By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

PAOerfulone said:
Nuvendil said:

Or he could hit up Anthony Davis, he's got plenty of time to chat about how not a good idea that is.

Or if I'm the Steve Nash or the Nets coaching staff, I could tell him to sit the fuck down and fully recover - "I don't care how badly you want to be out there, James. You can bitch, cry, and moan all you want. You're out." 

*Harden says he wants to play in Game 5. Nash turns his head to look at Harden's prognosis*

Nash: "I don't care how badly you want to be out there, James. You can bitch, cry, and moan all you want. You're-

*Nash looks up to see his office door swinging, with Harden nowhere to be found*

Nash: -out..."

*Five seconds later,  he gets a text message from Harden in an Atlantic City strip joint*

Harden: "You da man, Coach!"

Around the Network

KD activated beast mode tonight and Harden played over 45 minutes so I'm thinking he is good to go for game six also.

KEVIN DURANT IS A BASKETBALL GOD!

What a comeback at Barclays!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

KD: "Did y'all muthafuckas forget who I am?!?"

Yep, Kevin Durant went crazy.

And coach Budenholzer had a cunning strategy for this occasion. Recognizing he had a former DPOY and All Defensive First Team forward on his team, he took the innovative strategy of having him guard Durant precisely 0 minutes throughout the game.

It was a bold strategy for sure Cotton. Can't see why it didn't pay off.

Last edited by Nuvendil - on 16 June 2021

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

Yep, Kevin Durant went crazy.

And coach Budenholzer had a cunning strategy for this occasion. Recognizing he had a former DPOY and All Defensive First Team forward on his team, he took the innovative strategy of having him guard Durant precisely 0 minutes throughout the game.

It was a bold strategy for sure Cotton. Can't see why it didn't pay off.

On one hand, you don’t want your best player guarding the other team’s beat player for an extended period of time because you don’t have want to risk him getting into foul trouble. But during the stretches when KD was clearly heating up, then I agree, why not put Giannis on him for a few possessions to try and slow him down?

Leonard injured... Ouch, could be the nail for Clippers.

CP3 is out due to COVID.

Nuvendil said:

Man this season has just sucked with injuries. Lakers, Hornets, Suns, Nuggets, Sixers, Celtics, and it's only continuing in the playoffs. At this rate the home stretch of these playoffs is going to come down to who can stay in one piece.

I meant this mostly as a hyperbolic joke, but it's beginning to seem prophetic...

What Ben Simmons hears at the free throw line:

Spoiler!