By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

Here it is as an unlisted youtube videohttps://youtu.be/pmtn83zCz00

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
hatmoza said:

I have a screen recording that proves that the website was not loading for ten minutes. That's why I'm 5 minutes late to turn my picks in

This recording will be mandatory to provide, if you want your picks for the early Sunday games to be counted. VGC has made major changes to its website yesterday, so slow loading of pages has been common since then. Not as excessive as ten minutes, but I can't rule it out. If you have evidence of it being VGC that made your submission late, then by all means, show it.

EDIT: Saw your post on my wall. If you are unable to share the recording, then it's a difficult call to make. The deadline for picks is a clearly defined rule, but at the same time we have an extra-ordinary circumstance with VGC's website changes.

My second option to go about this is to ask the other players in the prediction league if they would be okay with a special exception for you just this once. Your picks came 8 minutes too late which doesn't provide an inherent advantage for predictions.

It is excessive but it's the truth. The website took about ten minutes to load, and it was slow all throughout my navigation. Even now it takes several minutes for the page to load after I quote someone.

I appreciate you offering the exception, and I did manage to share the video via youtube.

Everyone else, as Rol suggested, I hope you are willing to make the exception considering the circumstance.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

RolStoppable said:
hatmoza said:
Here it is as an unlisted youtube videohttps://youtu.be/pmtn83zCz00

Technically, the video does not prove that the website wasn't loading for ten minutes, but it's also farfetched that you made it all up. It's factual that VGC has been loading slow for everyone since yesterday.

The timestamp on your screen is 10:05 PM which is consistent with an earlier statement of yours that you are in Dubai.

The rule for the deadline is clearly defined, so it's usually very easy to enforce it to the accuracy of a minute. But this weekend is extraordinary for the aforementioned reason, so that's a mitigating factor. I will let your picks for the early Sunday games count.

<3

With the Seahawks losing, the Cardinals would be in first place if they win this game against the Dolphins.

hatmoza said:
RolStoppable said:
hatmoza said:

I have a screen recording that proves that the website was not loading for ten minutes. That's why I'm 5 minutes late to turn my picks in

This recording will be mandatory to provide, if you want your picks for the early Sunday games to be counted. VGC has made major changes to its website yesterday, so slow loading of pages has been common since then. Not as excessive as ten minutes, but I can't rule it out. If you have evidence of it being VGC that made your submission late, then by all means, show it.

EDIT: Saw your post on my wall. If you are unable to share the recording, then it's a difficult call to make. The deadline for picks is a clearly defined rule, but at the same time we have an extra-ordinary circumstance with VGC's website changes.

My second option to go about this is to ask the other players in the prediction league if they would be okay with a special exception for you just this once. Your picks came 8 minutes too late which doesn't provide an inherent advantage for predictions.

It is excessive but it's the truth. The website took about ten minutes to load, and it was slow all throughout my navigation. Even now it takes several minutes for the page to load after I quote someone.

I appreciate you offering the exception, and I did manage to share the video via youtube.

Everyone else, as Rol suggested, I hope you are willing to make the exception considering the circumstance.

Last time I suggested an exemption because of Covid confusion (which I saw as an extra-ordinary circumstance), I got slapped on the wrist with 'that's not how we do things here'. So I'm leaving this to Rol's discretion.

Around the Network

10 minutes sounds like a bit of a stretch, if I'm being honest, but I don't mind if we let his picks count.

Eh, I'm willing to give Hatmoza the benefit of the doubt on this one. It's only taking about two or three on my end, but I'm willing to bend on this one.

Yeah, the site was acting up on my end as well. I say let them count.

is ten minutes really farfetched? It seemed longer to be honest before I even got the website to load up. I wouldn't even bother arguing the case if I didn't truly feel like I was getting cheating out of the early picks due to the technical issues. Mind you I had absolutely no idea the website was undergoing maintenance. Thanks for the benefit of the doubt guys.