NFC Division Winners NO GB SF DAL
NFC Wild-Card Teams ATL MIN SEA -
AFC Divisional Playoffs KC BAL BUF IND
NFC Divisional Playoffs NO GB SF ATL
AFC Championship Game KC BAL - -
NFC Championship Game NO GB - -
Super Bowl LV KC GB - -
Super Bowl Winner GB - - -

I want that Chiefs vs. Packers Super Bowl after last year's Mahomes vs. Rodgers regular season game didn't happen.

I didn't dare to put a third-ranked team into the playoffs despite the new format. But I also didn't look up the schedule to see which divisions play against each other this year.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

I'd completely forgotten about the expanded playoff format. But you're right Rol: since I'll be so far off base with what little I wrote, I am comfortable leaving the rest incomplete. If nothing else, it means I don't have to reconcile my own bullshit picks with each other.

Category #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East NE BUF MIA NYJ
AFC North BAL PIT CLE CIN
AFC South TEN HOU JAX IND
AFC West KC LAC LV DEN
NFC East DAL WAS PHI NYG
NFC North GB CHI DET MIN
NFC South NO ATL CAR TB
NFC West SF SEA LAR ARI
#1 Draft Pick IND - - -
AFC Division Winners KC BAL NE TEN
AFC Wild-Card Teams LAC PIT HOU -
NFC Division Winners SF NO GB DAL
NFC Wild-Card Teams SEA WAS CHI -
AFC Divisional Playoffs KC BAL LAC PIT
NFC Divisional Playoffs SF NO SEA WAS
AFC Championship Game KC BAL - -
NFC Championship Game SF SEA - -
Super Bowl LV SF BAL - -
Super Bowl Winner SF - - -

Last edited by Farsala - on 10 September 2020

RolStoppable said:
HOU-KC 2 PHI-WAS 1 MIA-NE 2 GB-MIN 1
IND-JAX 2 CHI-DET 2 LV-CAR 1 NYJ-BUF 2
CLE-BAL 2 SEA-ATL 1 LAC-CIN 1 ARI-SF 2
TB-NO 2 DAL-LAR 2 PIT-NYG 1 TEN-DEN 1

Category #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East BUF NE NYJ MIA
AFC North PIT BAL CLE CIN
AFC South HOU TEN IND JAC
AFC West KC LV LAC DEN
NFC East DAL PHI NYG WAS
NFC North GB MIN CHI DET
NFC South TB NO ATL CAR
NFC West LAR SEA SF ARI
#1 Draft Pick WAS - - -
AFC Division Winners KC PIT HOU BUF
AFC Wild-Card Teams BAL TEN CLE -
NFC Division Winners TB GB LAR DAL
NFC Wild-Card Teams SEA NO MIN -
AFC Divisional Playoffs KC PIT HOU BAL
NFC Divisional Playoffs TB GB NO SEA
AFC Championship Game PIT BAL - -
NFC Championship Game TB GB - -
Super Bowl LV TB PIT - -
Super Bowl Winner TB - - -

Around the Network
HOU-KC 2 PHI-WAS 1 MIA-NE 2 GB-MIN 1
IND-JAX 1 CHI-DET 1 LV-CAR 1 NYJ-BUF 2
CLE-BAL 2 SEA-ATL 1 LAC-CIN 1 ARI-SF 2
TB-NO 1 DAL-LAR 2 PIT-NYG 1 TEN-DEN 1

I just got both these lists out at the last minute and haven't read all the rules yet. Please let me know if I need to fix anything.

Shaunodon said:

I just got both these lists out at the last minute and haven't read all the rules yet. Please let me know if I need to fix anything.

Everything is correct.

You don't need to highlight your predicted winners in bold. Somebody did that on the first page and a couple others followed, but it's not necessary.

The rules are a huge post first and foremost for me to point at just about every possible instance and be able to say that it's clearly defined what happens if this or that happens. The things you need to know for the weekly picks:

1. The template for each given week's picks will be located in the second post of the thread. I'll update it in time.

2. You enter 1, 2 or T (for a tie if you are crazy enough to predict one) to make your picks. Getting the SNF game correct yields a small bonus, so it's worth giving that one an extra thought. This week it's Cowboys vs. Rams.

3. You can change picks for any given game as long as it isn't past the respective kickoff time yet. Do it with a new post though, because I won't check old posts for edits. Best way is to quote your initial post and clearly state what you want to have changed.

That's basically it for the next four months. Afterwards it's playoff time, but I have yet to determine this year's playoff format and will explain it in detail in four months when we move on to that stage of the prediction league.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Shaunodon said:

2. You enter 1, 2 or T (for a tie if you are crazy enough to predict one) to make your picks. Getting the SNF game correct yields a small bonus, so it's worth giving that one an extra thought. This week it's Cowboys vs. Rams.

Alright, thanks. I'll definitely give this extra consideration. Cowboys-Rams was actually the hardest game to pick this week, as I expect both to have bounce back seasons.

ANNOUNCEMENT - Bracket Predictions Closed

The season opener Texans at Chiefs is underway, so the bracket predictions have been closed. This year 11 brackets were submitted and entered in the spreadsheet.

I encourage you to check if all of your predictions were entered correctly and make me aware of any mistakes until Sunday 1pm EDT. Should you not say anything until then and it later turns out that there was a mistake, you'll have to live with that mistake.

I tend to be thorough, so everything should be correct to begin with. But if it isn't, you have been warned and had three days to look up the spreadsheet and speak up in case you spotted a mistake.

KC offense still looks incredibly good. I can't help but root for Mahomes. He's so good.

I'm just happy football is back.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson