By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

The way the Clippers choked in both play in games made their season almost as bad as the Lakers. In the east the two most disappointing teams were the Knicks and the Wizards. Glad the Mavs won today, Luka just needs to come back and help them win one game in Utah and then take help them win their remaining home games. Looks like the 76ers will sweep the Raptors.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

The way the Clippers choked in both play in games made their season almost as bad as the Lakers. In the east the two most disappointing teams were the Knicks and the Wizards. Glad the Mavs won today, Luka just needs to come back and help them win one game in Utah and then take help them win their remaining home games. Looks like the 76ers will sweep the Raptors.

The Clippers played without Leonard and George, the two guys the team is built around. They just went the entire season without Leonard. For a guy obsessed with star players and household names, I figured you'd mention that.

I'd also figure that you'd count the Nets as the most disappointing team in the East, seeing as how you pegged them to be the top team in the conference and in the finals right after they got knocked out last year.

Willing to bet that the Sixers won't sweep the Raptors?

burninmylight said:
Chris Hu said:

The Clippers played without Leonard and George, the two guys the team is built around. They just went the entire season without Leonard. For a guy obsessed with star players and household names, I figured you'd mention that.

I'd also figure that you'd count the Nets as the most disappointing team in the East, seeing as how you pegged them to be the top team in the conference and in the finals right after they got knocked out last year.

Paul George played in the first play in game.  I thought you followed the NBA closer than I did.  Even with him missing the second play in game against the Pelicans the Clippers still had enough talent to win that game.  I'm pretty sure the 76ers will sweep the Raptors since they have nobody that can stop Embiid plus the 76ers have a vastly superior backcourt.

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

Paul George played in the first play in game.  I thought you followed the NBA closer than I did.  Even with him missing the second play in game against the Pelicans the Clippers still had enough talent to win that game.  I'm pretty sure the 76ers will sweep the Raptors since they have nobody that can stop Embiid plus the 76ers have a vastly superior backcourt.

So yes, like I said, the Clips played without Paul and George. You think missing their two most important players, the ones swallowing up the vast majority of the cap and the team is constructed around, are so much more talented than the Pelicans that it didn't matter? I don't just follow the NBA closer than you, I apparently follow a different league. I get that you don't know a thing about CJ McCollum since he was a second round pick stuck in Portland for the longest time, but figured you'd at least heard of Brandon Ingram since he's made an all-star team. Maybe even Lonzo Ball.

But no, Reggie Jackson and Nic Batum were supposed to carry a Clippers squad against a Pelicans team that had won nine of its last 13 games before running into the Grizzlies and Warriors to end the season... and in both games, didn't even dress Ingram or Ball and only played McCollum five minutes against Golden State while both Memphis and Golden State played all of their starters normal minutes, lol.

If you're so sure the Sixers will sweep the Raptors, then bet on it. Sig control, unless you're really feeling confident and want to up the stakes.

Glad my Mavericks got at least one game. I don’t see them winning more than one or two with Luka out. If you have to rely on Maxi hitting 8 three pointers and Brunson having career games, it’s not going to end well on most nights.

On the flip side I gotta wonder what the Jazz coaches were thinking in game two, they made no adjustments as the game went on. It also showcases the fact that if Luka were playing and healthy, this would be like a five game series max.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Glad my Mavericks got at least one game. I don’t see them winning more than one or two with Luka out. If you have to rely on Maxi hitting 8 three pointers and Brunson having career games, it’s not going to end well on most nights.

On the flip side I gotta wonder what the Jazz coaches were thinking in game two, they made no adjustments as the game went on. It also showcases the fact that if Luka were playing and healthy, this would be like a five game series max.

What happened to Luka will be a cautionary tale on why coaches rest players in the last few games of the regular season when their playoff positioning is decided. I wouldn't declare it to be a genteman's sweep though.

burninmylight said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

What happened to Luka will be a cautionary tale on why coaches rest players in the last few games of the regular season when their playoff positioning is decided. I wouldn't declare it to be a genteman's sweep though.

The irony is, he woulda been suspended for that game in which he got injured, except the NBA rescinded that technical. The suspension would have done them a favor lol.

burninmylight said:

So yes, like I said, the Clips played without Paul and George. You think missing their two most important players, the ones swallowing up the vast majority of the cap and the team is constructed around, are so much more talented than the Pelicans that it didn't matter? I don't just follow the NBA closer than you, I apparently follow a different league. I get that you don't know a thing about CJ McCollum since he was a second round pick stuck in Portland for the longest time, but figured you'd at least heard of Brandon Ingram since he's made an all-star team. Maybe even Lonzo Ball.

But no, Reggie Jackson and Nic Batum were supposed to carry a Clippers squad against a Pelicans team that had won nine of its last 13 games before running into the Grizzlies and Warriors to end the season... and in both games, didn't even dress Ingram or Ball and only played McCollum five minutes against Golden State while both Memphis and Golden State played all of their starters normal minutes, lol.

If you're so sure the Sixers will sweep the Raptors, then bet on it. Sig control, unless you're really feeling confident and want to up the stakes.

Since you didn't get it the first time, I have to say it again Paul George played in the first play in game against the Timberwolves.  Not only did he play in that game he actually did pretty good since he had seven rebounds five assists three steals and thirty-four points.  Plus, they had a decent enough lead going into the fourth quarter that they should easily have won the game.   As for the game against the Pelicans they knew well in advantage that George would miss it they had more than enough time to make pre-game adjustments to make up for him not playing.  Plus, both the Clippers and Pelicans had identical 6-4 records in there last ten games going into the play in tournament.  The Clipper actually where the hottest team of the four teams that made the play in tournament in the West since they won five straight.  As for the 76ers the sweep is still on at least the Raptors deserve some minor credit since they forced today's game to go into overtime.

Bulls making it a series! Very interesting!

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

Since you didn't get it the first time, I have to say it again Paul George played in the first play in game against the Timberwolves.  Not only did he play in that game he actually did pretty good since he had seven rebounds five assists three steals and thirty-four points.  Plus, they had a decent enough lead going into the fourth quarter that they should easily have won the game.   As for the game against the Pelicans they knew well in advantage that George would miss it they had more than enough time to make pre-game adjustments to make up for him not playing.  Plus, both the Clippers and Pelicans had identical 6-4 records in there last ten games going into the play in tournament.  The Clipper actually where the hottest team of the four teams that made the play in tournament in the West since they won five straight.  As for the 76ers the sweep is still on at least the Raptors deserve some minor credit since they forced today's game to go into overtime.

Since you don't get it any time, I have to say it again. Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, the two men that the team is built around, missed the most important game of the season. I don't understand how someone who typically reduces his analysis to, "This team has the more popular star, therefore it's better", can't comprehend that. Kawhi Leonard missed the first play-in game... and the season prior to that.

Since you don't get it any time, talking about the Clips and Pels identical 6-4 records doesn't mean anything, because as I said, the Pels pretty much threw their last two games by not playing Brandon Ingram and only playing CJ McCollum five minutes in Game 82 while their opponents played their starters typical minutes. Prior to that, the Pels were 9-4 in their last 13.

Funny how you waited until the Sixers-Raptors game was over to get on here and comment on it. You sure as heck didn't feel confident enough in your hot take to go in on the bet.