By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

PAOerfulone said:

Devin Booker is out for 2-3 weeks with a pulled right hamstring.

Well, the Suns are in big trouble now. Even if they get past the Pelicans, they then have to deal with Utah or Dallas - who should be getting Luka back very soon.

Even without Devin Booker the Suns still will be favorites in the series against the Mavs or the Jazz.  They just need him back by the WCF if they want to make it all the way back to the finals.  Without Booker they would be underdogs against the Warriors or the Grizzlies.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
PAOerfulone said:

Devin Booker is out for 2-3 weeks with a pulled right hamstring.

Well, the Suns are in big trouble now. Even if they get past the Pelicans, they then have to deal with Utah or Dallas - who should be getting Luka back very soon.

Even without Devin Booker the Suns still will be favorites in the series against the Mavs or the Jazz.  They just need him back by the WCF if they want to make it all the way back to the finals.  Without Booker they would be underdogs against the Warriors or the Grizzlies.

Even with him, I still think they'd be underdogs against the Warriors. 

PAOerfulone said:
Chris Hu said:

With Devin Booker the Suns will be favorites against the Warriors since they have home court and won the regular season matchup.  Plus, they easily won eleven more games than the Warriors during the regular season.  Not only that the Warriors will also be underdogs against the Grizzlies in the next round.

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

I'm well aware that you can't comprehend my replies. That doesn't excuse the fact that every time you try to make a point, you ignore all evidence and facts pointing against it. You literally have one bullet point that you're beating into the ground so hard that the dead horse is practically glue at this point.

You:

• Paul George played in the first play in game

Me:

• Paul George didn't play in the second play-in game. If he played, the Clips may have won and gotten into the playoffs. You keep pretending like one game is more important than the other.
  • Kawhi Leonard missed the season. I'm sure you've heard of him. If Leonard was healthy, the Clips may not have been in the PIT.
  • The Pelicans don't suck as bad as you think, even though you've never heard of them.
  • Comparing the Clippers and Pelicans last 10 games of the season don't mean much when the Pels tanked their final two against two elite Western teams that were playing full force. Prior to that, they were 9-4.
  • You keep whining about George missing the first play-in game to try to disguise the fact that you picked the Lakers and Nets to win their conferences and get to the finals, even declaring the Lakers champions after trading for Westbrook and saying Chris Paul should have opted out of his contract to join them *takes a moment to chuckle*. That is somehow your most horrendously blown hot take ever, and coming from you, that's quite the accomplishment.

Don't reply to me until you can come up with something new. You proved during last year's playoffs that you can go and plagiarize someone else's YouTube video when you do a half-ass job of applying yourself instead of a no-ass job, so try that again.

Try again I didn't pick the Lakers and the Nets to get to the finals.

Look at you, trying to bullshit your way out of your horrible takes by using exact words. OK, you're right though, you didn't say the Lakers AND the Nets.

Chris Hu said:

My not so bold prediction for the 2022 NBA Finals Warriors versus Nets. The Nets just need to stay healthy and tweak their bench a bit. The Warriors need Klay to come back healthy, Curry have a decent season. Draft somebody decent at the number 7 spot and use the 14th pick and someone else from their roster to trade for another top level player.

Chris Hu said:

Since the Lakers got Russ they will at least go to the WCF next season. Golden State still has more pieces to eventually have a much better roster then the Lakers. Looks like Ben Simmons is staying with the 76ers since they want the moon for him from other teams. I think Pascal Siakam is available that is who the Warriors should go after.

So I was wrong that you didn't pick the Lakers to make the Finals, but the WCF instead. Doesn't really make your shitty predictions any less shitty, because it's really hard to make the WCF when you can't make the play-in tournament though. But nope, LAL got Russell Westbrook, a player whose name you heard of down in whatever backwoods part of Texas you live in that doesn't have proper modern Internet, so they're going to the WCF, baby! Who cares that they gutted their roster to trade for a guy on a max contract that can't shoot, can't play off ball, isn't a plus defender, and needs an entire team designed around him to even make a lower seed playoff team?

Chris Hu said:
Angelus said:

Can't help but be sad for Chris Paul. Highly unlikely he'll get another crack at that elusive title. Still though, heck of a playoff run he had at 36. Hopefully he's able to reflect upon it in a positive light once all the dust settles.

That said, while I am sad for CP3, it's also hard not to be happy for the Bucks. They really came together, and played by far their best basketball in the Finals, when it mattered. Giannis came back within a week from what looked like it was going to be a devastating injury, and pretty much lit the world on fire. Even down 0-2, total never say die attitude. You gotta respect, and applaud it.

Yeah unless he ops out of the final year of his contract and signs with another contender (Lakers) this was pretty much his last great chance of winning a title as a starter.  He could still eventually win a title riding the bench on championship team like Gary Payton did with the '06 Heat.

Those poor, poor Suns, amirite?

Wait, what about your Warriors pick for the Finals?

Chris Hu said:

With Devin Booker the Suns will be favorites against the Warriors since they have home court and won the regular season matchup.  Plus, they easily won eleven more games than the Warriors during the regular season.  Not only that the Warriors will also be underdogs against the Grizzlies in the next round.

When you don't even follow your own "analysis" and predictions, why do you think anyone else should? Every time I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is, you run and hide: you pretended not to see my messages for TWO YEARS when I challenged you to a bet on the Harden vs. Antetokounmpo for MVP race  in '20, and you wouldn't comment on Sixers vs. Raptors until AFTER Philly won Game 3 a few nights ago. And when you come back from hiding, you regurgitate the same tired old points over and over (Harden will win MVP because the WC is better, PG missed the Clppers first play-in game).

Give it a rest dude. Your grasp of the NBA is like Disney's grasp on culture in It's a Small World. There's nothing wrong with that, but you're not fooling anyone into thinking you know what you're talking about.

PAOerfulone said:

I knew the Lakers were going to disappoint from the start.
I mean, you trade away or give up most of your supporting cast for a dude who is the textbook example of what happens when you play harder instead of smarter and who needs the ball in his hands all the time to be effective... While already having LeBron James, who is also extremely ball dominant AND an injury prone Anthony Davis. Unless they found some miracle chemistry we weren't aware of (they didn't) it was going to flop.

I didn't think it would flop THAT hard. But the fact that the Lakers' experiment ended up in failure did not surprise me.

I'm not going to pretend like I thought that it would be this much of a train wreck either; I figured LAL would at least be a lower seed playoff team. but anybody who even halfway pays attention to basketball as background noise could see the disaster from a continent away.

Want to know what makes it even more tragically funny? Thanks to the trade to get Davis, LAL doesn't own it's pick this year. It could either go to the Pelicans or another team (I think either the Grizzlies, Blazers or Wizards, I can't remember at the moment) depending on where the pick falls in draft order. Of all the years for the Lakers absolutely want it, they definitely will not have it.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
PAOerfulone said:

First off, the Suns split the regular season series with the Warriors 2-2.

That aside, regular season basketball is one thing; PLAYOFF basketball is another - The Nuggets took 3 out of 4 from the Warriors in the regular season, and yet they're in danger of being swept right out of the First Round by that very same team.

How much postseason experience do Devin Booker and the Suns have?

How much postseason experience do Ja Morant and the Grizzlies have?

Now compare their combined experience to that of Steph and the Warriors. They've won as many championships with that core as Booker's Suns and Morant's Grizzlies have won playoff series' COMBINED. 

The Suns and Grizzlies THINK they can win a championship, the Warriors KNOW they can. How many Game 7s, Elimination games, and high pressure situations have the Warriors been in since they made their first appearance with that core of Steph, Klay, Draymond, and Iguodala back in 2014? Not only have they won many of those crucial games, they've won some of them on the road. Games 4 and 6 against Cleveland in 2015, Game 6 against OKC in 2016, Games 1 and 7 against Houston in 2018 and Game 6 in 2019 (Two seasons where Houston had Golden State's number in the regular season, yet look what happened in the playoffs.) They've been in those type of situations countless times and they have won more than they have lost. This is the same core and same coaching staff that, when healthy enough to be on the court, went to 5 straight NBA Finals and won 3 of them. They know what it takes to get there and to finish the job.

Phoenix had ONE great run last year where they made it to the Finals and came up short followed by a dominant regular season this year, and Memphis also put together a very strong season and this would be the first time they've made it past the 1st round since 2015 when... they lost to the Warriors... Who went on to win their 1st of 3 championships. That's assuming the Grizzlies get past the 1st round in the first place since the Timberwolves are giving them ALL they can handle.

The Grizzlies, and to a lesser extent, the Suns, are unproven in these major, high pressure, playoff situations. The Warriors have been there and done that, many, MANY times. They were a dynasty in the mid-late '10s with that core they still have. A core that is now back in tact, back together, and getting healthy for the first time in 3 years, and has plenty of support behind them. 

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 24 April 2022

burninmylight said:

Chris Hu said:

Try again I didn't pick the Lakers and the Nets to get to the finals.

Look at you, trying to bullshit your way out of your horrible takes by using exact words. OK, you're right though, you didn't say the Lakers AND the Nets.

Chris Hu said:

My not so bold prediction for the 2022 NBA Finals Warriors versus Nets. The Nets just need to stay healthy and tweak their bench a bit. The Warriors need Klay to come back healthy, Curry have a decent season. Draft somebody decent at the number 7 spot and use the 14th pick and someone else from their roster to trade for another top level player.

Chris Hu said:

Since the Lakers got Russ they will at least go to the WCF next season. Golden State still has more pieces to eventually have a much better roster then the Lakers. Looks like Ben Simmons is staying with the 76ers since they want the moon for him from other teams. I think Pascal Siakam is available that is who the Warriors should go after.

So I was wrong that you didn't pick the Lakers to make the Finals, but the WCF instead. Doesn't really make your shitty predictions any less shitty, because it's really hard to make the WCF when you can't make the play-in tournament though. But nope, LAL got Russell Westbrook, a player whose name you heard of down in whatever backwoods part of Texas you live in that doesn't have proper modern Internet, so they're going to the WCF, baby! Who cares that they gutted their roster to trade for a guy on a max contract that can't shoot, can't play off ball, isn't a plus defender, and needs an entire team designed around him to even make a lower seed playoff team?

Chris Hu said:

Yeah unless he ops out of the final year of his contract and signs with another contender (Lakers) this was pretty much his last great chance of winning a title as a starter.  He could still eventually win a title riding the bench on championship team like Gary Payton did with the '06 Heat.

Those poor, poor Suns, amirite?

Wait, what about your Warriors pick for the Finals?

Chris Hu said:

When you don't even follow your own "analysis" and predictions, why do you think anyone else should? Every time I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is, you run and hide: you pretended not to see my messages for TWO YEARS when I challenged you to a bet on the Harden vs. Antetokounmpo for MVP race  in '20, and you wouldn't comment on Sixers vs. Raptors until AFTER Philly won Game 3 a few nights ago. And when you come back from hiding, you regurgitate the same tired old points over and over (Harden will win MVP because the WC is better, PG missed the Clppers first play-in game).

Give it a rest dude. Your grasp of the NBA is like Disney's grasp on culture in It's a Small World. There's nothing wrong with that, but you're not fooling anyone into thinking you know what you're talking about.

Again, Paul George played in the first play in game apparently you are the one that lives in some backwoods town in Oklahoma with bad internet.  My internet is fine, and I live in Fort Worth the fifth largest town in Texas.

Welp, with that game we are officially living in a timeline where the Brooklyn Nets may be the only first round team to be swept.

Hilarious

PAOerfulone said:
Chris Hu said:

First off, the Suns split the regular season series with the Warriors 2-2.

That aside, regular season basketball is one thing; PLAYOFF basketball is another - The Nuggets took 3 out of 4 from the Warriors in the regular season, and yet they're in danger of being swept right out of the First Round by that very same team.

How much postseason experience do Devin Booker and the Suns have?

How much postseason experience do Ja Morant and the Grizzlies have?

Now compare their combined experience to that of Steph and the Warriors. They've won as many championships with that core as Booker's Suns and Morant's Grizzlies have won playoff series' COMBINED. 

The Suns and Grizzlies THINK they can win a championship, the Warriors KNOW they can. How many Game 7s, Elimination games, and high pressure situations have the Warriors been in since they made their first appearance with that core of Steph, Klay, Draymond, and Iguodala back in 2014? Not only have they won many of those crucial games, they've won some of them on the road. Games 4 and 6 against Cleveland in 2015, Game 6 against OKC in 2016, Games 1 and 7 against Houston in 2018 and Game 6 in 2019 (Two seasons where Houston had Golden State's number in the regular season, yet look what happened in the playoffs.) They've been in those type of situations countless times and they have won more than they have lost. This is the same core and same coaching staff that, when healthy enough to be on the court, went to 5 straight NBA Finals and won 3 of them. They know what it takes to get there and to finish the job.

Phoenix had ONE great run last year where they made it to the Finals and came up short followed by a dominant regular season this year, and Memphis also put together a very strong season and this would be the first time they've made it past the 1st round since 2015 when... they lost to the Warriors... Who went on to win their 1st of 3 championships. That's assuming the Grizzlies get past the 1st round in the first place since the Timberwolves are giving them ALL they can handle.

The Grizzlies, and to a lesser extent, the Suns, are unproven in these major, high pressure, playoff situations. The Warriors have been there and done that, many, MANY times. They were a dynasty in the mid-late '10s with that core they still have. A core that is now back in tact, back together, and getting healthy for the first time in 3 years, and has plenty of support behind them. 

The Suns pretty much put-up better numbers all across the board and again they easily won elven more games than the Warriors did during the regular season.  Again, if Booker is back by the WCF the Sun will be the favorite team in that series.

Nice win by the Nuggets no sweeps in the first round in the West.