By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - [Update: Switch Won] Switch, PS5 and Series X/S - What 9th gen console will sell most this Holiday?

Which 9th gen system will sell the most this Holiday?

Switch 102 67.11%

PS5 44 28.95%

Series X/S 6 3.95%

Total:152
xl-klaudkil said:
If ps5 had enough stock ps5 without even a scratch.

Sony wouldnt sell 13+ million PS5 this holiday even if there was stock. 

Around the Network
X1Gates said:
Xsx hands down. It’s more powerful than the ps5 but same price. Game pass is a megaton especially with Bethesda acquisition. From twitter and other social media platforms Sony is losing mindshare and the old arrogant Sony is back. I mean a less powerful console priced the same as the beast XSX? It’s a no brainier really.

Have you just not been paying any attention the last 6 months? What in the world makes you think Xbox will win this holiday season? Is it the fact that they're coming off an anemic last few years of no exclusives and thus have to have all their exclusives primed for launch? Is it that Halo Infinite is....delayed and not coming to the console at launch and no other exclusives are, either? Is it the backwards compatibility that everyone seems to love but has not exactly got a history of pushing consoles? Is it the Gamepass that, once again everyone seems to love but doesn't seem to push consoles? Is it the fact that the strongest console rarely if ever has the sales advantage in the past so it MUST make a difference this time? Is it the fact that Xbox Series X has very little hype outside pockets of Xbox Diehards and that PS5 clearly has been breaking all manner of records and getting all the coverage, somehow proving that Sony's good press is just fake news and the reality is that Xbox clearly has more hype? 

Or the fact that new consoles (PS5/XSX) never outsell incumbent Consoles (Switch) Especially in the midst of a potentially record-setting run in the middle of its life cycle and thus since it's never happened before the world must bend over backwards to make it happen for the XSX? 

Switch is winning this quarter. anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. PS5 will also sell-out, but with a 10-11 million consoles being manufactured between now and March 2021...well, Switch will handily best that number. Both will do well, Xbox will also do well, but if you think they come out on top against two far stronger brands with loads more momentum, you clearly haven't been paying attention.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Switch is a no brainer. The real question is which one will sell more between PS5 and XsX? and I think the winner here will be the one with more stock.

All consoles will be sold out but the Switch will have more stock.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

chakkra said:

Switch is a no brainer. The real question is which one will sell more between PS5 and XsX? and I think the winner here will be the one with more stock.

PS5 will win. That is also a no brainer

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
chakkra said:

In your previous post you said that all consoles will be sold out. May I ask why do you think it is "a no brainer" that the PS5 will have more stock?

for thouse arguing over the generation gap: dreamcast to gamecube was a 3 year gap.
nintendo literally pulled a dreamcast, for basically the same reasons as sega when comparing the wii U and the saturn. its just that nintendo had multiple fallbacks.

chakkra said:
Jranation said:

In your previous post you said that all consoles will be sold out. May I ask why do you think it is "a no brainer" that the PS5 will have more stock?

True I used the word wrongly. It is just when it comes to Xbox and PS. PS will beat Xbox in Europe and Asia. Xbox only has a chance in NA. I will be very surprised if MS comes on top on any other region besides NA. Perhaps MS will allocate more stock in NA, while Sony will spread it to more regions. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
chakkra said:

True I used the word wrongly. It is just when it comes to Xbox and PS. PS will beat Xbox in Europe and Asia. Xbox only has a chance in NA. I will be very surprised if MS comes on top on any other region besides NA. Perhaps MS will allocate more stock in NA, while Sony will spread it to more regions. 

MS also has a strong presence in the UK, though that market is not as big as thr US or Eu.  Still worth mentioning.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

If PS5 had enough stock then I would go with that but since it won't, Switch is naturally the next choice.