By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

Angelus said:
I took a gamble on the Raiders, so I'm not super surprised that one isn't quite panning out, but I have to say that I expected more from NE. Very poor showing by them.

Initially I wanted to keep the same faith of, 'there's no way they lose back-to-back in Foxboro', but I spent some time looking closer at their team recently and how people were talking about them.

The people who were saying "I'm not worried about the patriots at all", were all the dumb people. That pushed me over. I also watched some of their 'better' performances, and while I started to believe they could be a playoff team, I wasn't drinking the same kool aid others were.

After following them for years, I knew their offense had no talent. Those 300yds in the second half against Seattle were all against a soft zone, with the Hawks up multiple scores. They have the worst pass defense in the league. They also gave NE an immediate 7pt lead, and were still up multiple TDs early in the 3rd, which is why they were in prevent for so much of that half.

It was still hard to take the Niners, but I somewhat felt this would happen.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Shaunodon said:

I'd like to change my New Orleans pick to Carolina, please.

Saints won by a FG. Panthers had a FGA to tie, it came 1yd short. Teddy took an 8yd sack before the FGA. Motherf***er.

The hell... I flicked over to the World Series as I thought the game was essentially over. Cards had one timeout, right? Why didn't Hawks run the clock?

Way we closed that game was tragic. Fml

Best game of the season so far.
As much as I loathe the Seahawks, their games are always high drama nail-biters that come down to the wire and it’s so fun to watch I’ll give ‘em that!

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
As much as I loathe the Seahawks, their games are always high drama nail-biters that come down to the wire and it’s so fun to watch I’ll give ‘em that!

How do they keep giving teams chances to win lol?!

Took a deep shot on 4th and 1 against the Pats, when  a 1st down essentially ends the game. Then instead of running the clock tonight, they wanted another score? Just don't get it.

Nice win by the Cardinals even though I didn't pick them. Also the Cowboys have a legit chance of loosing all their remaining games.

Cowboys are so tragic, it's not really fun to mock them. It's actually insulting how terrible they're playing with their talent and payroll.

Shaunodon said:
PAOerfulone said:

How do they keep giving teams chances to win lol?!

Took a deep shot on 4th and 1 against the Pats, when  a 1st down essentially ends the game. Then instead of running the clock tonight, they wanted another score? Just don't get it.

They have three things going against them:

1) They typically play too cautiously in the 1st half and fall behind so they’re usually playing from behind in the 2nd half.

2) Wilson gets too pass happy out there and forgets that he has RBs and he himself is a RB and he needs to just keep things simple in crucial moments like tonight.

3) Their defense is total dogshit. Ever since the Legion of Boom disbanded the Seahawks’ defense has been crap. Part of why Wilson gets too pass happy and tries to go for 300-400 yards passing and rushing and get 35-40 points every game is because he knows he has to if they are gonna have a chance, because the defense is likely to give up 35-40 points a game. I was scratching my head over the Antonio Brown rumors. Aside from the shitstorm surrounding Brown and the drama that would cause, I was thinking: “They don’t need another receiver, they need a pass rusher that’s worth a damn!”

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 26 October 2020

Shaunodon said:
Cowboys are so tragic, it's not really fun to mock them. It's actually insulting how terrible they're playing with their talent and payroll.

They are only somewhat talented on offense their defense was already bad last year and is record breaking bad this year.