marvel for a little while but perhaps not. Spiderman could be the one.

For the Avengers? Not a chance  - unfortunately Sony owns full rights and I doubt Disney will cough up any more $$$$ for more usage than what they have already planned for which was to include Spiderman's story into the MCU as it is now.

Captain Marvel will be leading the Avengers (I think they said she is confirmed to have 2 more movies) and they'll likely introduce a replacement for Captain America or Iron Man (or use a different hero in their spot).

Idk about that. Disney seems to be willing to spend a lot of money for the MCU. I'm not sure though that they're actually paying any money. As I understand it under the current deal, Sony reaps all the profits for the Spider-man movies, and vice versa for Avengers movies with Spider-man. The deal is just sharing characters.

And Sony doesn't own the full rights, they own the full movie rights. So while Disney doesn't make any money for the Spider-man movies, they benefit from the character generally becoming more popular. Sony still needs Marvel's agreement for things like Marvel's Spider-man (the title of the video game which I'm almost positive includes the world Marvel at Disney's insistence), so it's in their benefit to play nice.

KManX89 said:

I have mixed feelings. The general purpose of Daredevil as a character is to put him through the wringer over and over again. As much as I loved Daredevil, I kind of like the way it turned out. If it goes on, he's only gonna suffer XD.



Wow, this movie is sounding truly insane. If you add up every character from credible rumors you have:
-4 Spider-Mans
-3 Spider-Man love interests
-5 villains (Doc Ock, Scorpion, Electro, Kraven, and Green Goblin)
-Doctor Strange
-Nick Fury
-Daredevil



shikamaru317 said:

Wow, this movie is sounding truly insane. If you add up every character from credible rumors you have:
-4 Spider-Mans
-3 Spider-Man love interests
-5 villains (Doc Ock, Scorpion, Electro, Kraven, and Green Goblin)
-Doctor Strange
-Nick Fury
-Daredevil

Some, most or even all of these might just be cameos. 

That's what I reckon it'll be. Just setting up a live-action SpiderVerse movie for a later time.



shikamaru317 said:

Wow, this movie is sounding truly insane. If you add up every character from credible rumors you have:
-4 Spider-Mans
-3 Spider-Man love interests
-5 villains (Doc Ock, Scorpion, Electro, Kraven, and Green Goblin)
-Doctor Strange
-Nick Fury
-Daredevil

Where are you getting "4" Spider-Mans?

Isnt it 3?



    

Basil's YouTube Channel