By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

Shaunodon said:

I'm gonna throw this out there and want people to give it some thought before replying:

If the Dolphins start Tua from here on and he plays close to his potential, what's the ceiling for this team and could they compete for that division?

Update:

Question is still there if anyone wants to answer. Dolphins just became very interesting.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Shaunodon said:

I'm gonna throw this out there and want people to give it some thought before replying:

If the Dolphins start Tua from here on and he plays close to his potential, what's the ceiling for this team and could they compete for that division?

Update:

Question is still there if anyone wants to answer. Dolphins just became very interesting.

Honestly, Fitzpatrick has been playing very well for them, so I'm surprised that they're going with the rookie at this moment in time. In the long run, it's of course good to get him as much actual in game experience as early as possible, but in the short term, I don't believe this makes them better.

BYE BYE NYG-PHI 2 PIT-TEN 1
DAL-WAS 1 BUF-NYJ 1 CAR-NO 2 GB-HOU 1
CLE-CIN 1 DET-ATL 1 SEA-ARI 1 JAX-LAC 2
SF-NE 2 KC-DEN 1 TB-LV 2 CHI-LAR 1

Why is Tua Tagovailoa becoming a starter for the Dolphins such a big deal? I sincerely don't know.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

SF-NE 2 KC-DEN 1 TB-LV 1 CHI-LAR 2

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Why is Tua Tagovailoa becoming a starter for the Dolphins such a big deal? I sincerely don't know.

The Dolphins pretty much tanked to get him.  Some people think he could potentially be the best QB from the 2020 draft.  If I where the Dolphins I would have drafted Herbert instead much safer pick.

SF-NE 2 KC-DEN 1 TB-LV 2 CHI-LAR 1

Metallox said:

He was a highly touted rookie and Miami kind of tanked to get him.

But they were expected to be a trash team this year too, but are actually 3-3 and a game outside of leading the AFC East. Ryan Fitzpatrick has been playing very well, so it's weird to bench him for a rookie. It could be a great move if he also plays well and Miami keeps winning, it could backfire if he comes in and they struggle. They are on a bye and then they have a stretch of six games that are all winnable.

I want to see if anyone trades for Fitz. Dallas should certainly be interested, Dalton looked way too uncomfortable on MNF.

BYE BYE NYG-PHI 2 PIT-TEN 2
CLE-CIN 1 DET-ATL 2 SEA-ARI 1 JAX-LAC 2
SF-NE 1 KC-DEN 1 TB-LV 2 CHI-LAR 1

CLE-CIN 1 DET-ATL 1 SEA-ARI 2 JAX-LAC 2
SF-NE 2 KC-DEN 1 TB-LV 1 CHI-LAR 1