By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

BYE BYE ATL-CAR 2 PIT-BAL 2
LAR-MIA 1 NYJ-KC 2 MIN-GB 2 IND-DET 1
LV-CLE 2 TEN-CIN 1 NE-BUF 2 LAC-DEN 1
SF-SEA 1 NO-CHI 1 DAL-PHI 2 TB-NYG 1

The classics SF-SEA and PIT-BAL, with all 4 teams doing quite well.

Around the Network
LV-CLE 1 TEN-CIN 1 NE-BUF 2 LAC-DEN 1
SF-SEA 2 NO-CHI 1 DAL-PHI 2 TB-NYG 1

BYE BYE ATL-CAR 2 PIT-BAL 1
LV-CLE 2 TEN-CIN 1 NE-BUF 2 LAC-DEN 1
SF-SEA 1 NO-CHI 2 DAL-PHI 2 TB-NYG 1

LV-CLE 1 TEN-CIN 1 NE-BUF 2 LAC-DEN 1
SF-SEA 2 NO-CHI 1 DAL-PHI 2 TB-NYG 1

I'll take the Panthers tonight

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I pick the Carolina Panthers for tonight's game. I was considering to take the Falcons, but that has backfired too often this season already.

I'll decide the bonus point game tomorrow. Currently it looks like I could have done no wrong this week with Steelers vs. Ravens, Raiders vs. Browns and Seahawks vs. 49ers all having a 5-3 split after eight submissions. It doesn't help that my gut feeling on all three games is the same, so my own picks wouldn't change any of the splits.

When in doubt, always go with a Seahawks game. They're always determined by one score, so it's pretty much gonna be 50/50 every time.

I'll take panthers tonight. I'll do rest of picks tomorrow.

Wtf... Falcons finally show up to play against a mediocre panthers team. I swear about to give up but I'll stick with prediction season. All I know is fuck all the other teams. Mahomes is the best qb and chiefs will go to another super bowl.

sethnintendo said:
Wtf... Falcons finally show up to play against a mediocre panthers team. I swear about to give up but I'll stick with prediction season. All I know is fuck all the other teams. Mahomes is the best qb and chiefs will go to another super bowl.

No surprise to me, after all I did permanently give up on the Falcons for the season. Now they will start winning.

Metallox said:
Why is Tua Tagovailoa becoming a starter for the Dolphins such a big deal? I sincerely don't know.

At first I was strongly against it because Fitzmagic was winning, but after some thought, they have to. Too much pressure to let carry on into the next season on the rookie. Burrow is doing fantastic in Cincinnati, Justin Hubert is making a name for himself with the Chargers. Basically his peers are getting real NFL experience while he's sitting on the sideline. I don't care who you are, that shit will effect you mentally. The coaches were smart to recognize this. Furthermore if they waited til next year he will be judged based on his peers who again have a 1 year head start.

Also, I believe Miami wants to prove to themselves that their QB is just as great as the other rookie QBs ... or they wanna know if they have a dud. I mean there's no excuse. Burrow has no offensive line and he's playing like a beast. What would Tua's excuse be?

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson