By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

Farsala said:

Be well aware, I have picked against the Cardinals. So they will win this week.

Well fuck, now I might have to switch it around

But Rol said he isn't gonna count ARI games staring this week :D

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
BYECLE-TEN2WAS-PIT2LV-NYJ1
JAX-MIN2CIN-MIA2IND-HOU1DET-CHI2
NO-ATL2NYG-SEA2LAR-ARI2NE-LAC1
PHI-GB2DEN-KC2DAL-BALBUF-SF1

RolStoppable said:
RolStoppable said:
NO-ATL2NYG-SEA2LAR-ARI1NE-LAC1
PHI-GB2DEN-KC2DAL-BAL2BUF-SF1

Not many opportunities for probable upsets this week. I'd have liked to take the Chargers, but their art of losing games is second to none. So instead I'll put my fate once again in the hands of the Falcons, because you never really know what you'll get with them.

I spent the most time trying to decide who to pick in these matchups. Cam Newton has a 4-9 TD to INT ratio, and if it was any other West coast team I might go against NE, but it's the Chargers.

Taysom Hill was the second coming of Tim Tebow last week, and the Falcons defense has been traditionally strong when facing Alvin Kamara. Despite that, it's the Falcons, so of course Hill will throw for 300 yards and four TDs this week. And I'm picking them like the fool I am.

RolStoppable said:
RolStoppable said:
NO-ATL2NYG-SEA2LAR-ARI1NE-LAC1
PHI-GB2DEN-KC2DAL-BAL2BUF-SF1

Not many opportunities for probable upsets this week. I'd have liked to take the Chargers, but their art of losing games is second to none. So instead I'll put my fate once again in the hands of the Falcons, because you never really know what you'll get with them.

Bro are we even watching the same league? This week is upset up the A$$ week. ATL, CLE, WAS, HOU, DAL, NYJ (ok this one is a stretch but I'm taking last year's beat down as a pre cursor), and several toss-ups. This is gonna be a week full of surprises.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I came back here to make changes with my picks, but I guess I don't have the balls to pull the trigger on any upsets. I really do see Andy and the 'boys upsetting a brittle Ravens team. Andy Dalton is very familiar with the Ravens defense.

Maybe I have tunnel vision because it's my division, but I also see WAS upsetting PIT. Ben is injured and questionable tomorrow.

Around the Network

The only reason I didn't switch to the Browns over Titans is because I didn't want to be perceived as a homer (I am pretty insecure about weird things, no joke) but holy shit Baker is making a statement.

Man, the Browns are kicking ass right now and Baker Mayfield is having the game of his career.
4 TDs and 200+ yds passing in just the first half. He’s on pace for an NFL single game record for TDs and 400+ passing.

And without Odell too.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 06 December 2020

PAOerfulone said:

Man, the Browns are kicking ass right now and Baker Mayfield is having the game of his career.
4 TDs and 200+ yds passing in just the first half. He’s on pace for an NFL single game record for TDs and 400+ passing.

And without Odell too.

But the Browns have an atrocious secondary. Denzel Ward is out so TEN can easily come back if they play smart... as they just scored a second TD in 6 minutes as I type this. Tannehill will carve the Browns secondary up in this second half.

Wooooo! come on Jets! Give us that upset!

I know teams with cushion leads are trained to ease up on defense to allow the losing team to eat-up their own clock but what the fuck Cleveland? I swear after a superb first half performance you pull a typical Browns move. I swear if that fumble was a possession earlier, they would have lost. Leave to bone-headed Baker to get in his own way of having the greatest 1st hal performance of his career.
This win is tasteless.

A lions upset was not the upset I was predicting lol