By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

smroadkill15 said:

You really do change goalpost a lot. Curry's not a bad defender. He used to be more of a reliability early on, but as of the last few years he's been pretty good. You should look at his defensive ratings during these playoffs. Speaking of Shaq, do you know who his favorite player during the modern era??

If Curry's not in your top 10, that's fine, but stop trying to argue with others why he not actually that good because it makes you look foolish. Everyone pretty much agrees Curry is revolutionary to the modern era of basketball, and you saying he isn't tells me you probably haven't played a pick up game in a very long time.

Actually, the only people that look foolish are the ones that think Curry is a top ten player of all time which he clearly isn't if you look at the whole picture and aren't a prisoner of the moment.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Chrkeller said:

Moving goalposts.  Shaq is one dimensional.  Being one dimensional doesn't mean anything.

As for Steph, he is an all time great, regardless if he is top 15 or top 10.  

How is Shaq one dimensional when he was great at both offense and defense.

You remind me of Nick Wright, you take things too far.  Shaq made a couple 2nd teams....  and now he is "great defensively?"  

It isn't worth debating, given your mind is made up.  I don't care where you place curry, because he is an all time great, full stop. 

Another offseason and it's always something involving Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, and the Lakers.

Honestly, if I'm the Nets GM, I would tell KD "You've got 4 years left on your deal and you'll be 37 by the time it's up. And I'm not trading you unless I get a blow-away, Full House deal. Bigger than what the Jazz got for Gobert. So, until that happens, you better just suck it up, go out there, and play."

As for Kyrie, he's most likely gone after this year assuming a deal doesn't get done now or before the trade deadline. And all roads seem to lead to the Lakers. Honestly, if I'm the Lakers, I'd just wait it out. If Kyrie really wants to be there, they can just wait for his current deal to expire and then sign him in FA next offseason without giving up any assets. Because there's no way the Nets would ever agree to a straight up one-on-one swap for Westbrook given how much he'll be making next season.

Chrkeller said:
Chris Hu said:

How is Shaq one dimensional when he was great at both offense and defense.

You remind me of Nick Wright, you take things too far.  Shaq made a couple 2nd teams....  and now he is "great defensively?"  

It isn't worth debating, given your mind is made up.  I don't care where you place curry, because he is an all time great, full stop. 

You can be an all-time great without being close to being in the top ten or even the top ten in the position you play in.  I'm going with the NFL to prove my, point Marcus Allen, Franco Harris, O. J. Simpson, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, Dan Fouts, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, Art Monk, Steve Largent, Michael Irvin, Don Hutson, Elroy Hirsch, Darrell Green, Mel Renfro, John Lynch, Richard Dent, John Randle, Randy White, Warren Sapp, Bob Lilly, and Merlin Olson are all all-time greats without being close to being in the top ten or top ten in their position they played.

Chet Holmgren great first summer league game solid second game. Nikola Jovic terrible first summer league game, below average second game and great last game. The more noticeable summer league starts in Vegas tomorrow. With the steifel tower leaving the Jazz are the most likely playoff team in the West that will miss the playoffs in the upcoming season.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Chrkeller said:

You can be an all-time great without being close to being in the top ten or even the top ten in the position you play in.  I'm going with the NFL to prove my, point Marcus Allen, Franco Harris, O. J. Simpson, John Elway, Johnny Unitas, Dan Fouts, Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr, Art Monk, Steve Largent, Michael Irvin, Don Hutson, Elroy Hirsch, Darrell Green, Mel Renfro, John Lynch, Richard Dent, John Randle, Randy White, Warren Sapp, Bob Lilly, and Merlin Olson are all all-time greats without being close to being in the top ten or top ten in their position they played.

The NFL comparison falls flat for me.  A NFL roster has 53 players, NBA has 15 players.  Of course an NFL all time great list is larger than an NBA.

But since we aren't making progress, let us try a different tactic.  Where do you rank Curry?  Top 15?  Top 20?  Top 30?  

Anyone saying Shaq is one dimensional doesn't know basketball.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:

Anyone saying Shaq is one dimensional doesn't know basketball.

How so?  Did Shaq have a great handle?  Great 3 point shooting ability?  Was he a great passer?  Did he pickup defensively full court?

Shaq was a great paint player....  and had little skills outside the paint...  Look at it this way, if Curry is one dimensional, then by default so is Shaq.  

*Shaq was 1 for 22 from the 3 point line....  for his career.  4.54%...  52% from the foul line....

Here is the thing, Shaq couldn't be stopped.  So my point is being one dimensional doesn't mean anything.  If a player can't be stopped, he can't be stopped.  I don't care if it is the same move over and over and over.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 07 July 2022

Chrkeller said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Anyone saying Shaq is one-dimensional doesn't know basketball.

How so?  Did Shaq have a great handle?  Great 3-point shooting ability?  Was he a great passer?  Did he pick up defensively full court?

Shaq was a great paint player....  and had little skills outside the paint...  Look at it this way, if Curry is one-dimensional, then by default, so is Shaq.  

*Shaq was 1 for 22 from the 3-point line....  for his career.  4.54%...  52% from the foul line...

Here is the thing, Shaq couldn't be stopped.  So my point is being one-dimensional doesn't mean anything.  If a player can't be stopped, he can't be stopped.  I don't care if it is the same move over and over and over.

Shaq was an exceptional passer out of double teams; that's why his teams got so many wide-open 3s. Shaq had a baby hook right up to the foul line. Shaq eliminates all paint activity, so they're forced to play on the perimeter, and unlike Rudy (who is the definition of one-dimensional), he punishes people on both ends. He's not perfect, but you don't know shit about basketball if you think Shaq is one-dimensional. Did you even watch him?

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
Chrkeller said:

How so?  Did Shaq have a great handle?  Great 3-point shooting ability?  Was he a great passer?  Did he pick up defensively full court?

Shaq was a great paint player....  and had little skills outside the paint...  Look at it this way, if Curry is one-dimensional, then by default, so is Shaq.  

*Shaq was 1 for 22 from the 3-point line....  for his career.  4.54%...  52% from the foul line...

Here is the thing, Shaq couldn't be stopped.  So my point is being one-dimensional doesn't mean anything.  If a player can't be stopped, he can't be stopped.  I don't care if it is the same move over and over and over.

Shaq was an exceptional passer out of double teams; that's why his teams got so many wide-open 3s. Shaq had a baby hook right up to the foul line. Shaq eliminates all paint activity, so they're forced to play on the perimeter, and unlike Rudy (who is the definition of one-dimensional), he punishes people on both ends. He's not perfect, but you don't know shit about basketball if you think Shaq is one-dimensional. Did you even watch him?

Exceptional passer???  He averaged 2.5 assists a game....  yeah I watched him, he was unstoppable due to size and strength.  Highly skilled at multiple aspects of the game, not so much.  He dominated the paint.....  and only the paint..  sounds one dimensional to me.

Also I like it when people resort to be being rude once they start losing an argument.  Classic internet.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 07 July 2022