By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Week 12 Gameday

ANNOUNCEMENT - Week 10 Results and Standings

View the spreadsheet with all collected data here. Check your own statlines and let me know if there are any mistakes.

For completion's sake, hatmoza's week 9 woes in regards to submitting his picks in time have been given the benefit of the doubt. As expected, the few people who commented on it gave the go-ahead while the rest either abstained or didn't want to pick a side.

Week 10's results were almost identical to week 9 in terms of records, although the ranking of individual players unsurprisingly differs. What's of note is that burninmylight snatched a win despite missing two picks, but granted, this becomes a lot less impressive when you see that the two games he missed were upsets that resulted in wrong picks for everyone else. Arizona's miracle finish against Buffalo created a sizeable swing in the results because it wasn't just an ordinary game, but also the one that granted a bonus point.

#UsernameRecordPP
1burninmylight11-35
1castor11-35
1Shaunodon11-35
2Angelus10-43
2PAOerfulone10-43
2RolStoppable10-42
3Chris Hu9-51
3Farsala9-51
3hatmoza9-51
3Level1Death9-52
3noname22009-52
4sethnintendo8-6-

After seven weeks at the top, Chris Hu has to give way to Shaunodon due to the tie-breaker. castor and sethnintendo switch places while Angelus remains between them in fifth place. burninmylight passes hatmoza for the ninth spot. Overall, we have not had much movement in the standings during the middle of the season, but it's going to become a lot more interesting once we are back to 16-game-weeks and it will be do or die for more and more teams in the NFL playoff race.

#UsernameRecordPct.PP#1-3#1#2#3BPPW
1Shaunodon103-44.7013695319-
2Chris Hu103-44.70131104336-
3RolStoppable100-47.6802893337-
4castor98-49.6672783327-
5Angelus98-49.6672592347-
6sethnintendo96-51.6532482337-
7Farsala95-52.6461991265-
8Level1Death94-53.639188-446-
9burninmylight93-54.6322272237-
10hatmoza92-55.6262282246-
11PAOerfulone91-56.6191962225-
12noname220087-60.5921861148-

Looking ahead to week 11, we'll get a more challenging slate of games than we had lately. We are also almost through with the bye weeks in the NFL, because after week 11 there will be only two teams remaining who have yet to have one; and it won't be in week 12, but in week 13. SNF in week 11 is the revenge game Chiefs vs. Raiders, but despite Las Vegas winning the first meeting, I'll rather go with another conditional bonus point game this week because there are a couple of other high-profile contests available.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

BYE BYE ARI-SEA 2 CIN-WAS 2
ATL-NO 2 PIT-JAX 1 NE-HOU 1 PHI-CLE 2
DET-CAR 1 TEN-BAL 2 NYJ-LAC 2 MIA-DEN 1
DAL-MIN 2 GB-IND 1 KC-LV 1 LAR-TB 2

RolStoppable said:
BYEBYEARI-SEA2CIN-WAS1
ATL-NO2PIT-JAX1NE-HOU1PHI-CLE2
DET-CAR2TEN-BAL1NYJ-LAC2MIA-DEN1
DAL-MIN2GB-IND1KC-LV1LAR-TB2

Rol, I have a condition on the DET CAR game. If Bridgewater is unable to play due to his injury, I will like my pick to go to DET. If that's against the rules, I'll try to keep a look out on his injury status and make the change myself.

The problem with the NO and ATL game is I dunno anything about Brees' backup. It's a tough pick.

This is perhaps my most difficult week. Like fuck, so many toss-ups. I'm for sure gonna have to research a little more than I usually do.

I do think Titans will play BAL strong and win.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
RolStoppable said:
BYEBYEARI-SEA2CIN-WAS1
DET-CAR2TEN-BAL1NYJ-LAC2MIA-DEN1

Rol, I have a condition on the DET CAR game. If Bridgewater is unable to play due to his injury, I will like my pick to go to DET. If that's against the rules, I'll try to keep a look out on his injury status and make the change myself.

The problem with the NO and ATL game is I dunno anything about Brees' backup. It's a tough pick.

This is perhaps my most difficult week. Like fuck, so many toss-ups. I'm for sure gonna have to research a little more than I usually do.

I do think Titans will play BAL strong and win.

It's not against the rules, but rather it's not an option that I am willing to provide because of the larger implications it carries. It's not just player status, but also weather conditions that may be up for consideration and in the end it's always a case of pushing the final responsibility for a pick on me, the host, when the idea is that everyone is responsible for their own picks. So you'll have to keep an eye on Bridgewater yourself and change your pick accordingly if need be.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

BYE BYE ARI-SEA 1 CIN-WAS 1
ATL-NO 2 PIT-JAX 1 NE-HOU 2 PHI-CLE 2
DET-CAR 1 TEN-BAL 2 NYJ-LAC 2 MIA-DEN 1
DAL-MIN 2 GB-IND 2 KC-LV 1 LAR-TB 2

This week is a little more open and harder to guess than the past few weeks. Some matchups that could go either way.

Cardinals-Seahawks: I think the Cardinals are going for the season sweep against the Seahawks. Ever since that first loss a few weeks back, the Seahawks' weaknesses have become more apparent. Their defense is complete garbage and I said from the get go that they can only go as far as Russell Wilson can take them and now he's starting to run out of gas.

Packers-Colts: I smell an upset coming here. The Packers always struggle against tough, physical defensive frontline complimented by good secondaries. And a frontline with guys like Justin Houston and DeForest Buckner? They're gonna have a lot of problems. Look at the Colts' Week 2 matchup with the Vikings as an example. 

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
RolStoppable said:
BYEBYEARI-SEA1CIN-WAS2
DET-CAR1TEN-BAL2NYJ-LAC2MIA-DEN1

My picks are above.

Regarding the quote: isn't Jameis Winston set to start, or did I miss something?

BYEBYEARI-SEA2CIN-WAS1
ATL-NO1PIT-JAX1NE-HOU1PHI-CLE2
DET-CAR2TEN-BAL2NYJ-LAC2MIA-DEN1

BYEBYEARI-SEA2CIN-WAS1
DET-CAR1TEN-BAL2NYJ-LAC2MIA-DEN1

noname2200 said:
Chris Hu said:
noname2200 said:
Actually, just like Josh Rosen's career, my season is indeed a lost cause. But, just like Josh Rosen, I'm going to pretend otherwise and play out the string anyways.

Sam Darnold is going to join him soon in the lost cause NFL careers.  As far as QB go 2010 and 2013 where the worst two drafts in that category in recent history.  Last year was pretty bad also since Kyler Murrary will probably end up the only good QB in the draft.

Last year is even worse for me: as an A's fan, I'm actively rooting for Kyler Murray to bomb and fail, so it's really just salt in the wound for me!

Kyler Murray picking football over baseball was the absolute right choice.  Since he is a pretty mobile QB he will probably have a very long career.  Plus he will be one of the top paid QB eventually also.  Plus he will make way more money in endorsements as a football player then he ever could have made as a baseball player.

Since the 49ers' season is pretty much over, I'm rooting for the Cardinals now. I just want Larry Fitzgerald to finally get his ring.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)