Forums - Sports Discussion - 2020 NBA Playoffs - Conference Finals

oh bloody hell Nuggets, just lose already! You won't have a chance against Lakers! I hate lebron and I believe only Clippers can beat them!!

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
NightlyPoe said:
The bubble has brought a lot of teams who came to make a statement:

1. Miami takes out the Bucks
2. Denver drags the Clippers to Game 7
3. Oklahoma drags the Rockets to Game 7
4. Portland plays the best basketball in the restart before running out of gas
5. Dallas has a strong series against the Clippers despite losing Porzingis

Maybe most of them couldn't finish off their prey, but they sure did make a run at better teams.

Actually the Phoenix Suns where the hottest team in the bubble before the playoffs started they finished their season with eight wins in a row and tied the Raptors by being 9 and 1 in their final ten games.

You're right.  I completely forgot about the Suns.

Let's go Heat! Hell of a game 1.

Also kudos to the Nuggets. Can't believe they actually pulled off another 3-1 comeback. Has that ever been done before? Digging yourself out of back to back 3-1 holes? I mean fucking hell, 7 of their last 10 games have been elimination games....talk about pressure.

Davis making strides in getting that "can't play in the 4th" monkey off his back.

AD! Clutch!

Around the Network

Lakers will probably sweep the series now. The Celtics might still have chance against the Heat.

This may sound like a conspiracy theory, but I’m pretty sure the league is going to try and give the edge to Boston over Miami so that we end up with a Lakers-Celtics Finals matchup.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

PAOerfulone said:

This may sound like a conspiracy theory, but I’m pretty sure the league is going to try and give the edge to Boston over Miami so that we end up with a Lakers-Celtics Finals matchup.

The reason the Celtics have a chace now is because Hayward is back.  There is a very high chance the Heat and the Celtics will meet again in next years eastern conference finals.  The Heat should be just as good next season and the Celtics could be even better depending on what they do with the three first round draft picks they have in the upcoming draft.

Chris Hu said:
PAOerfulone said:

The reason the Celtics have a chace now is because Hayward is back.  There is a very high chance the Heat and the Celtics will meet again in next years eastern conference finals.  The Heat should be just as good next season and the Celtics could be even better depending on what they do with the three first round draft picks they have in the upcoming draft.

True, granted Hayward still isn't 100%, but he gives them a much needed offensive weapon that can take pressure off of Walker, Brown, and Tatum. Who have each had stretches where they just can't buy a bucket.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)