By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

hatmoza said:
sethnintendo said:

Sounds like they have their work cut out for them.  I just remember every year sportscasters always try to prop up some underdog team or whatever saying this is their year or whatever because of their draft choices or trades from previous year.  Remember last year when they hyped Baker Mayfield and the fucking Browns?  Well guess what the browns still suck and Baker Mayfield can suck a dick.  This coming from a TTU fan and Mayfield is a little bitch that went to OU cause he sucked at TTU.  I grew up in Ohio and at least I had common knowledge not to root for Ohio teams because they suck.

Been meaning to respond to this. You say the same shit every year. "oh I used to live in Ohio", "fuck the Browns", "they will never succeed" etc etc. But in reality, you sound JUST like a miserable Browns fan... a closeted one XD

For fun, I would eventually go back and pull those posts up, eventually. So please don't go back and delete them! We need them for future comic relief!

Lol never was browns fan.   I actually liked Michigan when I grew up in Ohio to spite my mom that went to Ohio State.  Part of reason why I became a Pats fan because Tom Brady went to Michigan when I was in HS.  

Granted I was little harsh on Baker Mayfield but I believe he only looked good at OU because OU had a badass team.  Kingsbury was starting Davis Webb over Mayfield even after he healed up. Mahomes eventually became TTU starting QB in following year and we all know who is a better QB.  

Mayfield didn't look too good in blowout loss to Ravens.   Browns still have plenty work to do.   Funny browns moved to Baltimore and then became good.

Don't worry I won't delete my posts.  The browns haven't been good since like the 50s.

Around the Network

The Revenge Tour starts NOW!

Let’s go, Niners!!!

RolStoppable said:

Couldn't watch the Packers game, but the play-by-play rundown shows a strong performance by Rodgers where he could connect on deep throws; 350+ yards and 4 TDs today. Ground game was merely solid with Jones averaging just above 4 yards, but it doesn't need to be more to consistently move the chains. Offense looked better than a season ago when it had repeatedly trouble to get into rhythm. On the other side of the ball, the defense didn't improve. It's good in bursts, then looks like it isn't even on the field.

Regardless, a good start into the season with a win in Minnesota. Can't expect everything to go well in week 1 and the Packers are supposed to be an offense-first team, so if the offense clicks right away, then that's promising.

He also had a couple dropped easy passes, including one for a touchdown and one that ended a drive. Looked really good.

We also got the end of the Lions-Bears game here, and Bears managed to not only comeback late but survive on a miracle, couresy of a dropped TD by RB Slate.

Packers defense was a bit suspect, but I definitely feel they should have the division without too many issues.

COWBOYS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

And Kittle is hurt.

God-fucking damnit...

Around the Network

Not a great start for Tom Brady in Tampa. At least they're not giving up.

I think Kittle is ok..?

He is. Thank God.

Now if the offense could just wake up...

The Bucs defense is keeping this game alive somehow. Would be a great time for Brady to get on the same page with Mike Evans.

Edit: I'm fairly certain he had Evans wide-open down the right on that 2nd down and 6, and instead forced a throw down the middle to Gronk in triple coverage, lucky to not be picked. Just not seeing the field.

Last edited by Shaunodon - on 13 September 2020

Garoppolo got lucky on that drive with that PI.

I’ll take the TD, but I do not like what I’m seeing from him tonight. At all.

God-fucking damnit, Garoppolo!

This one’s on you!!! 🤬🤬🤬