Forums - Sports Discussion - 2020 NBA Playoffs - Conference Finals

Luka Doncic with the shot!

Around the Network

We've got our first 2nd round match up already.
The Raptors and Celtics finished off their sweeps and are prepared to do battle in the Eastern Conference Semis. And it looks like the Miami Heat aren't too far behind. The OKC Thunder are putting up a fight against the Houston Rockets. The Utah Jazz are in firm control of the Denver Nuggets and will look to finish the job in Game 5. The Dallas Mavericks have proven to be a match for the LA Clippers as that series may go the distance. And the Milwaukee Bucks and LA Lakers have regained control of their series and are back on track to making their predicted Finals' matchup.

Tomorrow's Games:

Bucks/Magic - Game 4
Rockets/Thunder - Game 4
Pacers/Heat - Game 4
Lakers/Trail Blazers - Game 4

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Inside the NBA and the Double Standard of Racism

I think the Heat have a decent chance in eliminating the Bucks in the next round that extra days rest doesn't hurt either. The Celtics will have a slight edge againt the Raptors early in the series since Lowrey could miss some games.

Chris Hu said:
I think the Heat have a decent chance in eliminating the Bucks in the next round that extra days rest doesn't hurt either. The Celtics will have a slight edge againt the Raptors early in the series since Lowrey could miss some games.

I had Celtics coming out of the east, but without Hayward they may struggle to pass the Raptors. I don't see Heat giving Bucks too many issues.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Chris Hu said:

I had Celtics coming out of the east, but without Hayward they may struggle to pass the Raptors. I don't see Heat giving Bucks too many issues.

The Heat are a better defensive team and they have a better head coach people sure like to forget that Spoelstra has two titles.

Chris Hu said:
Shaunodon said:

The Heat are a better defensive team and they have a better head coach people sure like to forget that Spoelstra has two titles.

Mate, if I coached a team with D-Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen and prime LeBron, I'd have two titles too. They also do not have a better defense than the Bucks.

Shaunodon said:
Chris Hu said:

Mate, if I coached a team with D-Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen and prime LeBron, I'd have two titles too. They also do not have a better defense than the Bucks.

Those stats are pretty much meaningless since playoff basketball is a whole different animal then the regular season.  Also Spoelstra was one of the key assistant coaches when the Heat won the title in 2006 so actually he has tree rings but people like to forget that also.

The Milwaukee Bucks are refusing to take the court for Game 5 as an act of protest over the shooting of Jacob Blake.

This is a landmark moment right here. Donald Sterling is child’s play compared to this.

How the rest of the teams, the rest of the league, the owners, and Adam Silver respond to this will seriously impact the political and civil landscape of this country. A lot will be riding on their next move.
One thing is for sure: The era/fantasy of keeping sports out of politics/civil issues and vice-versa are over.

Edit: We have the teams’ answers. The NBA and NBAPA released a joint statement. All 3 playoff games that were scheduled for today have been postponed in support of the Bucks’ decision to protest. 

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 26 August 2020