By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

Snoopy said:
Holy crap, this week is a cash cow for betting.

Broncos vs (1.5) Jets - Take the broncos
Ravens (-13) vs washington - Take the ravens
Cardinals (-3). vs panthers - Take the cardinals
Steelers (-1) at titans - Take the steelers
Saints (-4) at Lions - take the saints.
Sea hawks (-6.5) at dolphins - take the hawks.
Browns vs cowboys (- 4.5) - take the cowboys
falcons at greenbay (-7) - take the packers.

You are very welcome.

Welp, there goes one of my games. Still confident in my picks overall. About to retire in Hawaii. 

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Snoopy said:
Holy crap, this week is a cash cow for betting.

Broncos vs (1.5) Jets - Take the broncos
Ravens (-13) vs washington - Take the ravens
Cardinals (-3). vs panthers - Take the cardinals
Steelers (-1) at titans - Take the steelers
Saints (-4) at Lions - take the saints.
Sea hawks (-6.5) at dolphins - take the hawks.
Browns vs cowboys (- 4.5) - take the cowboys
falcons at greenbay (-7) - take the packers.

You are very welcome.

Welp, there goes one of my games. Still confident in my picks overall. About to retire in Hawaii. 

1 - 0 so far this week. Expect to be 7-0 at the end of this week.

With Pittsburgh-Tennesse officially delayed out of week 4, my vote for interesting game/bonus point this week goes to Dallas-Cleveland, or Indianapolis-Chicago (one of the few tough picks this week).

The Jets have a legitimate shot at going 0-16 and the Giants aren't that much better either.

I am sad that I didn't pick the Jets for draft pick. I picked the Colts only because they were literally the last team in my memory, I couldn't recall them for the life of me. I figured they had to be irrelevant, but then I realized they picked up Phillip Rivers.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Farsala said:
I am sad that I didn't pick the Jets for draft pick. I picked the Colts only because they were literally the last team in my memory, I couldn't recall them for the life of me. I figured they had to be irrelevant, but then I realized they picked up Phillip Rivers.

I didn't look up how clear the win of the Broncos was, but even if the Jets scored most of their points during garbage time, that's still better than in previous weeks when they couldn't even do that. Apparently Flacco had to play as QB for the Jets, didn't even know that he was with them this season. Should be an upgrade over Darnold though. Still, their schedule is tough, so there aren't many realistic opportunities for them to win games.

Now for the decision regarding which game will net a bonus point in the prediction league:

The most votes were for Browns vs. Cowboys and Colts vs. Bears, but the former game has an 8-2 split in favor of Dallas after 10 sets of picks have come in. That's the same as Bills vs. Raiders (Bills favored) and worse than Vikings vs. Texans (4-6 split). Colts vs. Bears has an even 5-5 split, so it's a rather easy call to make and therefore goes in the thread title, so that everyone can tell right away. The usual rule for changing picks applies, so if anyone has second thoughts on the game, they are free to change their prediction until kickoff time.

Jaguars vs. Bengals also has an even 5-5 split in picks, but teams that play for the playoffs should always have priority when the bonus point game has to be flexed.

I didn't look up the game either, it's even worse than I thought.

The Broncos apparently threw 3 interceptions, the Jets threw 0 interceptions. Similar yardage, First downs and time of posession. The Broncos still won by more than a TD as a trash team.

So far, I only lost one bet this year (Arizona and Detroit game). I am 6 and 1 hoping to double my lead this weekend. Scared about the Cowboys and Browns games as this is a make it or break it game for the boys.

DEN-NYJ 1 BAL-WAS 1 PIT-TEN LAC-TB 2
SEA-MIA 1 MIN-HOU 2 NO-DET 2 CLE-DAL 2
JAX-CIN 2 IND-CHI 1 ARI-CAR 1 NYG-LAR 2
BUF-LV 1 NE-KC PHI-SF 2 ATL-GB 2

DEN-NYJ BAL-WAS 1 PIT-TEN  :( LAC-TB 2
SEA-MIA 1 MIN-HOU 2 NO-DET 1 CLE-DAL 2
JAX-CIN 2 IND-CHI 1 ARI-CAR 1 NYG-LAR 2
BUF-LV 1 NE-KC 2 PHI-SF 2 ATL-GB 2

I was supposed to go to the Minny vs. Houston game this week, but then Covid. :(