By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed launch titles for Xbox Series X | S

chakkra said:
KratosLives said:

People can be excited for what they want, but it doesn't change the fact that it could have been launched with better games. You can either put up with it or make your voice heard so things change for the better. Halo was always an xbox one game, having it launch as a series x game wouldn't make much difference. We should be getting great games built for next gen, for launch, or atleast a taste of what't to come, and higher resolution and fps to older games or multiplats isn't good enough, this is how it should be for all next gen releases.  As for ps5, it's got its exclusives on launch, but demon's souls is what saves it, as everything else looks like a ps4 game. Lbp3 looks next gen, but I don't know if it's a fully fledged game or something low budget. 

And I guess you're the one who decides what are the "better games" and what should or should not be "good enough." You keep saying that "demon's souls is what saves the PS5," but again, that's what saves it FOR YOU. I'm sure many people will buy the PS5 and won't even look at DS; heck, I'm willing to bet that Demon Souls won't be the best selling game on PS5.

Spider-Man Miles Morales is definitely outselling Demon's Souls remake. Souls series biggest game was 10m lifetime, and it was multiplat, not PS exclusive. Spider-Man 2018 hit 13m in just it's first year. 



Around the Network
chakkra said:
KratosLives said:

People can be excited for what they want, but it doesn't change the fact that it could have been launched with better games. You can either put up with it or make your voice heard so things change for the better. Halo was always an xbox one game, having it launch as a series x game wouldn't make much difference. We should be getting great games built for next gen, for launch, or atleast a taste of what't to come, and higher resolution and fps to older games or multiplats isn't good enough, this is how it should be for all next gen releases.  As for ps5, it's got its exclusives on launch, but demon's souls is what saves it, as everything else looks like a ps4 game. Lbp3 looks next gen, but I don't know if it's a fully fledged game or something low budget. 

And I guess you're the one who decides what are the "better games" and what should or should not be "good enough." You keep saying that "demon's souls is what saves the PS5," but again, that's what saves it FOR YOU. I'm sure many people will buy the PS5 and won't even look at DS; heck, I'm willing to bet that Demon Souls won't be the best selling game on PS5.

He presents his reasoning as older games and multiplats not being good enough and the game that is happens to be a remaster of a game on another older platform.

I wouldn't bother responding.



ironmanDX said:
chakkra said:

And I guess you're the one who decides what are the "better games" and what should or should not be "good enough." You keep saying that "demon's souls is what saves the PS5," but again, that's what saves it FOR YOU. I'm sure many people will buy the PS5 and won't even look at DS; heck, I'm willing to bet that Demon Souls won't be the best selling game on PS5.

He presents his reasoning as older games and multiplats not being good enough and the game that is happens to be a remaster of a game on another older platform.

I wouldn't bother responding.

Name me one exlusive that should make everyone rush out and buy a series x on launch.  Buying a console for the sake of having it cause it's future proof is the funniest thing I heard. 



KratosLives said:
ironmanDX said:

He presents his reasoning as older games and multiplats not being good enough and the game that is happens to be a remaster of a game on another older platform.

I wouldn't bother responding.

Name me one exlusive that should make everyone rush out and buy a series x on launch.  Buying a console for the sake of having it cause it's future proof is the funniest thing I heard. 

Launch week? Not much, unless you really like both Gears and XCOM and are therefore interested in Gears Tactics. But before the end of the year the first 2 episodes of Remedy's CrossFireX campaign and The Medium are set to release, one is a AAA exclusive and the other a AA, both are pretty cool. Maybe not huge system sellers, but Xbox doesn't need huge system sellers to sell out this Holiday, I mean the day one preorders sold out in less than an hour in almost every country, in less than 10 minutes in some countries. Consoles always sell out at launch, even Xbox One had the 3rd biggest console launch of all-time (only behind PS4 and Switch), and it had just about every factor imaginable going against it (higher price, weaker specs, negative PR from the poor reveal, etc.). And Series S should be huge this Holiday with parents and grandparents buying Christmas presents, thanks to it's low $300 price tag. MS just needs to get a system seller out in early 2021 to keep the sales strong into next year, be it Halo Infinite or something else. 

Also plenty of people buy for future proofing. I'm buying at launch mainly to get better graphics on the 3rd party multiplats like Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, and Watch Dogs Legions, though I plan to play a few of the launch window exclusives on Gamepass as well.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 October 2020

shikamaru317 said:
KratosLives said:

Name me one exlusive that should make everyone rush out and buy a series x on launch.  Buying a console for the sake of having it cause it's future proof is the funniest thing I heard. 

Launch week? Not much, unless you really like both Gears and XCOM and are therefore interested in Gears Tactics. But before the end of the year the first 2 episodes of Remedy's CrossFireX campaign and The Medium are set to release, one is a AAA exclusive and the other a AA, both are pretty cool. Maybe not huge system sellers, but Xbox doesn't need huge system sellers to sell out this Holiday, I mean the day one preorders sold out in less than an hour in almost every country, in less than 10 minutes in some countries. Consoles always sell out at launch, even Xbox One had the 3rd biggest console launch of all-time (only behind PS4 and Switch), and it had just about every factor imaginable going against it (higher price, weaker specs, negative PR from the poor reveal, etc.). And Series S should be huge this Holiday with parents and grandparents buying Christmas presents, thanks to it's low $300 price tag. MS just needs to get a system seller out in early 2021 to keep the sales strong into next year, be it Halo Infinite or something else. 

Also plenty of people buy for future proofing. I'm buying at launch mainly to get better graphics on the 3rd party multiplats like Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, and Watch Dogs Legions, though I plan to play a few of the launch window exclusives on Gamepass as well.

Look i'm not trying to argue for the sake of picking sides or putting one console down. I want all gamers to get the best for what they pay for on launch. I just don't like it that they can't launch a system without a killer exclusive or some small games that showcase next gen. Maybe it's early for devs to show off the it's power, so maybe it's premature  for both consoles to release this year.  I would much rather see a console release with something stunning, something not seen before to get us excited for next gen gaming.



Around the Network
KratosLives said:
shikamaru317 said:

Launch week? Not much, unless you really like both Gears and XCOM and are therefore interested in Gears Tactics. But before the end of the year the first 2 episodes of Remedy's CrossFireX campaign and The Medium are set to release, one is a AAA exclusive and the other a AA, both are pretty cool. Maybe not huge system sellers, but Xbox doesn't need huge system sellers to sell out this Holiday, I mean the day one preorders sold out in less than an hour in almost every country, in less than 10 minutes in some countries. Consoles always sell out at launch, even Xbox One had the 3rd biggest console launch of all-time (only behind PS4 and Switch), and it had just about every factor imaginable going against it (higher price, weaker specs, negative PR from the poor reveal, etc.). And Series S should be huge this Holiday with parents and grandparents buying Christmas presents, thanks to it's low $300 price tag. MS just needs to get a system seller out in early 2021 to keep the sales strong into next year, be it Halo Infinite or something else. 

Also plenty of people buy for future proofing. I'm buying at launch mainly to get better graphics on the 3rd party multiplats like Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, and Watch Dogs Legions, though I plan to play a few of the launch window exclusives on Gamepass as well.

Look i'm not trying to argue for the sake of picking sides or putting one console down. I want all gamers to get the best for what they pay for on launch. I just don't like it that they can't launch a system without a killer exclusive or some small games that showcase next gen. Maybe it's early for devs to show off the it's power, so maybe it's premature  for both consoles to release this year.  I would much rather see a console release with something stunning, something not seen before to get us excited for next gen gaming.

Just as a heads up, Xbox Series does have a next-gen only game this Holiday that isn’t possible on Xbox One, The Medium. The devs had the idea for the game like 8 years ago as I recall, but had to shelf it until hardware caught up to their vision. The game simultaneously renders the world twice with different graphics, the real world and the spirit world, and allows you to switch between the two on the fly, kind of like Ratchet & Clank’s fast world hopping on PS5, both of which are only able to do that because of SSD. It also has ray tracing.

Latest trailer for The Medium:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_zQe9pPSkM8



KratosLives said:
shikamaru317 said:

Launch week? Not much, unless you really like both Gears and XCOM and are therefore interested in Gears Tactics. But before the end of the year the first 2 episodes of Remedy's CrossFireX campaign and The Medium are set to release, one is a AAA exclusive and the other a AA, both are pretty cool. Maybe not huge system sellers, but Xbox doesn't need huge system sellers to sell out this Holiday, I mean the day one preorders sold out in less than an hour in almost every country, in less than 10 minutes in some countries. Consoles always sell out at launch, even Xbox One had the 3rd biggest console launch of all-time (only behind PS4 and Switch), and it had just about every factor imaginable going against it (higher price, weaker specs, negative PR from the poor reveal, etc.). And Series S should be huge this Holiday with parents and grandparents buying Christmas presents, thanks to it's low $300 price tag. MS just needs to get a system seller out in early 2021 to keep the sales strong into next year, be it Halo Infinite or something else. 

Also plenty of people buy for future proofing. I'm buying at launch mainly to get better graphics on the 3rd party multiplats like Cyberpunk, AC Valhalla, and Watch Dogs Legions, though I plan to play a few of the launch window exclusives on Gamepass as well.

Look i'm not trying to argue for the sake of picking sides or putting one console down. I want all gamers to get the best for what they pay for on launch. I just don't like it that they can't launch a system without a killer exclusive or some small games that showcase next gen. Maybe it's early for devs to show off the it's power, so maybe it's premature  for both consoles to release this year.  I would much rather see a console release with something stunning, something not seen before to get us excited for next gen gaming.

Bold: Halo Infinite should've been that title. That delay wasn't easy but probably the right thing to do. You can't just magically make a new game in a few months that can take its place. Besides, it's rare that launch lineups include top tier exclusives. Don't expect Miles Morales to be the best PS5 game in 7 years when all is said and done.



Replicant said:
KratosLives said:

Look i'm not trying to argue for the sake of picking sides or putting one console down. I want all gamers to get the best for what they pay for on launch. I just don't like it that they can't launch a system without a killer exclusive or some small games that showcase next gen. Maybe it's early for devs to show off the it's power, so maybe it's premature  for both consoles to release this year.  I would much rather see a console release with something stunning, something not seen before to get us excited for next gen gaming.

Bold: Halo Infinite should've been that title. That delay wasn't easy but probably the right thing to do. You can't just magically make a new game in a few months that can take its place. Besides, it's rare that launch lineups include top tier exclusives. Don't expect Miles Morales to be the best PS5 game in 7 years when all is said and done.

I wouldn't even put miles morales as a true ps5 game. Ive seen more impressive tech in tlou2. Wasn't halo infinite in development as an xbox one game?  They were working on current gen hardware for the majority of it's development i heard.



KratosLives said:
ironmanDX said:

He presents his reasoning as older games and multiplats not being good enough and the game that is happens to be a remaster of a game on another older platform.

I wouldn't bother responding.

Name me one exlusive that should make everyone rush out and buy a series x on launch.  Buying a console for the sake of having it cause it's future proof is the funniest thing I heard. 

There isn't one. I just want one, I've ordered one because I want one. Hell, I've ordered 2 so I can sell the second one for a Christmas fund. 

Getting the best experience on my TV while smashing through my back log in 4k is just an awesome topping on top. 

Both launches are mediocre. Thank god for 3rd party titles and I'm getting the best console for the job. 



Here is the full list of titles for launch:

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery)
Borderlands 3 (Smart Delivery)
Bright Memory 1.0
Cuisine Royale (Smart Delivery)
Dead by Daylight (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
DIRT 5 (Smart Delivery)
Enlisted
Evergate
The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
Fortnite
Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Gears Tactics (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Grounded (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
King Oddball (Smart Delivery)
Maneater (Smart Delivery)
Manifold Garden (Smart Delivery)
NBA 2K21
Observer: System Redux
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
War Thunder (Smart Delivery)
Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
Watch Dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)
WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Smart Delivery)
Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)
Yes, Your Grace (Smart Delivery)
https://www.vgchartz.com/article/445825/30-games-to-be-fully-optimized-for-xbox-series-x-and-s-at-launch/

It looks like we finally know the full launch lineup. What do you think about him?

For me, what matters most is:
- Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
- Forza Horizon 4
- Gears 5
- Gears Tactics
- Grounded
- Observer: System Redux
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps

and maybe:
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Watch Dogs: Legion
- The Falconeer