By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

LudicrousSpeed said:

It doesn't help that Lamar doesn't have anything close to a reliable #1 WR. He has a good but fragile weapon at TE, but his receivers are doodoo.

This is exactly why I give Lamar some benefit of the doubt this season.

As for WAS. The defense puts fear in my heart. I remember when the Browns played them early in the season. They are tough, and that was without Young.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
hatmoza said:

Dan Bailey misses a field goal
Everyone: ...
Dan Bailey: wanna see me do it again?

Well they still would have lost to the Bucs by three points if he would have made all his field goals yesterday.

I must have jinx myself. Cody Parker has missed 2 field goals

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Didn't get the win but at least it was a damn good game.

Well the Ravens needed that win more they still need to win all their remaining games to have a good change to make it into the playoffs.

The Browns loss certainly helped the Steelers, but they do have an easier schedule left than the Steelers almost solely due to the Jets existing.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
hatmoza said:

Dan Bailey misses a field goal

Well they still would have lost to the Bucs by three points if he would have made all his field goals yesterday.

If Bailey makes the extra point attempts and at least the first FGA (which was around 36 yards I think. Not going to look it up to see exactly how far, but it was VERY doable), that changes the complexion of the game. The Vikings now have more confidence in their kicker, have more of their playbook open when in supposed FG range, and likely have fewer 4th down attempts. They likely play with less urgency, while Tampa plays with a little more.

That both teams are playing a game where both suddenly realize one doesn't have a kicker through three quarters goes beyond the points we can measure.

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

My tiny Oklahoman brain can't comprehend the idea of football on weeknights even though it's been a thing for about a dozen years, so I'm just going to throw names out now to stop giving away points every single week.

Dec. 17 - Raiders

Dec. 25 - Saints

Dec. 26 - Buccs, Cardinals and Dolphins

Yep due to COVID this is the first NFL season where we had a game scheduled on every day of the week not sure why they pushed the last Thursday Night game to Friday but that one makes it official.

I just realized you're acknowledging my existence again after last season! But for whatever reason, I still can't remember that there is a Thursday  night game on every week and to log in and make my selection for it. I've probably left eight or nine points on the board because of it now.

RolStoppable said:
LAC-LV2BUF-DEN1CAR-GB2SF-DAL1
SEA-WAS2CHI-MIN2NE-MIA2JAX-BAL2
TB-ATL1DET-TEN2HOU-IND2PHI-ARI2
NYJ-LAR2KC-NO1CLE-NYG1PIT-CIN1

SEA-WAS1CHI-MIN2NE-MIA2JAX-BAL2

SEA-WAS2CHI-MIN1NE-MIA2JAX-BAL2