By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

Well besides being blind and don't knowing how to use the internet you also don't get satire and comedy then if you can't realize that Family Guy is one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

Around the Network

Can't help but be sad for Chris Paul. Highly unlikely he'll get another crack at that elusive title. Still though, heck of a playoff run he had at 36. Hopefully he's able to reflect upon it in a positive light once all the dust settles.

That said, while I am sad for CP3, it's also hard not to be happy for the Bucks. They really came together, and played by far their best basketball in the Finals, when it mattered. Giannis came back within a week from what looked like it was going to be a devastating injury, and pretty much lit the world on fire. Even down 0-2, total never say die attitude. You gotta respect, and applaud it.

Chris Hu said:

Well besides being blind and don't knowing how to use the internet you also don't get satire and comedy then if you can't realize that Family Guy is one of the greatest TV shows of all time.

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

MY TINY OKLAHOMAN BRAIN CANNOT COMPREHEND THE INTENSITY OF WHAT IS HAPPENING

Shouldn't you be rooting for the Thunder or Sooners then.

Lol, are you so at a loss for shit to talk that this is the best you can come up with? Is that anus so deep and wide that the Milwaukee championship parade can run through it?

Hey brah, my team is the undisputed NBA champion of the world. To be honest, it's kind of embarrassing to be seen mingling with F-listers like yourself. We stackz more paper than you, we getz more ho's than you, our carz knock your ugly ass bucket off the road, we turn guano into gold while you out there trickin' on the side of the road, we ballin'.

Step ya game up. Get off my sack and get on this level. U can't C me. U hate me cuz U ain't me. So I'ma be over here flossin' and bossin', mackin on your women, while you sit at home begging people to look at your gamer card and pretending to be a morbidly obese middle-aged cartoon man, because he somehow has a better life than yours.

I'm done with losers. We witnessed the apotheosis of a Greek God last night, and I too have ascended to a higher plane. In fact, I no longer can see haters. Hater? Hater, are you there? Where da hater go?

Angelus said:

Can't help but be sad for Chris Paul. Highly unlikely he'll get another crack at that elusive title. Still though, heck of a playoff run he had at 36. Hopefully he's able to reflect upon it in a positive light once all the dust settles.

That said, while I am sad for CP3, it's also hard not to be happy for the Bucks. They really came together, and played by far their best basketball in the Finals, when it mattered. Giannis came back within a week from what looked like it was going to be a devastating injury, and pretty much lit the world on fire. Even down 0-2, total never say die attitude. You gotta respect, and applaud it.

Chris Paul might be my favorite point guard of all time, from an on-the-court perspective. My favorite is technically going to be some scrub named Lee Mayberry (really awesome guy, but gotta be honest with myself, he was a nobody in the NBA) who is from my hometown and was drafted by Milwaukee in the early 90s, and that's how I became a Bucks fan.

Anyways, given the number of great players that never even make it to the finals, let alone win it, I can't feel too terrible for him. I feel like he at least shut up a lot of his naysayers about either never coming up big enough in the playoffs, or not even being there in the first place. I still have a Paul jersey from his OKC Hornets days that I wear proudly, and he and LBJ are the guys whose careers I kind of use as waypoints for my life, given we're all around the same age.

If the Bucks were going to lose to anybody in the playoffs, I would have wanted it to be the Suns (or Jazz, Nuggets or Blazers). I'm glad that those guys made some noise and I'd love to see them come back hungry and focused next year, and that Paul surprises us by staying relatively healthy and having hardly lost another step.

Angelus said:

Yeah unless he ops out of the final year of his contract and signs with another contender (Lakers) this was pretty much his last great chance of winning a title as a starter.  He could still eventually win a title riding the bench on championship team like Gary Payton did with the '06 Heat.

Around the Network

My not so bold prediction for the 2022 NBA Finals Warriors versus Nets. The Nets just need to stay healthy and tweak their bench a bit. The Warriors need Klay to come back healthy, Curry have a decent season. Draft somebody decent at the number 7 spot and use the 14th pick and someone else from their roster to trade for another top level player.

Bucks were the best team this season.

I am happy for Brook Lopez though I wanted him to win a title with the Nets.

I respect Greek Freak for doing it with his original team and not trying to join a super team.

Hope the Nets go all the way next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Since the Lakers got Russ they will at least go to the WCF next season. Golden State still has more pieces to eventually have a much better roster then the Lakers. Looks like Ben Simmons is staying with the 76ers since they want the moon for him from other teams. I think Pascal Siakam is available that is who the Warriors should go after.

Honestly, Russell Westbrook is a terrible fit for the Lakers. Unless ge can prove to be a much better pure point guard than he seems.

Imho, the Lakers whole strategy of pursuing a point guard has been flawed from the beginning because they already HAVE one of if not the best point guard in the league. His name is Lebron James. They won a championship behind him as their point guard and I feel putting him more squarelt at the point will help his increase his longevity.  But for some reason that is beyond me they refuse to replicate that. They should have been looking for a 2 guard or a small forward, not a point guard.

Edit:  Also, the Lakers biggesr struggle is 3pt shooting and they just gave up two guys who shot 41% and 36% last season for a guy who just shot 31% and whose highest ever 3pt percentage was 34%.  

Last edited by Nuvendil - on 29 July 2021

Nuvendil said:

Honestly, Russell Westbrook is a terrible fit for the Lakers. Unless ge can prove to be a much better pure point guard than he seems.

Imho, the Lakers whole strategy of pursuing a point guard has been flawed from the beginning because they already HAVE one of if not the best point guard in the league. His name is Lebron James. They won a championship behind him as their point guard and I feel putting him more squarelt at the point will help his increase his longevity.  But for some reason that is beyond me they refuse to replicate that. They should have been looking for a 2 guard or a small forward, not a point guard.

Edit:  Also, the Lakers biggesr struggle is 3pt shooting and they just gave up two guys who shot 41% and 36% last season for a guy who just shot 31% and whose highest ever 3pt percentage was 34%.  

Amen to most of that. I'd prefer LeBron on the wing with another ball handler and distributor at PG as well, but that guy is not Westbrook.

We already saw how Westbrook struggled in an offense where he didn't have the ball in his hand all of the time and didn't have floor spacers surrounding him in Houston. Not sure why he'd suddenly become a more traditional PG or drastically change his game this late into his career. And no one who actually watches NBA b-ball and just goes off of big househould names thinks that Westbrook is a better perimeter defender than either of the guys that went out or Schroeder. I really don't get how this makes LAL better.

Feels like they are right back to their original problems of LeBron's first year in LA, where they had no floor spacing and defenses could just pack the paint and dare them to shoot their way out of it.

Last edited by burninmylight - on 30 July 2021