By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

Go Bucks! Make it interesting!

Around the Network

Looks like the Suns have a smooth path to the WCF.

I should start looking out for tickets!!!

burninmylight said:
pmaster4 said:

After the first quarter, I thought the Bucks would have a chance to make things interesting but then I saw the second quarter. The Bucks ended up winning the game but I just don't have faith in this going more than 5 games, the Nets just seem dominant at times. 

The Bucks managed to make Brooklyn's two stars look somewhat mortal for the first quarter and large periods of the second half - not going to say that they bottled them up or anything implying that Irving and Durant couldn't have popped the lid off at any time. Durant was 11-28, and Irving was 9-22. Every team in the league will take those shooting numbers from them on any given night.

Not only that, but a lot of the shots that Nets role players were hitting left and right in the first two games weren't going there way last night. League leading 3P% Joe Harris was 1-7 from behind the arc and 1-11 overall. Blake Griffin only took three 3s in the game, whereas he made four in Game 1. Man, Bruce Brown had the game of his life though. He was freaking killing it in the second. After the Bucks built up a 21-point lead, he was largely responsible for getting it back down to single digits when he and Durant kept running the same play over and over to get him clean looks right at the goal. Finished with 16 points and 11 rebounds.

The Bucks also finally got the rebounding  battle in their favor. Blake Griffin doing his best Rodman impersonation those first two games, but the Bucks outrebounded the Nets 56-50 and shut off the pump on all of those second chance points they were getting in the first two games. They weren't going to win a single game allowing the greatest offense in the league today so many extra opportunities.

Still, because Giannis personally hates me, he felt the need to take eight 3s last night, most of them with at least 15 seconds on the shotclock or so. And Lopez was once again relegated to being a lowly pleb hanging out on the elbow or above the break instead of gashing his defender in the post like he had no problem doing in Game 1. He had JOE FREAKING HARRIS on him at various points, and I'm screaming at Coach Bud and the Bucks to get him the ball!

I cape up for Giannis a lot on t his site, mostly because of a certain person who pretends to know basketball yet clearly doesn't watch a minute of it,  but I will be the first one to say that he is an 82-game player, not a 16-game player. That booty of his gets super-clinched in June, where he suddenly forgets how to shoot free throws, or even get them above the rim. All of the good habits he's spent the season working on, like finding open teammates when there's a wall in front of him, or a few shot types we think he's added to his arsenal all go out of the window, and he goes back to caveman ball. The Bucks cannot win a championship as currently constructed, and Giannis is not a #1 on a championship team as currently constituted.

Don't kid yourself I'm pretty sure I have been watching basketball longer then you have since the early 90s to be more precise.

Its pretty much official this years Sun team is the second best Suns team ever. Don't think the Suns team that got to the finals in 1976 was that good. Don't think any of the Nash and Stoudemire Suns where better. So only the Barkley lead team that lost to Bulls in the 1993 finals was better.

Chris Hu said:

Its pretty much official this years Sun team is the second best Suns team ever. Don't think the Suns team that got to the finals in 1976 was that good. Don't think any of the Nash and Stoudemire Suns where better. So only the Barkley lead team that lost to Bulls in the 1993 finals was better.

Idk...those mid 2000 Suns were pretty damn good when they were firing on all cylinders. 

Around the Network

Clippers chose 'do' over 'die' tonight. Going 0-3 was not an option.

Clippers need to win the next three in a row to have a legit chance to make it to the WCF. Donovan Mitchell getting slightly injured today makes it a bit easier to pull it off.

And depending on how serious Mitchell's injury is, the Jazz have may have just become the underdogs of this series despite being up 2-1.

Chris Hu said:

Clippers need to win the next three in a row to have a legit chance to make it to the WCF. Donovan Mitchell getting slightly injured today makes it a bit easier to pull it off.

My older brother once said, "You need to be a very special kind of team in order to win a Game 7 on the road."

I take it you don't think the Clippers are that team?

PAOerfulone said:
Chris Hu said:

My older brother once said, "You need to be a very special kind of team in order to win a Game 7 on the road."

I take it you don't think the Clippers are that team?

I don't think there that team; also I don't think any team ever won two back to back seven games series.