By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

Lionel Messi - 6

Michael Jordan - 6

Tom Brady - 7

Around the Network

I don't feel bad. Chiefs will be back, hopefully cleaner.

Should have picked the Bucs but I stuck with my season bracket prediction pick. Not really surprised that the Bucs won but I am surprised that they held the Chiefs to single digits in scoring.

One of the most boring Super Bowls I have watched. Chiefs played like crap, refs made some bad calls, and the halftime show wasn't great. A few good commercials at least so it wasn't a total waste of time. Congratz to Brady though, he played well. I bet the Pats regret letting Brady get away from them tonight. Getting Brady and Gronk turned the Buccaneers from a below average to bad team (7-9 in 2019, 5-11 in 2017 and 2018) to super bowl champions.  

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 08 February 2021

If Brady can do this, why doesn't Brees and Rodgers strive for similar? I expect retirement ages to extend in the future.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:

Should have picked the Bucs but I stuck with my season bracket prediction pick. Not really surprised that the Bucs won but I am surprised that they held the Chiefs to single digits in scoring.

I picked a larger margin for this game than against the Packers. If you had the same, I was just gonna add another 7 for the Bucs. Tom Brady didn't get to the first home Super Bowl just to 'pass the torch', as the whole media was having fever dreams imagining.

We were told there'd be history with the youngest ever to lift multiple SB trophies. Well last time I checked Tom Brady's daughter is still younger than Mahomeboy

Guess we can lock that record in for good. Either way, it belongs to a Brady :)

Shaunodon said:
Chris Hu said:

I picked a larger margin for this game than against the Packers. If you had the same, I was just gonna add another 7 for the Bucs. Tom Brady didn't get to the first home Super Bowl just to 'pass the torch', as the whole media was having fever dreams imagining.

We were told there'd be history with the youngest ever to lift multiple SB trophies. Well last time I checked Tom Brady's daughter is still younger than Mahomeboy

Guess we can lock that record in for good. Either way, it belongs to a Brady :)

Yeah nobody is going to catch Brady in Superbowl wins and appearances.  I doubt there was a player that was on all the Packers Championship teams from the sixties so Brady has more championships then any other NFL player.  The Bucs should be better next year so I like his chances of winning it again next year. 

Metallox said:

Man, if only Brady had gone to the Chargers.

The Chargers are in good hands with Justin Herbert he had the best rookie year ever for a NFL qb and he didn't even play in all the games.  The Chargers and Herbert will probably be one of the main reasons that Mahomes might not even win four championships.

So there are actually 15 players that where on all the championship Packers teams and have five championships each with the Packers three of those players also won another championship with another team and have six titles but Brady is the only player that has seven championships now.

KLAMarine said:

If Brady can do this, why doesn't Brees and Rodgers strive for similar? I expect retirement ages to extend in the future.

It looks more and more likely that Brees will retire at least he going to give the Saints some more cap space for next season since he will restructure his contract they still could be $79 million dollars over the cap.  The Packers also have cap problems they could be $32 million dollars over the cap.  Just due to cap reasons the Saints and Packers will be worse next season.