Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

Kevin Fucking Durant.

Jesus Christ, man…

Around the Network

Holy shit Kevin Durant...

OF COURSE, it’s going to OT!!!!

Well, that’s a damn shame.
KD just ran out of gas.

Meh, that's what happens when you try to build a super team, you have to rely too hard on the stars. Always great to see the super teams fail.

Around the Network

As a Brooklyn Nets fan I'm devastated.

You couldn't ask anymore of Durant though. He was near perfect.

I wish this team did not take so many three point attempts.

He definitely should have drove towards the basket on that last possession.

I hate sports.

*Cries*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

PAOerfulone said:
Nuvendil said:

Yep, Kevin Durant went crazy.

And coach Budenholzer had a cunning strategy for this occasion. Recognizing he had a former DPOY and All Defensive First Team forward on his team, he took the innovative strategy of having him guard Durant precisely 0 minutes throughout the game.

It was a bold strategy for sure Cotton. Can't see why it didn't pay off.

On one hand, you don’t want your best player guarding the other team’s beat player for an extended period of time because you don’t have want to risk him getting into foul trouble. But during the stretches when KD was clearly heating up, then I agree, why not put Giannis on him for a few possessions to try and slow him down?

Giannis actually isn't that great of a perimeter defender (not bad, just not his strength and not the reason he won DPOY). He can have trouble with guards/wings that force a lot of lateral movement out there.

This is not really a knock on Giannis or coming to the defense of Coach Bud, what I'm really saying is that there is no good answer for Kevin Durant.

Signalstar said:

I hate sports.

*Cries*

He couldn't drive because he was out of gas, played the entire game and looked exhausted in ot

Signalstar said:

I hate sports.

*Cries*

The Bucks won the series, but KD is the MVP. He scored nearly half of your team's entire points tonight, and all series long, hit clutch shot after clutch shot after clutch shot. He's going to get Bruce Brown paid, and fool some GM into thinking Blake Griffin has a bit left.

I mean, Giannis was great too, but like you said, Durant was near perfect. Like, I could nitpick some turnovers or fouls, but ultimately, the Nets lost this game because his toes were on the three-point line on his big ass shot that would have won the game in regulation!

Well that sucks but it hard to win a game when no one on the bench scores any points even if all your starters play great.