By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

That Philly crowd has that look on their collective face that says: "What the fuck just happened?"

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 16 June 2021

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:

What Ben Simmons hears at the free throw line:

Spoiler!

Lol good one, but Tobias Harris deserves a good chunk of the blame for todays lose also.  Wells the Hawks can win this series in six now and even if it goes seven they still have a good chance of winning the series.

Chris Hu said:
Shaunodon said:

What Ben Simmons hears at the free throw line:

Spoiler!

Lol good one, but Tobias Harris deserves a good chunk of the blame for todays lose also.  Wells the Hawks can win this series in six now and even if it goes seven they still have a good chance of winning the series.

There's a reason Simmons had 14FT attempts and Harris had 0. However bad Tobias Harris is playing, he's never a complete liability in close games. 4 shot attempts for your no.2 guy is pathetic. People were shaming the Hawks on twitter for hack-a-Ben'ing while down 20, but that literally kept them in the game. As soon as Embiid goes cold, the Sixers have no offense.

But christ, how damn sad were the Wizards they couldn't beat this team without Embiid. I'm a fan of Westbrook and a part inside me dies every postseason. Just retire Russ, you have enough triple-doubles.

There's going to be a 30 for 30 one day about a team that had back-to-back no.1 picks in the draft, and drafted two point guards with broken shooting motions.

Shaunodon said:
Chris Hu said:

There's a reason Simmons had 14FT attempts and Harris had 0. However bad Tobias Harris is playing, he's never a complete liability in close games. 4 shot attempts for your no.2 guy is pathetic. People were shaming the Hawks on twitter for hack-a-Ben'ing while down 20, but that literally kept them in the game. As soon as Embiid goes cold, the Sixers have no offense.

But christ, how damn sad were the Wizards they couldn't beat this team without Embiid. I'm a fan of Westbrook and a part inside me dies every postseason. Just retire Russ, you have enough triple-doubles.

Don't think Russ is going to retire anytime soon, but I agree with you the Wizards should have at least won two games against the 76ers they didn't take advantage of Simmons beyond terrible free throw shooting percentage.  

Around the Network

Well the Clippers still have chance to win the series but if Kawhi Leonard is out of the playoffs with a torn ACL they pretty much have no chance to win it all.

No Kawhi no worries PG13 played brilliantly both ends

Even if it only turns out to be an ACL Sprain and they finish of the Jazz in Game 6, it's still going to take somewhere between 2-4 weeks for Kawhi to get back on the court. Which could very well take him out for the entire Conference Finals. With Chris Paul out for how long because of COVID, both teams would likely be down 1 star for the first 1-2 games of the series. In which case, I'd give the slight edge to the Clippers since they have the deeper roster than the Suns. So for Phoenix' sake, they better hope Chris Paul doesn't have to be out any longer than he has to.

I am shocked this morning. Went to bed thinking this is an easy win for the 76s. These playoffs continue to surprise.

pmaster4 said:

I am shocked this morning. Went to bed thinking this is an easy win for the 76s. These playoffs continue to surprise.

I was watching it live, and even when they were up by 20+ I kept thinking, 'if Embiid's legs give out in the second half (again), this could still go either way'. Don't think it's too surprising all things considered.

Also, in a fair world where the NBA media wasn't blatantly biased, people might re-examine the way Doc's bench units keep blowing leads, and remember how exactly the Clippers blew those huge leads in games 5 and 6 against the Nuggets, instead of 'Kawhi didn't show up in game 7'. As if the rest of the team hadn't already quit on him.