By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

"Unless you are super ambidextrous you always need to shoot with your dominant hand Ben Simmons just needs to shoot his shots with his dominant right hand and his shooting and free throw percentage will improve a great deal."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lebron-james-lefty-mixed-handed-11620954356

"Since Durant and Harden will play in the Olympics they will come back with a vengeance next season."

What does the Olympics have to do with that? If anything, that will leave them more worn out from not having a full offseason. Losing in the semifinals should be motivation enough.

"Also I completely agree with Colin Cowherd trading Ben Simmons for Draymond Green makes perfect sense and it would benefit both teams."

I'd love to hear your/Cowherd's take on that. I feel like Draymond Green only worked in that situation he was in, but I may be missing something.

LeBron James is left handed but he is also super ambidextrous since he can use his right hand as much as left hand the video that I posted earlier also mentions James and points out that he can pretty much do everything with his right hand also like bowl or throw a baseball.  By playing in the Olympics they will be in better shape then most players that do nothing in the off season its going to be more beneficial for Harden then Durant though since he started this season out of shape which is not going to be the case next season.  I think the Simmons for Green would work a bit better for Golden State since Simmons pretty much would have the same role as Green has on Golden State now.  For the 76ers Green could have a similar role to Simmons until they find a true point guard.  The Warriors would have to add something else for it to work out financially though.   

"LeBron James is left handed but he is also super ambidextrous since he can use his right hand as much as left hand the video that I posted earlier also mentions James and points out that he can pretty much do everything with his right hand also like bowl or throw a baseball."

Most NBA players are ambidextrous in general. You're taught to dribble and finish layups with both hands from the time you start playing in elementary school. Using the guy who might be the most all-around gifted athlete to ever play the game as your only example isn't saying much, especially when the article gave you several examples of players shooting on their non-dominant hand.

"By playing in the Olympics they will be in better shape then most players that do nothing in the off season its going to be more beneficial for Harden then Durant though since he started this season out of shape which is not going to be the case next season."

Your 90s way of thinking is showing, although to be fair, I will give you credit for Harden's fat ass*, but Durant is one of the modern guys that stays in tip-top shape all-year round. He won't need the Olympics to stay motivated.

"I think the Simmons for Green would work a bit better for Golden State since Simmons pretty much would have the same role as Green has on Golden State now.  For the 76ers Green could have a similar role to Simmons until they find a true point guard.  The Warriors would have to add something else for it to work out financially though."

OK, I can kinda see that. It would absolutely benefit GS more than PHI though. Honestly, PHI needs to move Simmons to PF and find another starting guard regardless, but that's easy for you and I to say. Can you imagine yourself being the one to piss off your max contract all-star by telling them that he now has to guard bigs on a permanent basis?

Also, how many minutes would Green spend at center in PHI? That's a big part of why he worked in GS. I don't think you can put him next to Embiid and have things magically work out, but that's just my initial thought. It would require a ton more restructuring on the part of PHI, which would be tough with their current cap situation.

*STOP

I know someone is going to punish that Quote  button to tell me Harden isn't fat. Yes, he's technically not fat on a level relative to the average person, but he absolutely came into the season out of shape and above playing weight... which is likely why he missed so much time and messed up that hammy in the semifinals. You'd think he'd eventually learn.

Around the Network

Well that sucks Paul George pretty much gave todays game away from the free throw line.

Deandre Ayton has arrived!!
The former U of A Wildcat!
My FELLOW Wildcat!
Bear Down, baby!!! Bear fucking Down!!!

I think the Suns might actually sweep the Clippers now; they already won playoff games at Staples.

Chris Hu said:

I think the Suns might actually sweep the Clippers now; they already won playoff games at Staples.

Depends on if Chris Paul comes back for Game 3. If not, I think that one foes to the Clippers. And they may even the series even if Paul comes back.

This team has already come back from 0-2 twice in this same post-season. Something NO team has ever done before. So, it’d be foolish to count them out now, even without Kawhi Leonard.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
Chris Hu said:

Depends on if Chris Paul comes back for Game 3. If not, I think that one foes to the Clippers. And they may even the series even if Paul comes back.

This team has already come back from 0-2 twice in this same post-season. Something NO team has ever done before. So, it’d be foolish to count them out now, even without Kawhi Leonard.

Devin Booker had an off game that is also a reason the Clippers had a chance to win game two I don't think he will have two back to back off games if he scores over 20 points the Suns are pretty much guaranteed to win game three.  Plus I'm pretty sure Bridges and Crowder will score more then seven points combined in game three. 

Crowder to Ayton! BANG!

Wow, tense final moments!

Well, now that that crazy Giants-Angels baseball game is over. (Can't my Giants ever just win a game without any crazy drama or is that too much to ask?!) Time to watch the Hawks-Bucks, Game 1!

PAOerfulone said:

Well, now that that crazy Giants-Angels baseball game is over. (Can't my Giants ever just win a game without any crazy drama or is that too much to ask?!) Time to watch the Hawks-Bucks, Game 1!

From one crazy game to another!

Man, I remember seeing that the Sixers were up by 20 on the Hawks early in the 3rd of Game 7 and thinking it was over, then being shocked to find out the Hawks came back from 26 down to win it. Their run is something you'd expect out of lame feel good sports movie you'd see on the Disney channel, like Angels in the Outfield or something.

A Suns-Hawks Finals series is definitely one I can get behind! Two teams that NOBODY expected to be there, even with how good the Suns were doing this year. It'd be like the Cubs-Indians World Series 5 years ago!

Edit: Trae Young and Devin Booker are just built different. Both disciples of the Kobe school of Mamba Mentality! Just makes my heart burst with joy seeing what those two are doing and that we could possibly see those two go head to head for the ultimate prize.