By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Tests Positive for Coronavirus

RolStoppable said:
Apparently freedom of speech isn't a thing in the USA anymore when corporations censor the president.

Freedom of speech has never entitled an individual to say whatever they desire, whenever they desire, without restriction, I think that's a false ideal many people who espouse "free country" tend to cling to.

There is in-fact a ton of restrictions on free-speech and there are other laws/legislation which take legal priority over that freedom such as libel.



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Well, that doesn't look like "best health in 20 years" and more like Oxygen Not Included



You don't kid about that, kids are dumb. Just not too long ago they were doing TidePod challenge!

Plus there are plenty of dumb people who don't even wear a simple piece of fabric on your face to protect yourself and others. People are stupid...especially in US it seems. Ya just don't tell people to drink household cleaners.



Machiavellian said:
RolStoppable said:
Apparently freedom of speech isn't a thing in the USA anymore when corporations censor the president.

You do know that freedom of speech only applies to the government trying to restrict your speech not a company product.  Its not like you have freedom of speech to say whatever you want when you go to work or say things in public and get fired.  People need to understand what freedom of speech means and what it applies to.

But Facebook is jumping the gun here. When Trump said "in most populations far less lethal", he clearly meant that COVID isn't a problem for many kinds of animal populations. Facebook assumed coherency within Trump's whole statement when that's by no means a given based on the president's history.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Pemalite said:
RolStoppable said:
Apparently freedom of speech isn't a thing in the USA anymore when corporations censor the president.

Freedom of speech has never entitled an individual to say whatever they desire, whenever they desire, without restriction, I think that's a false ideal many people who espouse "free country" tend to cling to.

There is in-fact a ton of restrictions on free-speech and there are other laws/legislation which take legal priority over that freedom such as libel.

Not to mention, the Constitution says "Congress shall make no law", not "Facebook shall make no rules governing how its guests may use its privately owned servers."



Around the Network
Ucouldntbemorewrong said:

You don't kid about that, kids are dumb. Just not too long ago they were doing TidePod challenge!

Plus there are plenty of dumb people who don't even wear a simple piece of fabric on your face to protect yourself and others. People are stupid...especially in US it seems. Ya just don't tell people to drink household cleaners.

Which is how he's gotten so many people killed. Someone PLEASE tape Trump's mouth shut and take away his social media accounts.



That’s what he gets for risky behaviour like unprotected anal sex and sharing needles with other junkies.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Now Stephen Miller (Trump's top advisor who was outed as having ties to white supremacy) has tested positive for Coronavirus.

Trump will not get my sympathies, and Miller is even less deserving of my sympathies.



CaptainExplosion said:
Now Stephen Miller (Trump's top advisor who was outed as having ties to white supremacy) has tested positive for Coronavirus.

Trump will not get my sympathies, and Miller is even less deserving of my sympathies.

I'm surprised Miller didn't get it already. His wife got it a couple of months ago and was seen as a potential canary in the coal mine for the administration getting COVID-19. 

The chickens are coming home to roost all over Pennsylvania Avenue. This is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" writ large.



SanAndreasX said:
CaptainExplosion said:
Now Stephen Miller (Trump's top advisor who was outed as having ties to white supremacy) has tested positive for Coronavirus.

Trump will not get my sympathies, and Miller is even less deserving of my sympathies.

I'm surprised Miller didn't get it already. His wife got it a couple of months ago and was seen as a potential canary in the coal mine for the administration getting COVID-19. 

The chickens are coming home to roost all over Pennsylvania Avenue. This is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" writ large.

It'll be their own fault for being so god damn careless if they don't survive this.