By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Week 12 Gameday

I pick the Arizona Cardinals for tonight's game.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

BYEBYEARI-SEA1CIN-WAS1
ATL-NO2PIT-JAX1NE-HOU2PHI-CLE2
DET-CAR1TEN-BAL2NYJ-LAC2MIA-DEN1
DAL-MIN2GB-IND1KC-LV1LAR-TB1

Full hunch mode this week.

Chris Hu said:
noname2200 said:
Chris Hu said:
noname2200 said:
Actually, just like Josh Rosen's career, my season is indeed a lost cause. But, just like Josh Rosen, I'm going to pretend otherwise and play out the string anyways.

Sam Darnold is going to join him soon in the lost cause NFL careers.  As far as QB go 2010 and 2013 where the worst two drafts in that category in recent history.  Last year was pretty bad also since Kyler Murrary will probably end up the only good QB in the draft.

Last year is even worse for me: as an A's fan, I'm actively rooting for Kyler Murray to bomb and fail, so it's really just salt in the wound for me!

Kyler Murray picking football over baseball was the absolute right choice.  Since he is a pretty mobile QB he will probably have a very long career.  Plus he will be one of the top paid QB eventually also.  Plus he will make way more money in endorsements as a football player then he ever could have made as a baseball player.

It may have been the right choice for him, sure, but since it cost my team a top draft pick and a great player I am still okay with his career following the same trajectory as Sonic's.

noname2200 said:
hatmoza said:

The problem with the NO and ATL game is I dunno anything about Brees' backup. It's a tough pick.

My picks are above.

Regarding the quote: isn't Jameis Winston set to start, or did I miss something?

Oh. Then why the hell did my lazy google search that day tell me the backup was Taysom Hill XD

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I'm contractually obligated to pick my Seahawks to win this game......but I don't like it lol

Around the Network
BYEBYEARI-SEA2CIN-WAS1
ATL-NO2PIT-JAX1NE-HOU1PHI-CLE2
DET-CAR1TEN-BAL2NYJ-LAC2MIA-DEN1
DAL-MIN2GB-IND2KC-LV1LAR-TB2

What a fun game. I'm so glad I decided to wake up at 5:20 AM to watch it. My wife is from Arizona so, by default, I have a soft spot for them. I ALMOST switched my pick to Arizona last minute. I'm so glad I stuck to my gut. One of the very few times it worked for me instead of against me.BTW I noticed two weeks ago I was the only person to pick MIA to win against Arizona??? Am I the only person here who recognized early how good the Dolphins have become? **pats himself on the back

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Cardinals are the new Falcons for me. I have guessed them wrong 5 times in a row now. That beats my ATL streak of 4 times in a row.

ARI- 9 out of 10 games picked wrong, With all things equal, getting it wrong 9 times out of 10 is a .19% chance. Compounded with my 65%+ prediction rate, getting it wrong is a .002% chance or less. Unbelievable.
ATL- 6 out of 9 games picked wrong

A teams have it out for me.

If I had HALF of those games right, I would be #1 spot. Decision making time. Do I want ARI to succeed or fail? Their next game is against the Patriots, if I pick them they will 100% lose.

Boo!!!

Just when it looks like the Seahawks could be in a rough spot, they turn the corner. Cardinals have backstabbed me in a big way in back to back weeks now. Bird teams suck.

In other news, there aren't any particular divisive games this week, so the bonus point game will be Lions vs. Panthers based on its current 6-3 split in favor of Detroit. Nothing high-profile going on in this game, but you never know what you'll get with these teams in any given week.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Fuck... Myles Garret got the corona.