By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

Aaand, that's the game.

Around the Network

Well I was way off on my Monday Night Football pick. I picked the Ravens to win because they played better against the Texans then the Chiefs did, plus the Chiefs didn't look good against the Chargers last week.

Guys. It is possible that I am not very good at this.

It was only a matter of time before corona spread to one of the teams. I'm sure they can contain and isolate the cases away from other teammates and personnel with a series of testing of quarantine measures. The teams should be ready to play. Worst case scenario rescheduling of games involving MIN and TEN and the teams who played them this passing week.
And a big fuck you to all the NFL team staff members who were refusing to wear masks the early weeks of the season.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

RolStoppable said:

The news is that three players and five members of the personnel of the Titans tested positive for COVID-19 which will result in (very) limited practice activities this week. Might be for the best to decide on a different game for the bonus point in the prediction league. These are the best choices:

Vikings vs. Texans - Two winless teams that are trying to get their season back on track before it's too late. High level of desperation.

Jaguars vs. Bengals - Which of these two teams is the worse one?

Colts vs. Bears - Both combine for a 5-1 record, but who is the real deal?

Bills vs. Raiders - Two playoff contenders that have been off to a good start.

Patriots vs. Chiefs - Would have been an easy choice if this was still the Tom Brady era in New England. After the Chiefs showed off on MNF, this will probably be a clean "2" column in the spreadsheet.

Comment on which of these games is your personal favorite. I'll decide on Friday what we'll go with. If there's not much input, I might just go with the most divisive game based on the picks that have come in.

Browns and Cowboys of course.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

The news is that three players and five members of the personnel of the Titans tested positive for COVID-19 which will result in (very) limited practice activities this week. Might be for the best to decide on a different game for the bonus point in the prediction league. These are the best choices:

Vikings vs. Texans - Two winless teams that are trying to get their season back on track before it's too late. High level of desperation.

Jaguars vs. Bengals - Which of these two teams is the worse one?

Colts vs. Bears - Both combine for a 5-1 record, but who is the real deal?

Bills vs. Raiders - Two playoff contenders that have been off to a good start.

Patriots vs. Chiefs - Would have been an easy choice if this was still the Tom Brady era in New England. After the Chiefs showed off on MNF, this will probably be a clean "2" column in the spreadsheet.

Comment on which of these games is your personal favorite. I'll decide on Friday what we'll go with. If there's not much input, I might just go with the most divisive game based on the picks that have come in.

Colts and Bears would be my vote. Although I'm morbidly curious to see if the Bills or the Raiders are more illusory.

RolStoppable said:
DEN-NYJ 1 BAL-WAS 1 PIT-TEN 2 LAC-TB 2
SEA-MIA 1 MIN-HOU 2 NO-DET 2 CLE-DAL 2
JAX-CIN 2 IND-CHI 1 ARI-CAR 1 NYG-LAR 2
BUF-LV 1 NE-KC 2 PHI-SF 2 ATL-GB 2

If The Jets are ever going to get a win, this is this chance against a beat-up Denver team. I think Denver is starting a different QB too

CIN is in the same position as Jets. Except I have more faith in them winning this week. CIN schedule is brutal after this

There are rumors of the PIT TEN game being rescheduled due to the positive corona virus cases across the NFL. I have TEN over PIT this week but depending on which players on TEN got the virus, and depending on if the game is played as scheduled, I may switch my pick.

Upset alert this week? NO to DET

Holy crap, this week is a cash cow for betting.

Broncos vs (1.5) Jets - Take the broncos
Ravens (-13) vs washington - Take the ravens
Cardinals (-3). vs panthers - Take the cardinals
Steelers (-1) at titans - Take the steelers
Saints (-4) at Lions - take the saints.
Sea hawks (-6.5) at dolphins - take the hawks.
Browns vs cowboys (- 4.5) - take the cowboys
falcons at greenbay (-7) - take the packers.

You are very welcome.

DEN-NYJ 1 BAL-WAS 1 PIT-TEN LAC-TB 2
SEA-MIA 1 MIN-HOU 2 NO-DET 1 CLE-DAL 2
JAX-CIN 2 IND-CHI 2 ARI-CAR 2 NYG-LAR 2
BUF-LV 2 NE-KC 2 PHI-SF 2 ATL-GB 2

PIT-TEN is postponed.

DEN-NYJ 1 BAL-WAS 1 PIT-TEN PPD LAC-TB 2
SEA-MIA 1 MIN-HOU 1 NO-DET 1 CLE-DAL 2
JAX-CIN 2 IND-CHI 2 ARI-CAR 1 NYG-LAR 2
BUF-LV 1 NE-KC 2 PHI-SF 2 ATL-GB 2

Freaking COVID.

Even if Brady was still in New England, I'd still go with the Chiefs.