Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you plan on getting the now officially announced 3D Mario Collection?

Will you buy the 3D Mario Collection?

Yes 82 59.85%

No 37 27.01%

Maybe 18 13.14%

Total:137

Yes I am.
They're emulated roms btw not really ports.
There are reports of data files of other N64 titles that were accidentally left in the Super Mario 64 emulator.
My guess is that N64 and possibly GameCube and Wii will eventually make the jump to NSO and that's why it's a limited release.

Around the Network

Yes

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I've thought about it, but this whole project just feels oddly low effort. It almost feels like Nintendo hadn't intended to release this game at all, but they just slapped this together at the last minute when the rumors all started and they realized they had a hole in their Autumn lineup.

I still have my voucher.
So its going to be either this or Pikmin 3.

German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread

Marth said:
I still have my voucher.

Didn't those expire? They stopped selling them after July 31, 2019. They expire 365 days after Purchase. So the latest day would be August 1 2020 right?

Last edited by Bandorr - on 16 September 2020

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Marth said:
I still have my voucher.

Didn't those expire? They stopped selling them after July 31, 2019. They expire 365 days after Purchase. So the latest day would be August 1 2020 right?

Only in the US. You can still buy them in Europe

German YouTuber and Streamer:

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon 2020 thread

The technical aspects of the games shows just how little effort was put into this compilation. Super Mario 64 could run on a toaster at this point, but they didn't even get it to 1080P or 60 FPS. Sunshine is also stuck at 30 FPS. But Galaxy, which is the most technically demanding game of the bunch, is running at 1080P and 60 FPS just because it ran at 60 on original hardware. If the Switch can handle Galaxy at 60 FPS the other 2 should be no problem. They just didn't care to do it.

Imagine if the Halo collection had Halo 4 running at full HD and 60 FPS, but Halo 3 ran at 30 FPS, and Halo 1 ran at 30 FPS and just 720P. You'd rightly wonder why the less demanding the game, the worse it runs.

Marth said:
Bandorr said:

Only in the US. You can still buy them in Europe

Interesting.  I wonder why the distinction. Thanks.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

83 for the collection on Metacritic as of writing; not surprisingly, a lot of criticism's being aimed at how bare-bones the collection is.

I'd expected that 64 would get a lot of "it hasn't aged well" complaints thrown at it by the reviewers, but as it turns out, it's actually Sunshine that's got the critics saying that.